Xenforo 1.2 Beta 5 Discussion

So how many of you moved production sites to XF 1.2 beta 5? Keep looking at the small number of threads in the bugs forum and thinking about making the jump. I've been testing the migration on one of my forums, without any major issues.

I've made a test forum with an old database and invited my users to play with it. Since our production forum is vB 4 they are spending more time learning to use Xenforo than anything else but there have not been any real bug reports to me other than the ability to move avatars around in the editor doesn't seem to work right. The nice thing is that even in its beta stage my users love Xenforo already.

Having a little financial problem, gotta renew the awesome xF license which is pending for quite some time now!
Once that is done, 1.2 and my forum are going to make sweet love.

Hoping to get my hands on 1.2 soon haha.

I've made a test forum with an old database and invited my users to play with it. Since our production forum is vB 4 they are spending more time learning to use Xenforo than anything else but there have not been any real bug reports to me other than the ability to move avatars around in the editor doesn't seem to work right. The nice thing is that even in its beta stage my users love Xenforo already.

Welcome to XF. I did something similar when I moved to XF a few years back. Best of luck with the migration. As an admin, you'll love XF. I've found beta 5 to be solid. No real surprise as that's been the case all along with XenForo software. It just works. I hope I didn't jinx myself.:eek:

Welcome to XF. I did something similar when I moved to XF a few years back. Best of luck with the migration. As an admin, you'll love XF. I've found beta 5 to be solid. No real surprise as that's been the case all along with XenForo software. It just works. I hope I didn't jinx myself.:eek:

I'm very happy and the vB4 imported worked flawlessly on my test site other than for my paid subscriptions. I think this is going to be very good going forward :)

I've tried the vBulletin 4 importer on my friend's site and the "Complete Import" button seems not to be working.. It redirects to the "Import completed" page without importing anything.
Can anyone confirm this?

Also, the following error is displayed when "Post Edit History" was selected.
Code:
 Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /home/username/public_html/xftesting/library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php on line 2774
Can anyone confirm this?

This is a feedback thread, not for support.

Additionally, support will only be given to licensed customers.

This is a feedback thread, not for support.

Additionally, support will only be given to licensed customers.
I am not asking for support. I am just reporting a bug and want to make sure it's a general bug and not only on the installation that I'm testing.
Also, As I've mentioned before, My friend has a testing installation and permits me to use it to test the software. I am reporting bugs and suggesting features so I make sure the software is bug free and doesn't lack any functions when I convert to it.

I am not asking for support. I am just reporting a bug and want to make sure it's a general bug and not only on the installation that I'm testing.
Also, As I've mentioned before, My friend has a testing installation and permits me to use it to test the software. I am reporting bugs and suggesting features so I make sure the software is bug free and doesn't lack any functions when I convert to it.
You should report bugs and suggest features in the appropriate section, where the developers can see them. Not in between a thread, that's what @Brogan was saying :)

If it isn't a bug, whats the worst that can happen? They'll mark it as not a bug/as designed and leave it off. But I've seen @Mike say this, that even if you have a slight doubt it's a bug post it in the appropriate section.

Then your friend should add you to his/her account and/or submit the issues under their own account that is associated to their license.
I'll ask him to do that. Thanks
You should report bugs and suggest features in the appropriate section, where the developers can see them. Not in between a thread, that's what @Brogan was saying :)

If it isn't a bug, whats the worst that can happen? They'll mark it as not a bug/as designed and leave it off. But I've seen @Mike say this, that even if you have a slight doubt it's a bug post it in the appropriate section.
I will.

Top Bottom