XF 2.3 / 3.0 release date

I finally understand your reasoning! Instead of "I will have to do this someday" you prefer to just get it over with and "I will just do it today".
Yes.
Rip it off and get it over with!
This approach!

It’s better than the “oh no I don’t have the money to renew it “ when it’s needed and you have the upgrade to worry about but can’t actually do because your license asks you to pay the renewal before you can upgrade.

It’s funny I’ve seen this happen to those that laugh reacted at me.

Hence why I have this approach.

This just in: Brogan says to update to 2.3 on your production sites today, or you're a coward. (or something like that)
You need to put it in the same thing as this example.

You need to fill up your car with petrol but you claim that it will get you from Ballarat to Melbourne on one small bar.

You make it as far as Wallace which is about 90kms from Melbourne.

The only way how you are going to make it to melbourne is via the train.

Don't put it off because you never know when @Chris D will release 2.3

You need to put it in the same thing as this example.

You need to fill up your car with petrol but you claim that it will get you from Ballarat to Melbourne on one small bar.

You make it as far as Wallace which is about 90kms from Melbourne.

The only way how you are going to make it to melbourne is via the train.

What? Your XenForo tank isn't going to go empty lol

It’s better than the “oh no I don’t have the money to renew it “ when it’s needed and you have the upgrade to worry about but can’t actually do because your license asks you to pay the renewal before you can upgrade.
I always wait until I actually need to renew before I pay. Why spend the money earlier than you have to? I am now paid up to 2026 but that's because of last year's sale.

That said, I do renew annually to keep up with the third point releases. As an IT guy in my day job, I am a bit anal about keeping up with updates.

Reactions: FTL
I always wait until I actually need to renew before I pay. Why spend the money earlier than you have to? I am now paid up to 2026 but that's because of last year's sale.

That said, I do renew annually to keep up with the third point releases. As an IT guy in my day job, I am a bit anal about keeping up with updates.
There is a valid reason on why I do these things.
I cannot stand going over due dates.
I make it a priority to fix up anything when I am needing to pay for things. The earlier the better.

Yeah, they're pretty important, especially for the security updates, even if there are no outward differences.

Don't put it off because you never know when @Chris D will release 2.3
I'm sure @Chris D eats lives and breathes Xenforo but he's one of a team and it sounds somewhat disingenuous to assume he alone is responsible for future releases.

But regardless, boom... 2.3 gets released, takes everyone by surprise and we all panic because we haven't renewed our licences. Or we all just log in and upgrade at our leisure.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm sure @Chris D eats lives and breathes Xenforo but he's one of a team and it sounds somewhat disingenuous to assume he alone is responsible for future releases.

But regardless, boom... 2.3 gets released, takes everyone by surprise and we all panic because we haven't renewed our licences. Or we all just log in and upgrade at our leisure.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Yeah but if the license isn't renewed, they'll have to wait until it is renewed to actually upgrade.
I'd love to prank @Chris D one day but i somehow think he'd be too intelligent for me as he'd work out why i'd be pranking him.

Yes, renewing is quick and easy and seconds later 2.3 can be downloaded, so where do you see a problem?

Waiting until it's released also has the added benefit that it will maximise the support period for 2.3 and its point updates.
When I first took over doing the XF work on the site, I realized we were badly behind on upgrades. Went to download the latest (this was going from 1.3 to 1.5 or something like that) and couldn't. Oops, no one has been renewing. Renewed and kept going. Boom done.

Reactions: FTL
Top Bottom