Xenforo release and price?

I had to go to xe.com to translate you Yanks' funny money.

Now in PROPER money $170 - $200
= £110 - £129

- hey that's dead reasonable. For THIS? Absolutely.

Will they take Paypal?
Hey now!
Your money is just as funny as ours.
So what happened to the Pound again?
Used to be backed by an actual pound of Silver or some other precious metal, right?
We had gold backing our currency.
Both our money sucks... when its not backed by anything tangible it becomes nothing but Monopoly money.

I'm a developer and as a developer recognise damn hard work. No offence to Kier or Mike, but I couldnt give a monkeys who makes it, as long as its a decent product. Obviously I respect that they have a great knowledge of the area they work in.

All I said is that anything under $200, I would personally consider unreasonable for the level of product being sold (based on whats been seen so far). Would I like to see it under $200? Sure I would. The difference is that I'm being realistic.

Edit: I should also note, that I DO understand competative pricing...I've run/launched 5 successful startup companies which are still in operation, excelling in their fields.
Your post is nowhere near as fun anymore now that you have ninja edited all the good insults out :(
It was better when you were calling us all idiots... at least you were "keepin it real" :D

And umm, thanks for alerting us to the size of your e-peen, errr.... i mean web business accomplishments?

Your post is nowhere near as fun anymore now that you have ninja edited all the good insults out :(
It was better when you were calling us all idiots... at least you were "keepin it real" :D

And umm, thanks for alerting us to the size of your e-peen, errr.... i mean web business accomplishments?
Sorry? Who did I call an idiot? Get a life buddy. My edit about competative pricing was to add that I do actually have half an idea about how pricing works...learn to read your own posts.

Also, with regards to the 'currency' post, I think you'll find it was the US dollar & economy crashing that caused the pound to drop ever so slightly. ;)

Sorry? Who did I call an idiot? Get a life buddy. My edit about competative pricing was to add that I do actually have half an idea about how pricing works...learn to read your own posts.
I actually decided not to respond to your initial post because of the insults.
I only responded because you went back and edited out the insults.
Anyhow... this thread has run its course, its now just words vs words.
Lets move on.

I actually decided not to respond to your initial post because of the insults.
I only responded because you went back and edited out the insults.
Anyhow... this thread has run its course, its now just words vs words.
Lets move on.
No I edited out the insults. This thread has been on a downward spiral off and on all day.
Can we please all just settle down, and keep it nice.

Thanks.

Will the license be permanent? Or will there be some having-to-renew gimmick?
Having to renew is not a gimmick.
It means the developers have to keep improving it or else we don't renew. For example I was unhappy with how another product was being handled so I just stayed with 3.7 for years on all my licences. To get renewal money they've got to behave themselves, give good generous and clear support and keep making the software better - keep listening to US.
That's a Good Thing.

Top Bottom