XenCentral Multisite System

XenCentral Multisite System [Paid] 1.11.0

No permission to buy (€69.99)
...and here is the issue I have been telling you about and you have been blaming it on XF Enhanced Search...firstly you can see it is a fresh clean install with only xenAtendo and your addons installed:
6.webp

I create a thread in a forum that is displayed ONLY on domain 2:
4.webp

Yet, that new post comes up on domain 1's "New Posts" even though your addon settings are marked not to:
5.webp

...and here is the issue I have been telling you about and you have been blaming it on XF Enhanced Search...firstly you can see it is a fresh clean install with only xenAtendo and your addons installed:
View attachment 57914

I create a thread in a forum that is displayed ONLY on domain 2:
View attachment 57912

Yet, that new post comes up on domain 1's "New Posts" even though your addon settings are marked not to:
View attachment 57913

Please refer to our previous post for details about the issue reported. Thank you!

Your last post in your support desk asks for me to pay you 60 euros an hour to troubleshoot yet I am showing you a clean fresh XF install

Your last post in your support desk asks for me to pay you 60 euros an hour to troubleshoot yet I am showing you a clean fresh XF install

It is really sad we have to clarify this again - you will pay anything ONLY if it is not bug of our product, and we do not care if it is clean installation of XenForo or not. You have already checked something else for you, it was NOT a bug of our product. If you have any questions about the terms, please ask. Again, that would make more sense to ask such questions in Support System. Thank you for understanding.

I don't think anyone would be prepared to take a risk on paying $100 an hour especially when I am providing a clean fresh install for you to look at plus I would have assumed it would be in your best interest to find out why your product doesn't work on a clean XF install so you can help your customers or is this how you will treat all your customers now. PLUS you don't provide any instructions or how to and charge nearly $100 an hour and you don't even answer a simple question in your support forum on a question I have had there on how to use the xenPorta option you have in your addon settings...gone unanswered for a couple of days now.

I don't think anyone would be prepared to take a risk on paying $100 an hour especially when I am providing a clean fresh install for you to look at plus I would have assumed it would be in your best interest to find out why your product doesn't work on a clean XF install so you can help your customers or is this how you will treat all your customers now. PLUS you don't provide any instructions or how to and charge nearly $100 an hour and you don't even answer a simple question in your support forum on a question I have had there on how to use the xenPorta option you have in your addon settings...gone unanswered for a couple of days now.

It is sad you do not value the support you are getting, and all this replies you get here for no payment just because you are posting clearly false information and we have to make it clear each time. We consider we did our best for your satisfaction with our product, and would like to see in the list of our happy and satisfied customers.

Thank you!

Hello, I have finally installed our new forums and imported all the files. The last question now is how does the URL set-up work. I have created six different domains, which we have a license for all, and have placed in their original URLs to that board.

However, I feel like there is more to that step elsewhere that I need to do.

Different question, what specifically might I need to do to get Cross Site log-in working.

• Cross-Site Login
    Enable login/logout synchronization between domains. Requires PHP MCrypt extension, and secure global salt to be defined in config.php

Last edited:
Different question, what specifically might I need to do to get Cross Site log-in working.

• Cross-Site Login
    Enable login/logout synchronization between domains. Requires PHP MCrypt extension, and secure global salt to be defined in config.php

You just need to activate the option and in your config file have something like

$config['globalSalt']='SOME_RANDOM_STRING';

This is a private key used to encrypt data transmitted between domains.

When setting up your sites in Multisite System make sure to correctly provide their URLs, without trailing slash, the same way you do for XenForo's default Board URL option.

Thank you!

I believe this is related to your system due to the custom auth.

Some users are receiving and error when they try to log-in now after importing to our forums. The Admin CP shows this for the error:

Server Error Log
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Invalid authentication module '' specified - library/XenForo/Authentication/Abstract.php:126
Generated By: Unknown Account, 20 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /data/www/forum.gamebreakernation.com/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(1216): XenForo_Authentication_Abstract::create('CodeInMotion_Au...')
#1 /data/www/forum.gamebreakernation.com/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(1244): XenForo_Model_User->getUserAuthenticationObjectByUserId(3593)
#2 /data/www/forum.gamebreakernation.com/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Login.php(101): XenForo_Model_User->validateAuthentication('Feydakin', 'divinity1388', NULL)
#3 /data/www/forum.gamebreakernation.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Login->actionLogin()
#4 /data/www/forum.gamebreakernation.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /data/www/forum.gamebreakernation.com/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(49) "http://forum.gamebreaker.tv/index.php?login/login"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["login/login"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(7) {
["login"] => string(8) "Feydakin"
["register"] => string(1) "0"
["password"] => string(8) "********"
["remember"] => string(1) "1"
["cookie_check"] => string(1) "1"
["redirect"] => string(10) "/index.php"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

Now note that when said error occured I had not added the globalSalt, but I have now, so perhaps all is might be fixed. Just putting it here in case you have seen it before or know what it is or for your future reference...and in the case that it may have nothing to do with the globalSalt.

Hello, @Gary Gannon

Thank you for the report. The error does not seem to be connected with our product, as it does not implement any special authentication system, it just makes a hidden request to the other site to login the same user there.

Anyway, we will check the case again and will inform you.

Thank you!

XCentral updated XenCentral Multisite System with a new update entry:

XenCentral Multisite System 1.2.2 released

Hello everyone,

We are happy to announce the next release of Multisite System with the most requested features by our customers:
1. Forum filter now support for New Posts and Recent Posts pages
2. Support for Current Visitors page - users viewing threads/forums not available under current domain will not be listed.
3. Regular expressions in for domain matching. Allows to match dynamic URLs and to serve the same domain for them, using placeholders in Board URL option field.
4. Better approach...

Read the rest of this update entry...

YAHOO...FINALLY, In the end I was right as I have just updated to this new release and my test site works properly...I kept telling you that your addon didn't work and you kept saying it did, I kept giving you screen shots and you ignored them and in the end you wanted me to pay you nearly $100 an hour to get it working properly and now you have just released an update that makes it work properly...just look at Post #81 above.

I hope that you provide better support and understanding to your customers in the future as I really wanted this addon to work properly...now that it does

Last edited:
I am hope that you provide better support and understanding to your customers in the future as I really wanted this addon to work properly...now that it does

I think it was just simple miscommunication Ian. You know I like you and we consider each other as friends. But, I have to disagree here. @XCentral support has been amazing for both this and the other two add-ons I own from them. Sure, things are buggy sometimes. But from what I have seen, they really listen and apply customer input and fix bugs and new features quick.

Thanks Mike, but I even asked you if your "New Posts" function was working and you said it was working...so on this I have spent hours and hours and hours of work trying to find out what was wrong with my installation and it seems now it couldn't have been working for you. I have even damaged my live site in terms of user respect by having to close my 2nd domain down trying to fix this...I posted screen shots both in this thread and in their support forum showing that the New Posts function doesn't work and not once did they say they would fix it or anything other than me taking the risk in paying them $100 an hour to fix it...hell, they wouldn't even look at a standard fresh XF install showing that the New Posts function didn't work...I think anyone would be angry after being put through all this.

Thanks Mike, but I even asked you if your "New Posts" function was working and you said it was working...so on this I have spent hours and hours and hours of work trying to find out what was wrong with my installation and it seems now it couldn't have been working for you. I have even damaged my live site in terms of user respect by having to close my 2nd domain down trying to fix this...I posted screen shots both in this thread and in their support forum showing that the New Posts function doesn't work and not once did they say they would fix it or anything other than me taking the risk in paying them $100 an hour to fix it...hell, they wouldn't even look a a standard fresh XF install showing that the New Posts function didn't work...I think anyone would be angry after being put through all this.

Oh I do understand where you are coming from and yes it was functioning correctly on my site. Maybe it was some weird conflict and this update fixed it for you :)

Thanks Mike, this is why I set up a completely clean fresh XF install to test that there was nothing that could influence their addon, nothing that could conflict with their addon except for XF itself, see screen shots in post #81.

Anyway, hopefully this will be the end of it as the big issue with this addon is that once you set your site up using it you are locking your sites in, in a way that could eventually become damaging in the long term if the addon was pulled or not supported or not upgraded to a future XF release...imagine trying to split a successful site into two domains if this addon stopped, what a nightmare so we are putting a lot of faith in this addon and its developers...and paying top price for an addon to start with.

I will move on and put this behind me now but venture forward with caution...thanks Mike :)

Can anyone advise what this means:
"3. Regular expressions in for domain matching. Allows to match dynamic URLs and to serve the same domain for them, using placeholders in Board URL option field."
and what do you put in this field in the domain settings?

The field in the settings says it is "Optional"
1.webp

BUT if you don't put anything in it, you get an error:
2.webp

Plus without any domains entered as yet and you turn the addon on you get an error in the error log:
Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: boardUrlRegExp - library/XenCentral/MultiSite/Model/Domain.php:104
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenCentral/MultiSite/Model/Domain.php(104): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/xxx/p...', 104, Array)
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenCentral/MultiSite/Hooks.php(28): XenCentral_MultiSite_Model_Domain->getCurrentDomain()
#2 [internal function]: XenCentral_MultiSite_Hooks::initDependencies(Object(XenForo_Dependencies_Public), Array)
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(90): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php(202): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('init_dependenci...', Array)
#5 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(127): XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData()
#6 /home/xxx/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(98) "http://www.recreationalflying.com.au/threads/criminal-charge-laid-against-hang-glider-pilot.38382/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Last edited:
Can anyone advise what this means:
"3. Regular expressions in for domain matching. Allows to match dynamic URLs and to serve the same domain for them, using placeholders in Board URL option field."
and what do you put in this field in the domain settings?

The field in the settings says it is "Optional"
View attachment 58168

BUT if you don't put anything in it, you get an error:
View attachment 58169

Plus without any domains entered as yet and you turn the addon on you get an error in the error log:
Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: boardUrlRegExp - library/XenCentral/MultiSite/Model/Domain.php:104
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenCentral/MultiSite/Model/Domain.php(104): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/xxx/p...', 104, Array)
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenCentral/MultiSite/Hooks.php(28): XenCentral_MultiSite_Model_Domain->getCurrentDomain()
#2 [internal function]: XenCentral_MultiSite_Hooks::initDependencies(Object(XenForo_Dependencies_Public), Array)
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(90): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php(202): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('init_dependenci...', Array)
#5 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(127): XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData()
#6 /home/xxx/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(98) "http://www.recreationalflying.com.au/threads/criminal-charge-laid-against-hang-glider-pilot.38382/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I am getting this error after upgrading. I have domains in, so I guess I need to put something in for reg expression or whatever, but no idea what goes there.

Hello everyone,

For the error provided, it seems the product was not correctly applied. For each upgraded version you should re-upload all files and re-import product XML (not only upload, and not the other way). The version just introduces a new field in database table, which should be added during re-importing. Please do this and let us know if you are still getting the error.

As for the field, yes, it is optional, and just leave it empty if you are not sure how to use it. The main purpose of it is to support wildcard domains, and have only one domain entry created for them. It is perfect for the cases when you provide users theirs own XenForo installations with subdomains like user1.domain.com, users2.domain.com etc. and want to apply the same rules to all these domains (same set of forums etc.), of course having different board URLs. For that you will use something like this:
Board URL: http://{1}.domain.com
RegExp: #(\w+)\.domain.\com#

Anyway, this is a specific case needed for some customers only and you can just ignore it.

@ibaker , that's nice the update fixed your problems. Please enjoy!

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

For the error provided, it seems the product was not correctly applied. For each upgraded version you should re-upload all files and re-import product XML (not only upload, and not the other way). The version just introduces a new field in database table, which should be added during re-importing. Please do this and let us know if you are still getting the error.
This was a new install on my live site and the normal process for updating an XF addon update is to upload all files, overwriting any existing files, and then update the addon in the ACP so YES, the problem is still happening

Top Bottom