XF 1.2 add-on compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be another time to bash Adam. You can trust him for that. But now what he is doing is useful for users and doesn't prevent users to go directly in the addon thread to ask for support if they find a problem. Anyway that they will do if the addon doesn't work.

Yeah, there's no reason people can't do both: post in a developer thread, if they haven't already, and here. Personally, I'd like to see all the incompatible addon's listed here, so that I didn't have to go looking here and there and wherever to find it out. Besides, my guess is that most developers already know whether their addon's are compatible or not with 1.2, because someone has probably told them by now, and quite possibly they've already tested their own addon's - I know I would, unless I was planning to hold off till the final release.

So let's see: When I suggested a thread of this sort, one of the moderators shot me down without a real explanation of why. But here it is anyway. Oh well!

I only have 38 addons installed on my site now after 1.2 breaking half of em in some way or another.

I only have 38 addons installed on my site now after 1.2 breaking half of em in some way or another.

Are you finding yourself still needing them or waiting for them to be fixed up and re-installing them?

No just annoyed by th

Just stuff like Post Ratings, Mobile Agent Tracer and Widget Framework.

What's wrong with post ratings in 1.2 i don't think i read anything about it and did ask in the thread what the issues were with that but no response.

I will want particularly Nodes as Tabs and Login as User. They are my mainstays. Are they all right?

What's wrong with post ratings in 1.2 i don't think i read anything about it and did ask in the thread what the issues were with that but no response.

Post rating works, but when you rate something you can't see that you rated it. You have to refresh the page to see it.

So let's see: When I suggested a thread of this sort, one of the moderators shot me down without a real explanation of why. But here it is anyway. Oh well!

If I remember correctly, it was a "You should post in the add-on threads." type comment. There have already been instances where people have reported it here and not to the developers.

xenPorta is also not working. It's already been reported to the author. Here is the error:

Code:
Declaration of EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() should be compatible with that of XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave()
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
XenForo_Autoloader::autoload() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 897
XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 421
XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 2007
XenForo_DataWriter::create() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 572
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 335
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/store/index.php at line 13

despite the open snark and elitism polluting the thread, i think it is a great thread. its a one-stop cheat sheet to add on compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom