XenForo on 1.2

Anyway to test admin functionality of xenforo 1.2? I need to test few admin functionality from mobile.. Want to ensure that responsive design is working fine on mobile for admin functionality.. Is there any demo site where I can test Xenforo 1.2 responsive design using dummy admin account

Anyway to test admin functionality of xenforo 1.2? I need to test few admin functionality from mobile.. Want to ensure that responsive design is working fine on mobile for admin functionality.. Is there any demo site where I can test Xenforo 1.2 responsive design using dummy admin account

Guessing you'll have to wait for the public beta like the rest of us are.

Yes.. when we get the ability to download the beta ourselves :D

Guessing you'll have to wait for the public beta like the rest of us are.

Wanted to ensure that development team fix the defects if any in admin functionality before releasing 1.2 :(.. M just worried about responsive design ... Not looking appealing to me :(... Mobile theme would have been much better instead of responsive design :(...

That is why they will more than likely be releasing a public beta, before the GOLD release of 1.2 to we can test it and report any bugs on the back end @Kier and @Mike may have missed.

I've covered this elsewhere, but the admin isn't responsive (though it's no longer 100% fixed width).

I've covered this elsewhere, but the admin isn't responsive (though it's no longer 100% fixed width).

I'm not talking about admin panel.. I don't even want admin panel to be responsive.... I'm talking about Mod tools such as Move Thread/Delete Thread/Checking Reports/Resolving Reports etc...

Just want to see how these functionalities working on new responsive design nd nothing is breaking.... Seriously I personally prefer mobile theme instead of responsive design ,,,

Updates look nice. (y)

Any rough predictions of when we might be able to download the beta? I'm getting ready to move from vb to xf so I'm trying to work out my timing. If we're a couple weeks away I might hold off but if we're talking months then I'd probably go ahead with the move.

How's the alpha stage going?

You shouldn't be placing v1.2 on your sites during beta. Its not suggested. Once beta 1 is released, have your developers look into it. Responsive is easier for developers to manage, since they don't have to maintain two styles. If you prefer a mobile style, you can disable the responsive elements (its a style property setting) and create a dedicated mobile style.

Huh? No software suggests running betas in production. And if someone is worried about things breaking, it's even less of a good idea to run in production.

You KNOW it's gonna happen. Some bright individual who knows far more about this stuff than anyone else, will put 1.2 beta on their server, and something will happen, causing data loss. Of course, they're so smart, they don't do backups either. And they'll be crying here in the forums about how terrible the software is because beta software should work perfectly, otherwise why was it released to the customer?!

@Biker, we all know most people will update to v1.2 without a second glance. Adam Howard even has a thread about it. Doesn't mean I won't stop advocating that they be responsible and shouldn't do it (if they worry about things like moderation) and provide logical reasons. (y)

@Biker, we all know most people will update to v1.2 without a second glance. Adam Howard even has a thread about it. Doesn't mean I won't stop advocating that they be responsible and shouldn't do it (if they worry about things like moderation) and provide logical reasons. (y)

Is the installation package ready yet? :p

The ACP being fixed width caused more problems than it really solved, mostly with content not fitting in the 720px that was provided.

The ACP being fixed width caused more problems than it really solved, mostly with content not fitting in the 720px that was provided.

Well, as long as it isn't fluid (I will be unable to use it, partly because fluid styles don't look right).

I'm assuming it'll be changeable...

Top Bottom