XenForo 2.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest update.
The earth is still circling the sun
The seasons are still occurring
The sun rises and the sun sets.

Oh... you wanted XF 2.0 updates... well, see above and add "It will be released when it's ready" to it. :D

Is there any hint to whether XF2 will be powered by jQuery or some other JS library? React/angular/etc.

I never imagined 2.0 would be 2 years since announcement without no sight or even feature reveals or mentions of what's going on there.

Not sure what to expect tough, Internet is quite changing with new attempts at forum discussion using new technologies, like NodeBB with NodeJS. Possibly Xenforo will be the same it is now with some background "life quality" improvements. I mean things as a widget framework, navigation management and others desperately need love.

To be fair, we've been vocal about some aspects of the development, what the goals are and to an extent what our progress is. We've also been happy to answer most questions; though of course we don't necessarily want to say too much on specifics until the right time.

There has certainly been mention of specific features, and technologies we're using. The jQuery question that was asked by Mike Creuzer above had even been addressed earlier in this thread, though I appreciate this is a long thread so we certainly don't mind repeating ourselves if necessary.

So I would say it's unfair to claim there's "no sight" or "feature reveals" or "mentions of what's going on".

In case you haven't seen it, here's some of the key updates we've given regarding development so far:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-2-0-development-updates.113262/

Xenforo is as secretive as Nintendo right now....frustrates everyone lol :D - A timeline would be great though, like hey our target for beta is Fall 2016 etc.

We're not meaning to be secretive. We're trying to strike a balance.

I feel like we've given a decent amount of info without ruining the eventual enjoyment you'll experience when we start showing things off in more detail. With regards to the date, it's more about trying to be accurate than secretive.

We're not meaning to be secretive. We're trying to strike a balance.

I feel like we've given a decent amount of info without ruining the eventual enjoyment you'll experience when we start showing things off in more detail. With regards to the date, it's more about trying to be accurate than secretive.
I'm in favor of accurate and I'm in favor of the usual excellent quality product from XenForo rather than being released to soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom