XF and the future of this great platform..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExpertPixels.com

Hey all,

Firstly ive not been very active with my webmaster / personal projects in the past 6 months or thereabouts.. Anyways it would seem not much has chanced in the way of the public / current / potential license holders..

Now as a design and without putting tickets on myself i am quality designer with unique ideas and designs, I basically am trying to resume a full time webmaster job again working for myself and one of my main projects is going to be "Premium Designs" for multiple platforms with XF being one of the main focuses it's just right now i don't know what is going on with XF and how much effort i should put into XF designs..

XF is a great solution and is leaps and bounds ahead of other forums / cms solutions out there it's just i don't want to put so much time and effort into these designs only to find out XF goes under and my time not only designing but also learning / updating designs would go to waste.

I do realize due to the court cases etc that Kier and other staff are basically not allowed to say boo about whats going on.. Anyways i do feel that i am not the only one who is feeling this way and am just after some feedback / replies in terms of how others feel about this (some staff input would be awesome but is do understand that prolly wont happen).

Regards, Darren

Here we go again, nobody knows anything. All we know it's still ongoing and we don't know whether KAM will drop dead or not after the case is over. All you can do here is either work on the platform or not, and hope for the best.

Sorry Lucas !!

Like i said i check in on XF here and there but never see any updates / news regarding this.. please don't get angry i am just concerned like many others i guess.

Cheers for replying.. don't mean to be a noob.. (actually i am not lol) but yeah i basically check the XF main page waiting to see something saying "XF is good to continue development"

Regards, Darren

Hang tight, the endgame is in sight, the settlement conference is on wednesday, and all going well, it should be over, baring that, summary judgement could end it, or, if not the trial date would be set in March 4th, and expect the trial to begin by mid-to-late March.

Thanks Slavik !

Mate i loved XF and still do.. just hard from where i am standing to commit to XF with all the unknowns that's all.. was just after some feedback and i do appreciate people taking the time to reply !!

Regards, Darren

They would be allowed

A) to talk what they want
and
B) to continue development

But they decided not to do. There was much speculation about the "why".
We don't know yet. We'll know once this server goes down or a new version will be offered. It makes sense to be prepared for both.

They would be allowed

A) to talk what they want
and
B) to continue development

But they decided not to do. There was much speculation about the "why".
We don't know yet. We'll know once this server goes down or a new version will be offered. It makes sense to be prepared for both.

stop talking silly.
If it was going down it would have closed down long ago.
It is very nearly over. Just try to calm down and not play drama queen.

this is nearly over already lasted two years .. will last more than 2 years? nobody knows ..

Fabio have you read Slavik's post above?
Read carefully please.

1. The settlement conference is on Wednesday. That is THIS WEDNESDAY February 13 2013.
It is possible that is the end.

2. If it does not end on Wednesday February 13 2013 the next option is the Judge makes a summary judgement.
That would also end it very soon.

3. The last possibility is it does not get decided on Wednesday February 13 2013
and the Judge decides it must go to trial.
Then on Monday March 4th 2013 the Judge selects the date for trial for some time during March 2013.

Now if anything there is not clear, read it a second time.
If it is still not clear, ask.

But that should not be necessary because this has been explained many many times.

Morgain, THANKS !!!

That cleared things up a lot more, I do appreciate everyones feedback.. I certainly wasn't trying to start another crazy "XF LAW SUIT" thread.. Simply wanted some feedback from what other peoples opinions were that is all.

Admin Delete this thread if you want !!

Regards, Darren

After watching all those major communities switching, one by one, to xenforo, I don’t believe the platform is going to vanish... There are too many high stakes... A line has been crossed and there's no going back... patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom