XenForo Beta 6, very very pleased

Kaiser

I want to thank you Kier, and Mike so much. To be honest I was just starting to loose my hope in XenForo, and now Beta 6 fixed that problem. My most favorite addition is
It is now possible to force all new posts in a forum to the moderation queue, and to disable posting in a forum completely.
I run an admin forum, and it was very disappointing not having that feature to enable in the Articles section, so I had to completely disable members from creating a thread in the Articles section, and now this new feature is very helpful so I can approve all posts in the articles section before they are posted and ready to view.

My second favorite is the Q&A's captcha, my forum was recently spammed and I was very upset about it, and it had made me want to close my forum..

So I thank you both very much for the great additions in Beta 6. <3

Yeah I've been hitting that and nothing comes through. I even have it set to post under my name so it shouldn't have a permissions issue with an admin account. I must be really dumb.

Yeah I've been hitting that and nothing comes through. I even have it set to post under my name so it shouldn't have a permissions issue with an admin account. I must be really dumb.
Dumb, Stupid, and Ignorant are all words we have made up as humans and thus the definition of the word is truly up to the narrator as well as it is the listener though they may never be the same. Why dont you take a screenshot( press the print screen button on your keyboard and open paint{Windows} and click ctrl+v and save that and upload it) of your feed definition page for your espn feed so we can look at your use and try duplicating your issue.

When you try to save that what happens..successful save or error? I cannot make that not work ( go figure:) )

If you are getting an error try checking the "post as guest,.." bubble instead of a manually selected user, then save it and click the import now in the registered feeds area and check your designated forum for auto rss postings

Thanks for the help. It always saves just fine and I tried both as a user and guest. Nothing will get that feature to work.
A quick question as I'm curious and have a hunch which is probably completely wrong but for thoroughness I will ask, did you do a clean install or upgrade and if upgrade from what version. Whatever you did I will try to reproduce.

Alright here is a grab of the espn one. View attachment 9238
Possible Issues:

Change it to 30Mins
Change the forum it posts to, create a new forum called feeds perhaps, and use that forum
Make sure the user you type in exists, it helps if it's an admin account too.
Is the feed url correct? Doesnt look like an RSS feed to me, Bingo. I don't think ESPN have public RSS feeds which XenForo and such can use..

to me, an rss feed looks something like this when viewed in the browser;

2011-01-14-13h30_00.png

that espn one has the feeds at the BOTTOM of the page, maybe why XenForo is having trouble? I see looking at the source that it's formatted in XML like it should be but that's it..

Top Bottom