XF 2.3 / 3.0 release date

When i moved from over the other side of ballarat to where i am today the only problem was the unpacking and cleaning up.
Had to move back over close to my parents due to one of them having cancer and the other one having to do all the work.

If you can call leaving all your furniture in the US, selling your car and your entire workshop, your personal belongings being somewhere in the Atlantic with an arrival date of April, having no furniture, sleeping on the floor, and eating ready meals because you have no kitchen implements or appliances, settled in, then yeah, we're really settled in ...

Not complaining though, we're still better off than many.

It's just another chapter in our adventure.
You are probably better off since the USA is going downhill fast. Doesn't matter who the next president is, we are screwed!!!

If you can call leaving all your furniture in the US, selling your car and your entire workshop, your personal belongings being somewhere in the Atlantic with an arrival date of April, having no furniture, sleeping on the floor, and eating ready meals because you have no kitchen implements or appliances, settled in, then yeah, we're really settled in ...

Not complaining though, we're still better off than many.

It's just another chapter in our adventure.
Bloody hell, sounds really stressful. Hope sanity is restored sooner rather than later. 😮

I updated my XenForo license because I thought version 2.3 would be released in December 2023. I also bought a new license because they were offering a discount and would increase the price the following year, and of course, because I was really hoping the promised version would be released soon. But it turns out that was just a vain hope that left me disappointed. Nevertheless, I pray that the developers stay healthy so they can perfect their work.

I'll update mine in september when it's due.
Like i did last year.
I know that i will need the support tickets for matters that the forum can't fix up.

I took advantage of the sale to extend mine for two years. I figure I am then covered for any remaining 2.2 releases, 2.3 and its patch releases and maybe 3.0. It also means I don't have to budget for maintenance until 2026, which was actually a bigger factor.

At this point, we may freeze on whatever is the final 2.3.x release. Not sure that the work of updating our style for 3.0 will be worth it given our size and trend.

At this point, we may freeze on whatever is the final 2.3.x release. Not sure that the work of updating our style for 3.0 will be worth it given our size and trend.
I will still probably update to 3.0 whenever it happens--my oldest forum dates back to 1997, and even has roots a little further back when I had a guestbook on the site. But I'm almost at the point where I want to be done with forums completely. Just getting tired of everything, and would prefer writing/blogging where I'd have more than the niche audience my oldest forum operates in. Part of the issue is, I've had friends that have stuck around since 1997, have met a few of them in person, and I'd hate to cut off something we all share in common.

Anyway, back to complaining about XF ...

Come on guys! What the hells' going on?
GIF Fire Steel di SURVIVAL REVIVED

and yet things are still being done in the same way over and over :poop:

Lack of communication to start with.
Might be because they're too busy to properly chat. 🤦‍♀️
If you need them to look at something of yours on your forum send them a ticket.

Xenforo should hire a person with communication skills with the cash grab license renewal scheme they threw out there as bait end of last year.

Admitting their communication is lacking and not doing anything about it year on year is very telling.

Honest question.

Are any of these updates going to increase participation on your forum if they were released right now? Would your attrition rate go up?

Focus on what you can do for your forum and update it when it happens. Content still has to be made for a thriving community, from both the "staff" and members as it's an exchange of communication.

If you go back into my XF history, I mistakenly waited until 2.1 Beta for reactions (as I didn't want to buy the reactions add on that was out) until I released my first forum. However, I had a couple of months that I could've been building content to attract even more people on 2.0 who wouldn't have noticed much of anything from 2.0 to 2.1 without being told what changed, which I suspect to be the case here from 2.2 to 2.3.

It'll come when it comes. Focus on your community -- the number one asset -- before you focus on the software it runs on unless the software causes the community to break (errors, etc.).

Honest question.

Are any of these updates going to increase participation on your forum if they were released right now? Would your attrition rate go up?

Focus on what you can do for your forum and update it when it happens. Content still has to be made for a thriving community, from both the "staff" and members as it's an exchange of communication.

If you go back into my XF history, I mistakenly waited until 2.1 Beta for reactions (as I didn't want to buy the reactions add on that was out) until I released my first forum. However, I had a couple of months that I could've been building content to attract even more people on 2.0 who wouldn't have noticed much of anything from 2.0 to 2.1 without being told what changed, which I suspect to be the case here from 2.2 to 2.3.

It'll come when it comes. Focus on your community -- the number one asset -- before you focus on the software it runs on unless the software causes the community to break (errors, etc.).
It depends what topics you post up

I see 2.3 as a huge QOL improvement and maintaining with technology trends. SSO and WebHook support is an unblocker for many that want to integrate with x,y,z offerings.

Being complacent with what is offered as-is, is never a good thing in technology. I still experience blockers that the core XF system doesn't have as-is (chunked file uploads), which has been around for decades.

Will 2.3 attract net new users alone, probably not. Will it enable administrators and staff to be able to stay relevant, increase value, and offer new things to attract and retain members; yes.

Xenforo should hire a person with communication skills with the cash grab license renewal scheme they threw out there as bait end of last year.

Admitting their communication is lacking and not doing anything about it year on year is very telling.
Transparency in price increases is now a cash grab... Got it.

Top Bottom