XenForo 2.0 Discussion!

Holy Crap. I was reading some info on AWS and I am like wait a minute... why is this on the XF2 demo site? It's not.... OH!

Will be today or tomorrow? When is that importing to new XenForo 2.0 version?
It will be before the public beta release. Current plan is to release the public betas for everything together. We'll aim to get MG installed here for some stress testing before that.

It will be before the public beta release. Current plan is to release the public betas for everything together. We'll aim to get MG installed here for some stress testing before that.

So... the public betas are waiting for the MG to be ready? Unfortunately, we now have a circular loop for when the beta will be released.

Anyway, I've been patient thus far, I think I can wait a few more weeks ;)

Liam

So... the public betas are waiting for the MG to be ready? Unfortunately, we now have a circular loop for when the beta will be released.

Anyway, I've been patient thus far, I think I can wait a few more weeks ;)

Liam
Not only that, I hasten to add. We've got quite a small to do list of other items too. (It feels such a relief to say "small to do list").

This is absolute quality, I'm loving the widespread ability to Cmd-Enter :)
ooh did't realise we had that
In case anybody uses the keyboard a lot and missed the XF2 DP10 post, check here.... https://xf2demo.xenforo.com/threads/xenforo-2-0-0-developer-preview-10-released.3096/ :giggle:

Kier said:
Keyboard Shortcut System

New for XF2DP10 is a generic keyboard shortcut system, activated by assigning an attribute to any clickable or focusable element in a template.

shortcuts-1-png.4651

Once a shortcut is defined, hitting the key or key combination specified will activate the targeted element.

We have already set up some default shortcuts to make navigation easier. These include:
  • M - Open the visitor menu
  • , (Comma) - Open the inbox/conversation menu
  • . (Period/full-stop) - Open the alerts menu
  • / (Forward slash) - Open the search menu (also in Admin control panel)
  • ALT+Z - Open the style chooser
  • ALT+X - Open the language chooser
  • ⌘+ENTER (Mac) or ÿ+ENTER (Windows) Submit the current form while in a <textarea> element (normally, ENTER will submit any form, but while you're in a <textarea>, the ENTER key simply inserts a new line)
Additionally, keys 1 to 0 will activate the corresponding tab (or tab menu) from the primary navigation strip, while ALT+1 to 0 will activate the corresponding item from the sub-navigation strip.

Accessibility for Keyboard Navigation

Along with keyboard shortcuts, we have improved the way that keyboard navigation works with menus and overlays. After a menu is activated, the up and down arrow keys will cycle through the available items in the newly-opened menu. Tab-focus is also moved to newly-opened menus and overlays automatically, so tabbing from the menu or overlay trigger will jump to elements within the newly-opened container.

Additionally, the system automatically detects the current navigation method, and will activate control outlines when keyboard navigation is in use.

accessibility-1-png.4639

It's great, but I find the hyper-thick thread titles off-putting. I appreciate the style can be changed on our own sites, but for me XF.com is now less easy to read, which is a shame.

Is there any way I can keep my browser adjustments for each visit?

1502301556688.webp

General choice (which you'll find is very common in many locations these days), along with a number of situations in XF1 which actually didn't use the correct case as is.

Top Bottom