XenZine Articles [Deleted]

Stunning To Do list - and wonderfully efficient that you keep one, and cross off so we can share it, anyway.

I am especially keen to have
26) Article in multiple categories
35)Permissions per category (similar to forum nodes)
on permissions what I really but so urgently need is View per usergroup so selected Categories or subcategories can have privacy - esp so SEO no search engine exposure.
With 26) multiple categories later it would be possible for members to have their own articles in their own named category, but private to a usergroup "Editors" or a special usergroup by topic interest they belong to, for support discussion to improve it.

But then they add the article to another Category or subcat when they feel it's ready for general viewing.

I would also suggest a small design tweak to
41) Display Title + Summary info on hover on pics.
This is fairly intuitive and expected when hovering on pics anywhere in ordinary html you often get a description.

Editor Picks small boxes show Title and Summary on hover in popup box; ditto Recent etc
Categories/ subcats larger boxes show Title + Summary Description on hover on the pic - will need Summary Description in ACP;
Small Recent pics under the Category pic show Title + Summary on hover (here having just pics without any info at all is really unhelpful, I actually find having those pics annoying since they give no info on what they are but could be great with hover info)
Article large box show Title + Summary description on hover on the pic.

I have included Title even where the source pic has Title just above it. I think showing title with Summary would look much better in the hover popup.

and
42) Possibility to disable ratings

Last edited:
I added this edit above but will just pop it in again to make sure it gets seen - will delete this post in a day or so to cut clutter

I am especially keen to have
26) Article in multiple categories
35)Permissions per category (similar to forum nodes)
on permissions what I really but so urgently need is View per usergroup so selected Categories or subcategories can have privacy - esp so SEO no search engine exposure.
With 26) multiple categories later it would be possible for members to have their own articles in their own named category, but private to a usergroup "Editors" or a special usergroup by topic interest they belong to, for support discussion to improve it.

But then they add the article to another Category or subcat when they feel it's ready for general viewing.

I guess this is similar to "Private Collections".

So you literally put your article into one of your "Private Categories" (Private Collection / Private Board) and you show your article only to certain members.... or you only show it publicly when you feel it's ready for general viewing.
"Private Collections" (you can also name it "Private Categories") can be created by each user.

:)

Last edited:
I didnt mean for anything to be hidden @erich37.
I meant the hover info to be additional to what we already see.
I appreciate the mobile aspect would need attention sorry most of my work is with old fashioned folk who dont use mobiles so much for browsing but my 3rd site is young people so I will need to educate myself when I put Xenzine on there (which I can't until I have privacy/ usergroup View permissions).

wouldn't this be "double dipping" ?
Not sure what you mean by that - if you look at my list most of it asks for the Summary to be displayed on hover. The Summary is not available currently except by clicking it open.
Where Title is mentioned and it's already there it's to make the hover popup look complete.

Not sure what you mean by that - if you look at my list most of it asks for the Summary to be displayed on hover. The Summary is not available currently except by clicking it open.
Where Title is mentioned and it's already there it's to make the hover popup look complete.

well, "hover over title" in order to show "Summary Text" will not show on mobile.
Same as the "hover popup" you have in XF-default when you hover over the Thread-title (hover-popup which shows first post in a Forum-thread) does not show on mobile.

"Clicking to open" will work fine on mobile.
It will look nicer once you change the text "Article Summary" into an "open / close"-image-icon (e.g.: Plus / Minus).

Last edited:
@erich37 I'm asking for the Title + Summary on hover on PICTURE - which at the moment gives nothing.
This is especially frustrating on the mini pics under Category pic, showing latest articles. But I think all pics should hover info.

An other suggestion:
  • Search only for articles (in the moment I think it's just possible to search for articles, threads und posts)

Is there a way of editing another users articles as admin?
Yes - check the permissions you have given the admin group under the Xenzine section. It should show one to edit any article. If not you may need to upgrade Xenzine.

NO, see first page, first post, of this thread, To Do List, item 34

Cool

I have hundreds of articles moved over to this module once 34 is done (as different users helped move over the articles) and also the ability to put bbcodes/parsehtml into the editors for articles (for a luddite like me) I can start going through them add google maps/slideshows and eventually put them live.

So stuck for the moment :-)

How I can do that aricles showing on main page xenforo sidebar like this
1377005929-clip-44kb.png

How I can use in articles body more than 5000 words?

I use the thread limit, but it actually does not make sense to use that here.

I'll use an independent limit for articles (next version), so you can update this in the ACP

- However, right now, you can do 1 of 2 things

1) Increase the thread limit size
or
2) Use multiplage articles

Last edited:
NO, see first page, first post, of this thread, To Do List, item 34
How about using Login As User? If you're logged in as the author then you can edit.

@tenants I want to use this on an old board which I don't dare update to 1.2 or even the top level of 1.5
I have VERY imortant addon cannot get support for it if upgrade interferes.
I can't see where to identify which XF it is but havent upgraded since at least last Jan
Will Xenzine work with old board like this?

How about using Login As User? If you're logged in as the author then you can edit.

I think the most users wouldn't like it when you use there accounts everytime when you want to edit a news. Especially because they will appear online and you could read der private messages.

I think the most users wouldn't like it when you use there accounts everytime when you want to edit a news. Especially because they will appear online and you could read der private messages.
Yes just a temporary fix until we get Admin Edit.
Sadly I have no workaround for setting permission to view. Trying to be patient - hard.

Back
Top Bottom