XenForo 2.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I doubt that we will see 2.0 this year. If it was close to be released, we would have seen some screenshots of the new version, and possibly a test forum with it in use.

We could see it even it if were a while from being released. I'm pretty sure this forum was up a few months before sales started (I could be wrong, but still).

Liam

I would say that "no plans" means it's very unlikely to happen - only in the event that XF 2.0 gets significantly held up for some reason, which at this point also seems very unlikely. In reality, it's probably just @Chris D's way of speaking carefully in regards to future releases.
From what I've read, there were no plans for XF 1.5 either ;)

From what I've read, there were no plans for XF 1.5 either ;)
AFAIK you're correct - but I'd guess that once XF2 was mentioned publicly it was determined there would be too long a wait before XF2 was released so they decided it was worth the time and effort to bring out XF 1.5. I for one would be very surprised if there was an XF 1.6, or if we didn't see a glimpse of XF 2.0 later this year.

Any chance of templates/other things being editable via an actual external editor without the use of something clunky like WebDav kind of like what IPS does?

Personally I doubt that we will see 2.0 this year. If it was close to be released, we would have seen some screenshots of the new version, and possibly a test forum with it in use.
I'd be very surprised if we didn't see a beta by the end of the year. Forum software needs to get moving or we will be left behind.

Just curious if people will switch right away, or if you will wait for a few releases before switching to 2.0? I will probably wait awhile, at least until some of my favorite mods are converted to 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom