Resource icon

XenFacil Birthday Greetings 4.4b

No permission to download
Click on cron entry and change parameters.

Edit: somethings is worng on your cron entries. It's not normal to run every minute.

Salud2

Last edited:
Uninstalled both the add-on and the cron but I'm still receiving 600 server alerts per day (suspicious file) from my server. I'm unable to change the permissions on these files in /library including "Birthdays.php" so I am being denied the ability to delete. I don't have this problem with anything else on my server or site. Perhaps there's a conflict with another add-on but at this point I just want to remove it.

The file is no danger in itself. May be you receiving suspicious file alerts to be a file to send emails via XenForo cron entries.
Try you to edit the file and empty it or overwrite it with an empty file with same name, if this is possible.

Salud2

Multiple files from this add-on were found under /tmp and still generating errors at a rate of 12 per hour. I had to use Root to access and clean them out.

It can be for the email queue of XenForo. The cron is correct and (for me) run well. Little more can be configured in cron.

Salud2

It can be for the email queue of XenForo. The cron is correct and (for me) run well. Little more can be configured in cron.

Salud2
If I run the cron manually it sends out the email but it will not send it automatically as per the settings, so I don't see how the Xenforo email queue is the problem.

It runs at 00:00 hours af every day (server zone). Make a user with birthday tomorrow and put your email. See if you received the email.

Salud2

It runs at 00:00 hours af every day (server zone). Make a user with birthday tomorrow and put your email. See if you received the email.

Salud2
Hi lms, thank you for your suggestion. As it turns out the problem was with the server time which is western US and the forum time being Brazil, it was a difference of over 8 hours. Now it is working fine after I adjusted for the difference in times. Thanks again for your great support and awesome add-on.

Reactions: lms
Hi

How can I disable the cut off restriction?
Edit the root/library/XenFacil/BirthdayGreetings/Model/Usuario.php file.
Delete the line (number 25) with
Code:
        AND xf_user.last_activity > DATE_SUB( CURDATE( ) , INTERVAL '.$corte.' DAY )
Save changes.

Do not forget rating this resource.

Salud2

Why some people receive the english version and some other people receive the spanish one?
I've translated the add-on in italian... o_O

The options are in spanish also... Is there an international version?

Thanks!

Overall I like this, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep using it because of the lack of usergroup or post count restrictions. My first batch had a few bounces, and they were from single digit (or 0) post count users who I'm not thinking are ever going to post again anyway.

Why some people receive the english version and some other people receive the spanish one?
I've translated the add-on in italian... o_O

The options are in spanish also... Is there an international version?

Thanks!
1.webp
The package contains the xml english install into root zip. Into InstalarEspañol folder there are xml spanish install; Into traduccion folder there are xml spanish language; and into translation folder there are the xml english language. Both languages are for translations.
Overall I like this, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep using it because of the lack of usergroup or post count restrictions. My first batch had a few bounces, and they were from single digit (or 0) post count users who I'm not thinking are ever going to post again anyway.
I take note for the next update. Add usergroups permissions and post count. Thanks for suggestion.
The add-on take the user last activity date (cut-off) for include or not users.

Salud2

Last edited:
Top Bottom