XenForo Beta6, very disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want XF to become bloatware as other software has over the years.

I love addons as much as anyone, but the ones I use on vB4 are carefully thought out and planned and reviewed regularly according to need. I certainly wouldn't want most of them to be in the stock package and that's true for XF too.

I don't want XF to become bloatware as other software has over the years.

I love addons as much as anyone, but the ones I use on vB4 are carefully thought out and planned and reviewed regularly according to need. I certainly wouldn't want most of them to be in the stock package and that's true for XF too.
And that i would bet is why most of us are here.. Some other software is so heavy these days even stock/default behavior is heavy, clunky and and taxing.. As you said i love my plugins to, but i want to be able to choose them for myself. So i can always keep my sites faster then my competitions.

Loved the beta6 ;)

not happy with lightbox, but i am sure it will be perfect when it is finished.

While I like the lightbox in general there are a couple of things I am not happy with. I was not expecting it to put every thumbnail in a thread into the lightbox when I click a thumbnail in a reply. I kind of figured it would only be putting the images from that reply/post into the lightbox. Some of my threads on my little forum have over 30 thumbnails when you include replies.

I also noticed that the lightbox "crawler" on the bottom only displays as many as can fit from the first image of the thread to a fixed amount (based on screen width and image thumbnail sizes) and if you are viewing an image past that point the "crawler" does not move over to that image for quick navigation.

Whats so funny Jason? His joke? Or, are you very happy with the lightbox and found what i said funny?

i dont want highslide or any other heavy stuff, i want light but innovative LB which i cant see with the current version.

Anyway, let me explain you how i would be pleased:
1. Option to select images from the page or post.
2. Ajax loading indicator when i clicked to next image.

Just because the suggestions we submitted for introduction isn't included, doesn't mean they won't be included in future xenforo's.

Or xenForoes. lol. :D

I love this discussion. This is exactly why I have bought XenForo; I've hit the update button, things get better and don't change into flying elephants like certain other forum softwares. I am so happy I am home.
:)
Totally agreed!

I agree that the lightbox functionality is incomplete ATM. When you have image heavy threads it's kinda borked, but I have total faith that Kier will get it sorted.
Otherwise B6 is looking good, and I certainly support the focus on finishing the core. LOVE the new edit popup! :)

I will look at adding some more, but I'm actually really unhappy with that system. It's quite a pain to put together.

AS i said already, it was the false decision!
Instead of the template hooks, you guys should code something like the vB tms add-on!

One more benefit from this system would be, that we wouldn't need to revert the templates after a xf update anymore!

Wasn't one of the biggest things against vB that they tried to please so many people that it turned into bloatware? And one of the praises for XF is that it's smooth, clean and fast?

Give them the chance to make their product! If these suggestions aren't implemented in release, then someone will make an addon and you can download/add what you want.

You got it Ed, same reason people are upset with the constant upgrading to IPS adding 101 features the fanboys want but which in reality just bloat the product.

I'm not talking about bugs, but additions of features.

To clarify the situation, I very aware of the work and bug fixes. I'm just saying I would love to have more features added.

ungrateful much.

Allan has been around for a long long time, im sure he knows what beta is.... We don't need smart asses like you here to tell us what it is.

Maybe so, however, he could have been here a lifetime, I couldn't give two, my point might have come across as *****y, yet it apply's still the same.

Kier and Mike, have worked extremely hard to roll out new features and also a load of bug fixes. We should be thanking them, think of it from their point of view, they've had christmas and new years off, I think that is an amazing achievement, I have the upmost respect for Kier and Mike.

Also, xenForo is still a baby, It only got released in august (I think, don't quote me on that), and it has all the features (bar a couple) of other forum software's. They've got plenty of time to roll out bigger features, c'mon look at vBuletins lifecycle, it's been around over 9 years now.

P.s this is in no way *****y, I am just putting my views across. :) x

Im very disappointed in Beta 6, because they didnt name it RC1
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom