XenForo Referral Program

Lol... I wished it too... Someone wanted me to work on their VB forums and I recommended them XF. They not only purchased the software but also branding free. The guy asked me if I was an affiliate and he could use my link... He was actually wondering why I would be recommending a product if I was not having any benefit out of it... :)

Lol... I wished it too... Someone wanted me to work on their VB forums and I recommended them XF. They not only purchased the software but also branding free. The guy asked me if I was an affiliate and he could use my link... He was actually wondering why I would be recommending a product if I was not having any benefit out of it... :)
:D

I guess coming across people who help others out of goodwill has become just so rare that we find it hard to believe now.

An affiliate program is a project that may get some attention, in the future. For the moment, recommending XenForo gives that warm fuzzy feeling that you have helped out a fellow forum owner.

That's nice. I'll hold off making recommendations for the time being and look forward to any possible program in the future.

Thank you for your reply. :)

I don't see the point of a referral program in a structured way.
If I have somneone tell me try this it's good - then I visit the site and it's got a referral program I instantly disbelieve the recommendation. It's being done for self interest.

Here the pre-sales advice we give is purely because we like XF and we genuinely think people would be better off using it. You can see that in the way it's done so it's far more useful and trustworthy.

:D
I guess coming across people who help others out of goodwill has become just so rare that we find it hard to believe now.

Sadly the market capitalism of the last 30 years has destroyed a great deal of human community instincts.
Happily market capitalism has proved itself to be a bad unworkable system - as if history of the 30s didn't show us that already! People are going to HAVE to re- learn community now not from fuzzy libreal ideals but for hard survival. Working together, looking after each other just WORKS BETTER. Which is why we're hardwired to do it.

That's nice. I'll hold off making recommendations for the time being and look forward to any possible program in the future.

Clearly you haven't caught up with the new reality mate.

Sadly the market capitalism of the last 30 years has destroyed a great deal of human community instincts.
Happily market capitalism has proved itself to be a bad unworkable system - as if history of the 30s didn't show us that already! People are going to HAVE to re- learn community now not from fuzzy libreal ideals but for hard survival. Working together, looking after each other just WORKS BETTER. Which is why we're hardwired to do it.
All I meant was that the "He's being very helpful, he must be getting something for himself out of this!" mentality is becoming the norm for the majority of people, atleast in the online world, for whatever reason(s). And that's just sad...to say the least.

All I meant was that the "He's being very helpful, he must be getting something for himself out of this!" mentality is becoming the norm for the majority of people, atleast in the online world, for whatever reason(s). And that's just sad...to say the least.

Its even sadder to see "im not getitng anything out of this, i won't be helpful..."

I would use an affiliate program too.
I don't push vb or ipb these days but I still see a sale a month
I know I would see a lot more from xenforo if I was able to send out affiliate links. ;)

Never thought about this one ! But i have been sending everyone off this way for their forums ..got few buddies who jumped into ship and grabbed their license one of them is already doing great for his new community with all these new functions xenforo has . He is pretty excited about it .

I don't see the point of a referral program in a structured way.
If I have somneone tell me try this it's good - then I visit the site and it's got a referral program I instantly disbelieve the recommendation. It's being done for self interest.
Same here, if I see someone refer me to something (which also financially benefits them, I don't mind being referred to other communities or sites and stuff) usually the first thought is "it's being done with some kind of self interest"

Let's pull this conversation back. This community is a very helpful and supportive and it would be surprising that someone from this helpful community would not recommend XenForo. An affiliate program is a separate conversation, one that currently has little substance as we do not have a program.

I also used the word 'may' get some attention, regarding the affiliate program. There seems little point in holding off recommendations.

That said, what does anyone say when someone asks which forum software should they use? Xyz forum software is good and I use it, but you should use abc forum software, it is not very good? I don't think so.

We use XenForo because we think it is modern, user friendly, good value, uh as a very helpful community, etc.

I've recommended XenForo to at least 15 startups and I'm quite sure they'd have either purchased the licenses or evaluating the software. I don't think XF needs Affiliate program. Let XF Ltd. keep the money and invest it in making XF the best community software out there.

Top Bottom