XenForo Beta6, very disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Floris said:
Our point simply is: you wish the user could figure out they could click the upload, to host on the db locally, vs clicking the bbcode img to remote host it. My point is that yes, while it would be nice. It's not too difficult too learn

I don't want imageshack frogs all over my page because they can't upload sigs.

Your argument is highly invalid.

I'm sure the devs will work it in regardless of opinion.

I just find it funny that all the folks who are against images in signatures more than likely wouldn't be a member of MY community, not by my choice but because the type of board I will be running.

XenForo is built for the license holders, because certain people don't believe in images in signatures doesn't mean that it should be the new standard. Creating the ability to upload images in signatures isn't bloat in my eyes, it's more of a convenience service to many. Right now phpBB has a more advance way of placing images in signatures, that's terrible!

I just find it funny that all the folks who are against images in signatures more than likely wouldn't be a member of MY community, not by my choice but because the type of board I will be running.

XenForo is built for the license holders, because certain people don't believe in images in signatures doesn't mean that it should be the new standard. Creating the ability to upload images in signatures isn't bloat in my eyes, it's more of a convenience service to many. Right now phpBB has a more advance way of placing images in signatures, that's terrible!
Can't wait for your new mobile style that doesn't charge my users to post on it!

A highly skilled add-on developer working on solid projects for the community.

I made an uploader for the sig pic myself... it was pretty easy actually this coming from a nub. I don't remember if I posted it however. But on that note this is an old thread at this point and related to an outdated unsupported version... at this point does beta 6 matter?

Thanks TNCclubman,

There really should be an upload sig pic. Doesnt seem like its too hard to do, not sure why people are against this. We should all be trying to make things like this easier for our members. Its not an issue for me, but I can see where willie is coming from.

It would seem to me that there are a number of members that here that don't like sig pics or wouldn't have them on their forums as is their right, but it seems they are dictating that there shouldn't be an up loader on any forum because they don't like them. ( You only have to read some of the posts in this forum to learn that,) But its OK to have 3 - 5 - 10 - 20 - as many as you like lines of text for a sig but not a pic it seems.

I have yet to get a reply from one of the developers as to why they can or why they cant incorporate an up loader for sig pics like they have for Avatars and Pictures .

The replies all seem to be from members speaking for them.

I have yet to get a reply from one of the developers as to why they can or why they cant incorporate an up loader for sig pics like they have for Avatars and Pictures .

You probably won't see this before 1.0 as the software is pretty much feature-locked now.

Did you make a separate post asking about this? They most likely wouldn't answer in this thread anyway.

This thread is basically dead, given that it's feedback from beta 6 and we're now on RC2. I'm pretty sure that signature pictures are noted in the suggestions forums, so I'm going to close this thread to stop it being endlessly resurrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom