1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenForo running with 278 000 posts

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Walter, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

There is already a forum running the xenForo alpha version - the forum has 278000 posts, but probably only a test site - Kier is an admin.

See yourself:
  2. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Looking good, although shame about the lack of online members, maybe time of day?
  3. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

interesting, so this means that the alpha is really stable ...
  4. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

They've been running it quietly on that site for a month. I would say it's pretty stable. There is so much to work on, though. Sensibly, they are focussing on getting the core functionality correct. Not just correct but innovative.
  5. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Mike's CPA site has been running vBulletin since vB1. We upgraded it to XenForo a little over a month ago and it's been running very nicely ever since.
    Rob Fritz, Marcus and pipedreams like this.
  6. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

And we now see that the xenForo Alpha version is stable - not only here but also on a site with 200000+ posts
  7. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Watching an early version of a product get installed somewhere and not have any serious problems with it is wonderful to see. It's a good feeling to have again. :cool:
  8. What are the hardware specs on that box with that amount of posts? Hows the load?
  9. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

It's a very positive feeling, we know that if they're confident enough to make it go live on a site such as, then we've definitely got something going on here.
    pipedreams likes this.
  10. Floris

Floris Guest

Michael; that 300k post forum will run easily on a cheap VPS.
  11. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

That board is running on the same server as this one. As is http://forums.spacebattles.com, one of my own communities, which is rather large.

This server is a quad core Xeon with 4GB RAM a single SCSI disk. Nothing massive by any means.
    Green Cat and Anthony Parsons like this.
  12. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Man, that site was a heavily hacked up UBB freeware version before vB. :)

Same box as this site, and it's also running another very busy (non-XF) site. Load is generally below 1, usually around 90% idle.
    Ceri May likes this.
  13. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

I can only say "heh heh heh". This perfect little project just gets better and better.
  14. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Very impressive! :)
  15. Green Cat

Green Cat Active Member

16. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

At the rate we're going here I think we'll catch up to that in no time. :p
  17. cornishman

cornishman Active Member

Yes, very
  18. Eric J.

Eric J. Well-Known Member

We're about to hit 5,000 after a couple days, so it won't take long to hit that. Nice to know it can run safely on higher numbers though.
  19. soloarquitectura

soloarquitectura Active Member

20. Floris

Floris Guest

Congrats, we recently hit 250,000 threads on wetalk. I can't wait to test XenForo running live on it.
    Lucas likes this.