XenForo Referral Program

I don't mean to sound selfish and if that's how I come off, I really don't know how to correct that for you.

Will I continue to help? Of course I will. We're all in this together.
Will I continue to answer sales questions? Sure, they were looking into the product anyways.

But if I'm going to reach out, saturating the market further, lessening the distinctiveness & individuality of other XenForo communities, including possibly my own; and further help the competition in an already saturated market, obtain & made aware of the competitive edge I and other XenForo currently have.... There needs to be a small incentive for me to do so.

I also used the word 'may' get some attention, regarding the affiliate program.
We use XenForo because we think it is modern, user friendly, good value, uh as a very helpful community, etc.
In lieu of cash could we get a gold star next to our avatar? :-)

I don't mean to sound selfish and if that's how I come off, I really don't know how to correct that for you.

Will I continue to help? Of course I will. We're all in this together.
Will I continue to answer sales questions? Sure, they were looking into the product anyways.

But if I'm going to reach out, saturating the market further, lessening the distinctiveness & individuality of other XenForo communities, including possibly my own; and further help the competition in an already saturated market, obtain & made aware of the competitive edge I and other XenForo currently have.... There needs to be a small incentive for me to do so.
Sorry but you suck. You are in it for the money and nothing else. (that is what your posts in this thread allude to). I recommend XF to anyone who wants to start a forum, without charge or thinking of myself, why, because the developers are realising things have changed and have moved into the next century. Damn. I am so angry at reading this, all I can say is shame on you.

Keep it civil please.

People are free to recommend the software or not, with or without financial reward for doing so.

Sorry but you suck. You are in it for the money and nothing else. (that is what your posts in this thread allude to). I recommend XF to anyone who wants to start a forum, without charge or thinking of myself, why, because the developers are realising things have changed and have moved into the next century. Damn. I am so angry at reading this, all I can say is shame on you.

If everyone agreed with you and your way of thinking, XenForo would be free and so would all the paid modification that seem to be adding up in the resource manage.

I'm not in it for only the money... My site has never had any ads or required paid subscriptions. I do and will continue to help people (as I've been doing).... But I'm not going to undermine myself without good cause either.

Let's pull this conversation back. This community is a very helpful and supportive and it would be surprising that someone from this helpful community would not recommend XenForo. An affiliate program is a separate conversation, one that currently has little substance as we do not have a program.

In that caswe could we clarify what is the difference between recommending XF and an affiliate program, apart from financial incentive?

Tell me now. You would recommend XF. without any referall program. ??

Of course. That is what the credit at the bottom of every forum page does. I don't approve of removing it as XF deserves that credit.
But yes of course I'd recommend XF.

Ive already done so and it resulted in one of the best developers on XF arriving here a few months ago. He's now not only supplying a whole list of free addons, plus paid custom work, but setting up sites for his webdesign clients, recommending XF to them

I don't get the fear of competition. If what you do is good you'll have a living satisfying community.
If you don't work at it, and just try to use it as a cash cow, you won''t.
Competition is also pretty transparent in this forum world. If someone is doing better than you, go and look to see why. It's not difficult. We learn from each other. It's a powerfully open type of business.

If everyone agreed with you and your way of thinking, XenForo would be free and so would all the paid modification that seem to be adding up in the resource manage.

I'm not in it for only the money... My site has never had any ads or required paid subscriptions. I do and will help people. But I'm not going to undermine myself without good cause either.

My simple opinion,
do whatever...people gotta do what they gotta do I don't even run a forum and I am here trying to help....to each their own. I have nothing against whatever is decided in this matter.

For those that don't mind long winded,
Well my complete view on this is quite complex...but here is the thing...it is because there is no affiliate program and therefor no reward for promoting the software, if someone would recommend it to me would make me consider it quite more seriously. When people are getting paid for sales referrals it has the potential to remove the value of each person recommending it and therefor possibly it's absolute value in my considerations on purchasing along with other factors. I have seen people do crazy things for money and I like the idea that people who recommend this software stand behind it for no other reason that they use and love it and I don't want to see people signing up here just to push this software as affiliates solely for the sake of money...I don't like the idea of muddy waters here.

For me...xf has earned my respect, my web skills level has at least quadrupled since I started visiting here, I have a forum software that is easy to use with no issues that also allows me to modify it in ways that often leave me saying...'wtf I can't believe that just worked'. I recommend it all the time, recently I recommended to a game modding team and they are considering it, my main reason for telling them it is a good idea to use xf ...'I can actually stay on the site long enough to contribute and in fact enjoy myself doing it, whereas on many sites running other software I tend to show up, read the post google linked me to, and then be out'. A site running xenforo already benefits me because I feel invited to stay and having many people like that on your forum is a benefit to you...it's all about content right?

Am I against people being compensated for helping, no. I donate to people who help me no strings attached and don't think twice about it. I also see your side of things... the more people that hear about xenforo, the more people in the percentage of those who are webmasters that will be exposed to it . People who know what they are talking about getting out there and putting people on to this software is a great way for sales volume to increase..and overall that is a good thing for the company, the software and transitively every member.

I don't need the program but I have nothing against it as long as it doesn't throw off the balance of things around here.

In that caswe could we clarify what is the difference between recommending XF and an affiliate program, apart from financial incentive?
I did not mean to imply that there was a difference, only that the conversations between recommending XenForo and a conversation between an affiliate program are different conversations, as there is no affiliate program in place...

I can't believe people are arguing over allowing an affiliate program or not. :LOL:

I don't "push" a forum software because I want money from it, I push it because
  • it's easier to work on (most my referrals would be past clients)
  • I trust the software will fit into the users needs.
I'm not going to leave if we don't have an affiliate program, but I know I'd push a lot more of my vB clients over to Xenforo if I was able to send them a referral link.

For the record.. I've sent a few of my clients over here and all asked me if I had an affiliate link because they wanted to help ME out, and they trust my judgement.

As for those saying xenforo would take a hit.. that's very far from the truth.. Even if users got 20$ per referral, that's 120$ more xenforo would of gotten if "I" had never suggested their script to others.

I can't believe people are arguing over allowing an affiliate program or not. :LOL:

I'm not going to leave if we don't have an affiliate program, but I know I'd push a lot more of my vB clients over to Xenforo if I was able to send them a referral link.

For the record.. I've sent a few of my clients over here and all asked me if I had an affiliate link because they wanted to help ME out, and they trust my judgement.

As for those saying xenforo would take a hit.. that's very far from the truth.. Even if users got 20$ per referral, that's 120$ more xenforo would of gotten if "I" had never suggested their script to others.

I think the disgust that most people were expressing was due to the earlier comment that someone was going to stop refering them as he gets no benefit from doing so.

This. :cool:

Top Bottom