XenForo Cloud discussion

Are there any plans in the distant future to host "big board" installations (25+ million posts, 2,000+ online visitors, etc.)? I'm thinking not, only because there are some server requirements that we need to tweak in order to accommodate the traffic. Yet I could see the advantage in having a cloud host who would know what to tweak, and offer an upgrade path (more CPU, more memory) on demand as traffic grows. I use a managed host for one of the big boards and have had almost no issues over 15+ years, yet I always allow for a Plan B if we ever need to change hosts.

Are there any plans in the distant future to host "big board" installations (25+ million posts, 2,000+ online visitors, etc.)? I'm thinking not, only because there are some server requirements that we need to tweak in order to accommodate the traffic. Yet I could see the advantage in having a cloud host who would know what to tweak, and offer an upgrade path (more CPU, more memory) on demand as traffic grows. I use a managed host for one of the big boards and have had almost no issues over 15+ years, yet I always allow for a Plan B if we ever need to change hosts.
Of course. Everyone is welcome. For larger sites we may need to dive into requirements in a bit more detail and handle it in a bit more of a bespoke way but I see no reason why we can’t do that, at least in the future.

Of course. Everyone is welcome. For larger sites we may need to dive into requirements in a bit more detail and handle it in a bit more of a bespoke way but I see no reason why we can’t do that, at least in the future.
The per-page view pricing at a high-end would need a fairly dramatically overhaul; as it is a fairly huge jump from 200k page views per month to millions of page views a day yet the actual hosting cost shouldn't be a simple linear scaling increase.

The per-page view pricing at a high-end would need a fairly dramatically overhaul; as it is a fairly huge jump from 200k page views per month to millions of page views a day yet the actual hosting cost shouldn't be a simple linear scaling increase.
Yeah that's partly what I meant by bespoke.

Goddam, eight pages of discussion. 99% showing big interest in this new service from XenForo, willing to move everything.

I can preview that this gonna be a huge success, considering the necessary planning and low pace for implementation, case studying and all that's matter to implement a new service.

Congratulations XF Team, you guys nailed again.

CAN WE MOVE NOW? :D

We are paying a hefty fee for monthly hosting as it is, and I even have us grandfathered into an older plan. So I would not expect a cheap XF Cloud solution by any means. If the cost were the same or slightly more than what we're paying now, we'd be happy to pay it.

We are paying a hefty fee for monthly hosting as it is, and I even have us grandfathered into an older plan. So I would not expect a cheap XF Cloud solution by any means. If the cost were the same or slightly more than what we're paying now, we'd be happy to pay it.
In an earlier post @Chris D said that it would be around $60/mo but while participating in the beta of it the price would be $30/mo.

Check your email!

We sent out our first batch of XenForo Cloud invites today to both new and existing customers who registered their interest. Sadly, we can't invite everyone at this stage, but there will be more sent out as time goes on.

Were you lucky enough to get into the first batch?

If not, there's still time to register your interest if you haven't yet. Maybe next time!

Last edited:
Check your email!

We sent out our first batch of XenForo Cloud invites today to both new and existing customers who registered their interest. Sadly, we can't invite everyone at this stage, but there will be more sent out as time goes on.

Were you lucky enough to get into the first batch?

If not, there's still time to register your interest if you haven't yet. Maybe next time!
I wasn't lucky enough this time but that's alright. I don't want to spread myself too thin considering I'm working on converting a current IPS customer to XenForo.

No one is switching; people would be starting a new community at this point as we don’t have any migration paths available.

I’m also not entirely sure what you’d be expecting to see exactly. I would hope they’d look like any other XF forum, subject to any styles and add-ons they decide to install.

People are able to share their sites if they wish to but that’s up to them.

Top Bottom