XenForo 2.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no. That would be like saying customers have the right to tell McDonald's employees how to run the place. Nope. That's up to the supervisors, managers, and owner, not the customers.

It's the same thing here. Kier, Mike, and Chris choose how to run their business, not us.

There are 3 XenForo developers - Mike, Kier and Chris.

I'd have to disagree with your opinion. :)

I stand corrected sir. You are right, there are 3 members with the Developer badge.

That is your right sir, to disagree, or agree with someone 's opinion. I wanted to thank you for not making it personal and being mature/constructive. :)

Still no. That would be like saying customers have the right to tell McDonald's employees how to run the place. Nope. That's up to the supervisors, managers, and owner, not the customers.

It's the same thing here. Kier, Mike, and Chris choose how to run their business, not us.

There is a huge difference between telling someone how to run their business, and to voice your opinion about something as a customer. In my case, if you will read my previous post, you will see that I did the later and not the former. e.g. I voiced my opinion.

Yes, it's our place.
No it absolutely isn't ever a customer's place to tell someone how to run their business. It's up to the business owners and directors only.

Because we are customers and the customer is ever on right.
Customer is the king.
The customer isn't always right, those are trite statements that have been proved to be wrong on so many occasions.

So it's convenience of Xenforo's staff listen their customers.
If they want continue to live in the business, of course.
Yes, XenForo staff should listen to their customers, and they do. They then use this information to decide on what is best for the company, as well as their own expertise and business acumen.

Don't forget they have already taken on a 'new' member of staff about 18 months ago - Chris D.

XF team, you guys do awesome work! And I imagine 2.0 will be super awesome and of course am excited to see it. I don't feel you guys should rush because I want the best you can give and trust that you will. Please work at the pace that is comfortable to you, and release when you are comfortable and not feel pressure because some come on here and push you. Its your gig, run it how you see fit.

Much love to the XF crew! :)

XF team, you guys do awesome work! And I imagine 2.0 will be super awesome and of course am excited to see it. I don't feel you guys should rush because I want the best you can give and trust that you will. Please work at the pace that is comfortable to you, and release when you are comfortable and not feel pressure because some come on here and push you. Its your gig, run it how you see fit.

Much love to the XF crew! :)

agree.

I'm late to the party :) So out of curiosity, when is 2.0 ETA?

Having come from a customer service environment, I can categorically say, in 90% of situations the customer is never right.
But you have to make them think they are right!

"I'd love to agree with you Sir but then we would both be wrong!"
"I'm sorry your upset about that...."
"I apologise unreservedly you held it the wrong way up and it fell on your foot"​

Based upon what I've heard, from an end-user or admin point of view, 2.0 sounds like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. From an add-on developer point of view, the situation may be different.

So far as I'm concerned, 2.0 can wait until 5 years from now. There's too much change for change's sake in the tech world. Just look at Office 2013. Egads.

Yes, it's our place.
Because we are customers and the customer is ever on right.
Customer is the king.
Such a poor understanding.. no, the customer is NOT king. And no.. the customer isn't always right. In fact, in some cases it's cheaper to tell a customer to "hit the door" than keep putting up with their unrealistic demands/expectations (from a business aspect) as they cost WAY more than what they bring in.

Could be also an idiot, but customer decide if you should die or live.
Not a singular customer.. now, if ALL (or a majority) customers believe/decide that then it is an issue - but that rarely happens. Usually it's the "class twit" that is the squeaky wheel (and believes in the squeaky wheel philosophy).

Ok, but in xenforo's situation nobody said bad things about Xenforo.
Just told, in the exclusive interest of Xenforo, that in our opinion, Xenforo should enlarge his staff.
That's all.

That's not up for you to decide. It's the XenForo team's decision, and they'll decide whether or not there would be any benefit to adding more members to the team.

That's not up for you to decide. It's the XenForo team's decision, and they'll decide whether or not there would be any benefit to adding more members to the team.

You are compulsively repeating "It's not you to decide, is the staff." It's totally useless to me is that you repeat.
We are only making suggestions.
If xenForo doesn't find new programmers, it can not make the progress that would enable it to hold its own against other forum software.
It would be a shame, because i believe on xenforo. For Xenforo i abandoned vBulletin that i have used for 17 years. So means that i believe in Xenforo.
That's all.

How can a customer, with absolutely no insight into the progress of 2.0, determine whether or not a company needs more staff? For all we know, XenForo devs have polished off 2.0 and are sitting on it enjoying watching everyone kick up a fuss about how inadequate/slow they are... I wonder who made the first version??

Nobody has any idea what kind of a project they have for themselves (apart from a vague "full rewrite") - some may feel from a customer POV that it is unwarranted, but the devs think it is warranted. It might be worth noting that this rewrite will make things easier for developers (not just add-on developers) - so maybe by undergoing this massive overhaul you'll actually find faster point-releases and a much speedier development plan.

I feel insulted on behalf of KAMC (CMAK? KMAC?) seeing some of the awful responses in this thread... I get that everyone has a vested interest but sometimes patience is a virtue. You've let the XF developers take you this far, you've seen their vision - just get on board and have a little faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom