XenForo 2.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very few people actually hold that concern, but people will have you believe otherwise because they seem to enjoy that.

What people actually seem to want more than anything is that we take our time and release a good product worthy of the "2.0" moniker, rather than rush it and make mistakes and release something that is not viable. In the meantime, we have a perfectly viable product that people seem happy with.

While one the subject of time .... part of the concerns people have about Xenfor0 2.0 is the excessive investment in time :)
You have seen on other platforms what happens when a major release is rushed. I believe this is the last thing you want to see happening here. Else you would still be using vb. We all know how that turned out.
I highly appreciate the time and care the XF team invests.

The advantages of working for the community rather than shareholders.

Shareholders want sales. And xf2 will do that.

But the community needs solid forum software in order to keep thriving.

I feel special that xf has invested so much of their time into a product for us, that's low cost, easy to buy and makes our members happy.

If i could bet i would say we'll see the very first screens or HYS videos on the 5th of october this year. That would be excactly 6 years after the XenForo 1.0.0 beta 1 release. Would be typically XenForo in my opinion (and that's what i would do as well :D).

Would love to see Xenforo 2 be able to integrate with other companies, Slack (for moderators/admins lol), Stripe, Paypal, Freshbooks, Big Commerce (and other shops), teamwork, etc.

Would love to see Xenforo 2 be able to integrate with other companies, Slack (for moderators/admins lol), Stripe, Paypal, Freshbooks, Big Commerce (and other shops), teamwork, etc.
Some of those are possible already via add-ons. That's likely how it'll remain.

This may work for some - but the simplicity of posting usually will wind up with the same junk replies that aren't worth much on FB or Twitter. I see FB and Twitter posting as a place for quick comments and short replies as where a traditional forum is more for discussion with real writing and not the mindless dribble you seen on social networking sites.

The problem is, that is what people seem to like now. To me it seems lazy. Forums were always great for finding information and even finding it later (some what). With facebook it is terrible. You might get the answer you are looking for but going back to find it.

People seem too lazy to post now. It is all about a picture/selfie and a few hashtags and then they move on.

James

The problem is, that is what people seem to like now. To me it seems lazy. Forums were always great for finding information and even finding it later (some what). With facebook it is terrible. You might get the answer you are looking for but going back to find it.

People seem too lazy to post now. It is all about a picture/selfie and a few hashtags and then they move on.

James

I think your right. Drive by likes and sharing with a quick pic and 40 letters and a filter or something.

360k likes.. but... How many people care. What value was it?

Has there been any mention of an API or integration functions for XF2?
It's not something that will be part of 2.0, though we are very much aware of the suggestion and the possibilities it brings. The changes we have made have certainly laid groundwork for it but it's not something that could be fit in the scope of 2.0 itself. It is certainly one of the features we'll be evaluating for a subsequent release.

While there are some new features coming with 2.0--and we've mentioned a couple of them already--the focus has been updating the existing systems to what makes more sense today and to lay firmer foundations for the future.

@Mike @ChrisD or @Kier
Will you implement a up to date system to install, upgrade and deinstall Add-ons ?
What I miss:
- clean deinstallation including remove addon files from system
- a easy way to be informed about xenforo and addon updates
- a optional auto install for security fixes (like Wordpress it do - thanks god ;) )

Can we hope to something like this?

It's already super easy to be informed of XF and add-on updates - you just watch the relevant forums or resources. If you don't visit very often, you can watch those specific forums or resources with an email alert.

I think there's suggestions covering the other bits, further discussion or showing your support for those suggestions should happen there, ideally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom