[XenCustomize] Events Manager

[XenCustomize] Events Manager [Paid] 1.2.6

No permission to buy ($65.00)
Then If we can create an automatic discussion thread in specified forum together with Event, it would be great. I guess you can add some settings in the Admin panel for automatic thread creation.
Absolutely! The ability to create an associated thread automatically is already a built-in feature. You can configure this for each event category in the Admin panel. (y)

Can you add also the price for events? Free or paid event. If that is a paid event then the cost should appear.
Feel free to share your idea about adding event prices in the support forum. We'll consider it based on user interest (votes).

Please purchase the add-on only once the needed features are available. :)

Outstanding work once again @Veer

I could probably work with this as is but having some sort of RSVP/booking/ticketing feature and the ability to create recurring events would seal the deal for me.

When we hold events just now we always ask clients for event reviews/feedback, I'm not sure if something like that could be implemented or would be a requirement for anyone else though.

Is there a functionality for RSVP?

I could probably work with this as is but having some sort of RSVP/booking/ticketing feature and the ability to create recurring events would seal the deal for me.

When we hold events just now we always ask clients for event reviews/feedback, I'm not sure if something like that could be implemented or would be a requirement for anyone else though.

I've just written up a large thread on Veers forum as a feature request. Please vote!

RSVP feature which allows members to register for an event.
  • Support for RSVP with limited and unlimited number of attendees (say for example - it's an event that has only enough size in the venue for 25 people - you'd have a limit set to 25 max, so after that number had been met - you could no longer allow anyone else to RSVP, the button would disappear or 'grey out' and you could display a notice or banner stating that it was fully booked.)
  • Users are then able to view a guest list of who is attending, might be attending and not attending. (View those members from the forum (or guests of applicable) whom have registered for attending)
  • Users that RSVP or watch events will be notified when key event details change. (This could include date, time, venue/address, organiser)
  • Attendees can be reminded when an event start date is approaching. (Configurable to 1hr, 12 hrs, 1day, 1 week)
  • Allow 3 different 'types' of attendance status. Attending. Not Attending. Maybe. (If Maybe is selected, they are not confirmed either way and could be reminded at a configurable length of time/days to re-look as a reminder.)
  • Events should be able have different ' location types' including physical and virtual (zoom/teams/other)
  • Allow guest interaction - If guests can view the page, they should also be able to RSVP (configurable per event). There should be limits/requirements for what MUST be needed for each RSVP submission. Real name (they won't have an account, so this won't link), DOB, email address, telephone number. You could urge guests whom are RSVP'ing to register for an account to better track and interact with the features of the addon/forum however not enforceable, and just receive their details via email. On that email would be the RSVP details, their choice, a link to cancel their RSVP if they change their mind.
  • Confirm their RSVP option 1 day prior to event (A setting to enforce confirmation at a desired length of time prior to event - if they don't confirm, they forfeit their spot if they haven't paid (and its free). If they have paid, then this setting wouldn't necessarily be needed but could still be an option)
  • Invite individual members, Invite multiple members and Invite usergroups - Allow registered members to invite the aforementioned member types.
Further desired features -
  • When RSVP / Buy Ticket
    • Additional Options:
      • RSVP anonymously
      • RSVP for additional person (1/2/3 friends - configurable via event options, per event)
      • Send Message to organizer / promoter (This can be done via guests, too - configurable)
  • If already signed up as attendee:
    • Download Ticket (PDF, eTicket, Passbook) - Automatically sent via Email
    • iCal
  • If max RSVP is reached:
    • Set me on waiting list (with notification when user jumps to RSVP)
  • Stats
    • How many have signed up / RSVP
    • How many open spots are available
    • Stats about RSVP (average age / gender)
  • Tab with the additional infos for RSVP (only visible if RSVP)
Worth noting - If the event is a PAST event (happened already) then RSVP would not be needed. However - This then adds a further needed (desired) option - https://xencustomize.com/support/threads/i-attended-the-event.11/

I have tracked and added all current feature requests in this thread (I think) for Veer. My eyes are hurting and I'm tired so please forgive any mistakes!

I've linked back to the members post whom has suggested anything. I hope this helps @Veer
Thank you for posting these feature requests, and your efforts are appreciated. (y) We'll review them and consider their implementation.

Really appreciate your support :)
We're working on the RSVP functionality (detail)
Event Reviews/Feedback is planned (detail)

The add-on appears promising, and I am interested in trying it out. However, during the checkout process, I noticed that certain details such as phone number and address are mandatory. It would be preferable for these to be optional due to privacy considerations.

Thanks

The add-on appears promising, and I am interested in trying it out. However, during the checkout process, I noticed that certain details such as phone number and address are mandatory. It would be preferable for these to be optional due to privacy considerations.

Thanks
Sent you a DM.

We're working on the RSVP functionality (detail)
Your link is not too helpful as one needs to have an account in your forum to see the info.

Bildschirm­foto 2023-12-22 um 14.31.49.webp

I understand if you prefer to keep info in detail about development of your addons in your forum rather than here at xenforo - but on the other hand I am not willing to create an account in dozens of forums of dozens of developers just to be able to find out IF a certain addon may be worth considering.

Fact is:
• I am currently evaluating event addons for my forum
• having looked around the current situation looks somewhat depressing
• I ended up buying "calendar" but am somewhat underwhelmed by it - strange issues with it and no update for more than two years
• so I am a potential customer for your addon, please don't make me jump through loops to become one but make it as easy as possible

However - RSVP and a calendar are mandatory for my needs (else I'd be better off to stick with what I have now). And I've learned that a feature list is not enough. It's the nitty-gritty details that make all the difference. I.e. when talking about recurring events with calendar it is not possible to have an event on "every last friday of a month" but only like "every four weeks". Also, when threads are autocreated for an event (which is great) with recurring events the question is: One thread for each occasion or rather on thread for all? Obviously it depends what is better - calendar does not let you choose, it's one thread for all occasions (if you do not create threads manually). And so on and so on - there are literally dozens of tiny bits that make all the difference and unfortunately the calendar addon seems not only a bit unreliable (i.e. RSVP stopped working on my test server out of the blue for no reason shortly after installing the addon) but also in many points takes the opposite turn of what I personally would prefer when there are two potential ways of dealing with a feature. :eek:

Your link is not too helpful as one needs to have an account in your forum to see the info.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-12-22 um 14.31.49.webp

I understand if you prefer to keep info in detail about development of your addons in your forum rather than here at xenforo - but on the other hand I am not willing to create an account in dozens of forums of dozens of developers just to be able to find out IF a certain addon may be worth considering.
Apologies if this causes any inconvenience. There's no secret information 😄; feel free to disregard those links. Instead, keep an eye on the resource for future updates, and I recommend purchasing the add-on only when it includes all the necessary features.

Top Bottom