XenForo Beta6, very disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if they don't, the modding community will fill in the gaps.
But this will need some time,...

There are also some users (like me) who don't trust 3rd party add-ons
I have some "very important" communities, where i don't install 3rd party add-ons. Only add-ons coded by "us" or 3rd party add-ons after a prof. code review & optimisation...

Any more than we need childish name-calling. :)

hehe ;)

I just don't like our community veterans to be disrespected. That is all. Sorry Peggy, I was in the wrong too.

I liked Allan's first post because everyone is jumping down his throat for an opinion he made. I know what its like to be singled out and have no one on my side. So I stepped up. I am however satisfied with the product thus far.

Both Mike and Kier have stated numerous times that their priority is to get to a stable release, not to continually be adding features and functionality.

The problem is this issue comes up every time there is a new Beta release, despite statements made and expectations being managed.
It's normal Paul, people are impatient and enthusiasm, just like me ;)

I like all of the current aspects of beta 6.

The only thing that I can see is that, from what I gather, you are only allowed to choose either reCAPTCHA or Q&A. I would only ever use one anyway, but some people might want both.

I am absolutely happy with the path Devs have taken. I love XF more and more with each update and this is still beta. Buying license for XF was one of the best moves in 2010 for me.
Ditto, if I'm disappointed about anything it's the completely painless upgrades... after dealing with that other forum product I've become a bit of a masochist when comes to upgrades. They're not fun unless something blows up. :rolleyes: :p :D

Seriously though, Kier, Mike and Ashley deserve some serious Bravo Zulus for their efforts... Xenforo is without a doubt the best forum product I've used!

Just alot of template editing for me...mostly changing the Style Property References and Readding Mods. I love everything though! The inline Message Editor is amazing :). Thanks for the smiley drop-down fix for us emoticon lovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom