Xenforo release and price?

Kier and Mike have said that it would be priced competitively. Don't forget what I posted earlier today - vB was priced at $160 when it was first released.

I did not read your other post nor did I know what vb cost when it was first released. But the times have changed. I think when vb was released the competition wasn''t so strong as it is the case now.

Anyway, I gave my honest opinion on the matter. That is how I see it :)

I did not read your other post nor did I know what vb cost when it was first released. But the times have changed. I think when vb was released the competition wasn''t so strong as it is the case now.

Anyway, I gave my honest opinion on the matter. That is how I see it :)

Saying that I am interested in buying it is not ranting. It is peggy who said to not call names or she will close the thread. I am actually saying to just remove the posts from ppl who do, so the rest can post.

You obviously don't get it. I do NOT have the money to just buy whatever I want. If I wanted to waste money I would have invested in IB stock or vBulletin 4 license schemes. And I said I will certainly purchase a license, obviously assuming that Mike and Kier are not lying about keeping prices competitive to what's on the market now.

Sorry for being on your side and telling the mods to not ruin a thread by closing it, ... next time I will support her and report the post and request these threads to be closed because apparently people are calling eachother names.

Don't close threads because of one or two users making bad posts. Take their posts out, leave them a warning private msg, and let those who post normally here not get punished by a few others ..

I can''t believe this. We should get an warning and get our posts deleted only because we express our honest opinion in a mature cultured way? Everyone is entitled to express their honest opinions as well, even if they aren''t the same as yours or mine.

Is it really like that in Wales?
No <laughing> not at all.
In fact we barely have Winter here properly - not unless you go up in the high mountains.
Everywhere else it's very mild - I never even wear a heavy coat or thick socks any more.
Sometimes we get a light powdering of snow in January or February but even that is rare.

The rain though is a power to be reckoned with. Not more often than England but thicker, stronger. But as it's rarely really coild it's not unpleasant.

Our ancestors the ancient Celts only really had two seasons though Summer and Winter.
Hence Calan Gaeaf at Halloween/ Samhain = First Day of Winter. So Last Day of Summer is Oct 30.
To complete the set we have Calan Haf - First Day of Summer, May Day.
Both celebrated with bonfires.

Recent posts removed. There's no reason to get into it. This thread is on the borderline. Just because something wouldn't pay $x, does not make them wrong. Just because someone would pay $2x, does not make them wrong either. Don't attack people or devolve into name calling or veiled attacks.

Did you watch The Proms? I didn't notice CBeebies changed music - then again, I watch something on there on average of once a month.

I very rarely watch TV these days. (I did catch some of the concerts on Radio 3 though. ) However with one pre-schooler and one just started school, CBeebies is often the aural wallpaper to my day.
I'm looking forward to the 'Spring' Song coming back already... :D

Ruven was just mentioning that saying you'll pay any price is silly.

This product isn't released yet, you don't really know enough about it (although you fully trust the developers)... and saying that if you won't pay any price your site isn't proffesional is just ranting other excellent soloutions out there.

Its also quite annoying for customers to be demanding to pay more for a product.
The amount of ballwashing is reaching epic levels.

Do you guys do this for other products too?
Car salesmen must love you.
Its almost like a reverse auction in here.
At the rate we are going the price of XF is going to get inflated to around $500 a pop.

(waits for someone to say "$500+") :D
I'm a developer and as a developer recognise damn hard work. No offence to Kier or Mike, but I couldnt give a monkeys who makes it, as long as its a decent product. Obviously I respect that they have a great knowledge of the area they work in.

All I said is that anything under $200, I would personally consider unreasonable for the level of product being sold (based on whats been seen so far). Would I like to see it under $200? Sure I would. The difference is that I'm being realistic.

Edit: I should also note, that I DO understand competative pricing...I've run/launched 5 successful startup companies which are still in operation, excelling in their fields.

Saying that I am interested in buying it is not ranting. It is peggy who said to not call names or she will close the thread. I am actually saying to just remove the posts from ppl who do, so the rest can post.

You obviously don't get it. I do NOT have the money to just buy whatever I want. If I wanted to waste money I would have invested in IB stock or vBulletin 4 license schemes. And I said I will certainly purchase a license, obviously assuming that Mike and Kier are not lying about keeping prices competitive to what's on the market now.

Sorry for being on your side and telling the mods to not ruin a thread by closing it, ... next time I will support her and report the post and request these threads to be closed because apparently people are calling eachother names.
What is odd with this picture is that none of us were calling you names.
Maybe Peggy was talking about you guys?
Seems to be the only people being rude around here.
Most everyone else is having a civil conversation.
Maybe you are having a bad day?

Spock is fake, facts are real. Learn to live with it Ruven.

That the character of Spock is fake, that much is a certainty.
Just like your attempts at logic, they are nothing but a fallacy.
:D

Eh... i shouldnt try to rhyme.

Top Bottom