XenForo RAM Requirements

XenForo requires their attachments/downloads to be uncompressed/decoded by php (not publicly facing, using <hash>.data); We are considering a different solution that would effectively modify XFRM to make large volumes of downloads less crippling. (proper offloading of s3 to nginx with cache, implementing a queue system, etc).
This add-on injects nginx's X-Accel-Redirect for attachments, I can't remember if it needed explicit XFRM support for the attachments but it wouldn't be hard to add.

Our end goal is to turn our installation into a kubernetes solution that we can offer.
Running a kubernetes solution makes managing baremetal servers and some redundant services appear easy.

This add-on injects nginx's X-Accel-Redirect for attachments, I can't remember if it needed explicit XFRM support for the attachments but it wouldn't be hard to add.
I cannot remember off hand what the issue we experienced with attempting to get X-Accel working previously was, Ill have to spin up a staging area and test it again.
Running a kubernetes solution makes managing baremetal servers and some redundant services appear easy.
Baremetal has been our butter for years, kubernetes has been a royal pai--- pleasure to work with. :sneaky:

Top Bottom