1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF Release date estimate ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by ExpertPixels.com, Sep 11, 2010.

1. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Really impressed with the pace you guys are moving at (as most people are).. i would like to know a rough time frame for a public release date ? a guesstimate would do just fine, also a price range would also be great.

I want to start a new project and well i would just like to start planning it now.

Thanks and sorry if this has been posted elsewhere (i did have a quick look first)

Regards, Darren
  2. Lycaon

Lycaon Well-Known Member

I don't think you'll get either yet.
  3. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

The price for XenForo will be comparable to that of vBulletin and Invision Power Board. The software is currently in alpha development.
    Doctor likes this.
  4. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

The price of vB and IPB aren't really even comparable to each other. :confused:
  5. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

True, but I didn't make the original statement. I assume it will be in the region of, but comparable, since the forum isn't as established. It will also be dependant on the subscription factors - pay for updates or a lump sum (as with vBulletin 4).
  6. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

It may not be established in of itself but the developers are WELL established. Liz
    Doctor likes this.
  7. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

I believe the official statement was that the price would be competitive with vB and IPB.
    AmericanForum.com likes this.
  8. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

You are correct:

I've seen both used in the same context to mean the same thing though :/