XenForo on 1.2

I don't like the way the height is limited and requires a click to expand. I like to make it easy to read posts and having to click to expand quotes is a PITA.
Really? I'm kind of in love with it. ESPECIALLY now that we don't have a viable spoiler option. Makes posting really long articles a breeze.

Really? I'm kind of in love with it. ESPECIALLY now that we don't have a viable spoiler option. Makes posting really long articles a breeze.
I was just gonna say, it'd be cool to have a spoiler tag act as a quote tag. But instead of showing the quote box it would look like a normal post but would still require the user to click to see all of it.

I don't like the way the height is limited and requires a click to expand. I like to make it easy to read posts and having to click to expand quotes is a PITA.

It's a PITA, but for an oldtimer like me, if a quote is that long, it is too long. Except in rare circumstances, quoting only the relevant one or two sentences is proper "netiquette". Quoting just enough to make my reply appear in context with the original post is all I need. Yet as you are well aware, general laziness prevails on forums, and on a busy site like ours with members who seem totally clueless at times, they'll quote a four or five paragraph post (which can be quite common in our topics) to reply with one line, or three words...or a thumbs up smiley (because they have a bug up their hindquarters and don't like the "Like" feature either :rolleyes: -- told you we have some dysfunctional members ;) ).

As a reader, I also don't like reading through long quotes as, more often than not, they are an entire post I've already read. Their single-line reply is buried at the bottom and I'll often miss it (or intentionally skip over it). If I had my way, I'd make the quote box even smaller, but for our dysfunctionals, I might consider nudging it slightly larger to reduce the noise level (aka "complaining") in our forum. With the click-to-expand feature, I can read it if I need to, but I usually don't.

I actually want to modify the shading, which I am doing in CSS. The shading sort of obscures the quote. I'm thinking to change it to fade out more abruptly at the bottom.

Just my two cents (and you know how much that'll buy you, these days ;) )...

Couldn't agree more.

I have had height limited quotes on my forum for a long time so I was pleased to see something implemented in 1.2.

At times, using this site was painful due to the massive amount of full post quoting so many people do every single time they post.

Top Bottom