XenForo Beta6, very disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sir, need to learn what a BETA release is, let me google that for you and get a definition.

So, what can we learn by this, it's in it's testing stage, thus meaning that they aren't really interested in putting new stuff in (although, in this case, they've introduced some pretty big features), and the rest of their time would go into fixing minor or major issues.

C'mon, just take a look at the Resolved Bugs forum, How about you be patient for a stable release, then they can go ahead with rolling out new features, like your suggested ones.

Allan has been around for a long long time, im sure he knows what beta is.... We don't need smart asses like you here to tell us what it is.

That's an image not the like feature.
mad.png
mad.png
mad.png
very bad!

This release covered two biggies for me--RSS news feeds (which could have been an add-on), and the improved smilies dropdown. I think this is all I will need to upgrade our forum to xF, finally! I know it's beta, but I've known these users for years and many of them like being in on bleeding-edge opportunities like this. I figure it can also help the xF team if I find some issues in everyday use by members. (As a former developer myself, end user feedback is the best you can get.)

As for the arguments about lack of new features--I would rather see fewer new features and more development on getting the existing core features fine tuned. Having so many feature add requests can be frustrating. It's like being at work with a pile of jobs to get through, only to have others in the office pulling me in different directions and piling on more work without letting me finish my original tasks. Kier, Mike and crew are doing as good as they can, and there just isn't enough time in the day to tackle everyone's requests. I am confident that the requested features will get implemented at some point in the near future, though, so whether it's built in or an add-on, we'll make the system what we need it to be.

I very disappointed when i read all modification in this thread.

Sure, there are interesting additions, but almost none of the important suggestions made by members.

What's going on ?

Matey. Have you noticed how many bugs were fixed? And have you noticed how hard Kier's been working at the Lightbox?
Have you also noticed that it's been Christmas and Newyear?

They did hell of a great job :)

I am VERY impressed with what K/M were able to code/add to this release, given the facts that they have 2 lawsuits to deal with, plus 2 holidays since the last release.

If ANYONE thinks they can do it any better, or faster, by all means, give it a go. Otherwise, shut up, and be happy with the speed in which this is being developed.
I sure am. :)

Interesting perhaps but most definitely not the standard (or recommended) way to develop software.
There is no standards committee that have defined what 'beta' means, it is whatever you want it to mean. It is however common that beta is also feature frozen, but that is deffenantly not the rule.

Which of the beta 6 features were not requested by members? Please enlighten me.
Much: http://xenforo.com/community/forums/suggestions-tweaks-small-features.18/?order=reply_count
Matey. Have you noticed how many bugs were fixed? And have you noticed how hard Kier's been working at the Lightbox?
Have you also noticed that it's been Christmas and Newyear?

They did hell of a great job :)
I'm not talking about bugs, but additions of features.

To clarify the situation, I very aware of the work and bug fixes. I'm just saying I would love to have more features added.

He asked you which of the added new features was not requested. They all were requested. They can't add all of them, Allan, in one release. 3 or 4 features were added this time, maybe a few will be added next time. It all comes with time and patience.

To clarify the situation, I very aware of the work and bug fixes. I'm just saying I would love to have more features added.
We all would. And they will come, in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom