XF Infraction Post

XF Infraction Post 1.3.0

No permission to download

ludak

ludak submitted a new resource:

XF Infraction Post - VBulletin like thread post to a specified forum when user is banned

This is a free version of new thread notification on specified forum ID when user is banned. This was available out of the box on VB message boards and something that was missing once we made migration to xenforo.

This is a free version with very basic features. You basically set the Forum ID where you would like the new threads to be posted and once the user is banned new thread is created with title of USERNAME, and message description, about who banned the user, date user was banned...

Read more about this resource...

ludak updated XF Infraction Post with a new update entry:

Some improvements when user is banned though points system

- If user is banned though points system and points total makes the user banned (then we still post to forum the banned user)
- Also if we are posting to the new thread for each user, with new improvements, now we are looking for the already existing thread with that user (if the user has been banned before), and appending to that thread, instead of creating a new thread all the times.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I would like to see it post not just infractions resulting in bans to a selected board, but any and all infractions (warnings) issued. I like to keep all of the behavior reports in one place. That's how I had it set up on my old vBulletin and it was perfect. Reported posts, infractions, warnings and reversals all posted to the same staff members sub forum.

Thanks for the suggestion Andrus. I wrote this quick just to have something to see bans for my forum originally. That is good idea and I will look into implementing more advanced features.

There was a small error showing on the new update will fix that shortly :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion Andrus. I wrote this quick just to have something to see bans for my forum originally. That is good idea and I will look into implementing more advanced features.

There was a small error showing on the new update will fix that shortly :)

Thanks Ludak! I am very much looking forward to it. :)

@ludak can you please update this, there's an annoying bug:
- When a user bans someone and you're using the option to post a new thread of every ban.
- If a thread with the user's username has already been created by another member it adds it as a reply.
- example: if someone's username is "hello" and someone has made a thread titled "hello" then it posts it in that thread.

Please fix asap. Thanks.

Thanks for reporting this. What I am reading is this is not a bug but as how the system is working. We do not open new thread if the thread for the user is already existing, we just add the infraction about the user in their thread.

I might add some additional features soon to lets you select if you want the new thread or add it to existing, as of right now this is how it works.

Thanks for reporting this. What I am reading is this is not a bug but as how the system is working. We do not open new thread if the thread for the user is already existing, we just add the infraction about the user in their thread.

I might add some additional features soon to lets you select if you want the new thread or add it to existing, as of right now this is how it works.
Would you consider using some kind of prefix like [Ban] so that it’s not so generic as to have it reply to a public random thread?

How do you have it to reply to public random thread? I thought you have to select which thread you want it to be posted?

How do you have it to reply to public random thread? I thought you have to select which thread you want it to be posted?
I’m talking about the option where it automatically creates a new thread everytime someone is banned. But if a thread is already made with that banned users name as a thread title, it posts in that thread instead of making a new one.

Yes, and that is how the add-on was created. I might create an option to disable this if you don't like it, but I need some time.

Yes, and that is how the add-on was created. I might create an option to disable this if you don't like it, but I need some time.
You can simply fix it by adding a prefix on thread creation. Instead of the thread title being only the username eg “username123” it would be “[Ban] username123”, this way it wouldn’t accidentally post to another persons thread.

I understand, but this is how your forum functions and this is not how this functionality was intended to be used. It was purposly added to seek first within the forum if the thread is existing with the "NAME" of the banned person. If there is an existing thread, we just add to that thread, otherwise we post to a new thread.

I will have some more improvements soon. I am working on some other add-on at the moment so did not have much time working on this.

Maybe this is related to what is written above.
I had a reply written to a thread that had the banned users name.
The problem was that, that thread was not in the forum I have setup for the banned threads. But in a public forum.
Funny enough it was an old thread about a cat with the same name as the banned user.

It seemes it writes to any thread on the forum that has the banned users name, not checking if it is the forum for the banned threads.
Earlier I has written to old threads or create new ones in the right forum. But I guess this time it did find a thread in a public forum and wrote the reply there.

I have not been working on this plugin too much as it was designed for my forum mostly to do the things we needed, and I wanted to share with community as well. I will add more options soon, and will update.

Top Bottom