XenCentral Multisite System

XenCentral Multisite System [Paid] 1.11.0

No permission to buy (€69.99)
Quick question

Does this mod allow multiple domains to share the same DB. Lets say a partner website wants to run a cobrand and a forum on their site off our data, we can purchase another license from xF, install on that website and then run their forums using this mod?

Yes, it does exactly that - it allows to have multiple domains pointed to the same file system and to share the same database.

Please note - if XC Multisite System will be used on two or more file systems, additional licenses will be required for each file system.

Thank you!

Hi XCentral...can you advise on any impacts on performance as I assume there would be and did find that with the VB version (slowed all my sites down dramatically)

Hello, @ibaker

There should not be any performance impact by this product, as it works on low-level to tweak board settings and configuration, does not make any additional queries, does not run much code on all pages. We are not sure how it compared to vBulletin product, but it will have less impact on your server than many traditional addons adding blocks, widgets etc.

Thank you!

Thanks XC, it's just that I have paid out so much money on addons that either don't work properly or doesn't end up being able to match my site, this and that etc etc etc...when I tried using Cerberus on VB (which was free) users had lots of problems with logging in/out etc so I had to drop it but as I said, it was free...I will probably give this a go as the other addon here at XF that does something similar to this, which is also free, doesn't work and the developer doesn't seem to want to fix it...thanks again Mate!

Thanks XC, it's just that I have paid out so much money on addons that either don't work properly or doesn't end up being able to match my site, this and that etc etc etc...when I tried using Cerberus on VB (which was free) users had lots of problems with logging in/out etc so I had to drop it but as I said, it was free...I will probably give this a go as the other addon here at XF that does something similar to this, which is also free, doesn't work and the developer doesn't seem to want to fix it...thanks again Mate!

You are welcome.

Our addon is fully supported and problems like not being able to login etc. will be addressed immediately. You can test the addon fully at http://demo.xencentral.com/ and http://demo2.xencentral.com/ which run on the same database. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Just purchased this...is there any installation instructions for example does the "Framework" have to be installed etc, what are the prerequisites, what else has to be installed on the server etc

Found a bug...
I am using Nodes As Tabs addon and when I tried to move a forum node into a different category node it eventually did it ok however I was presented with the following error:
Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/NodesAsTabs/Model/Options.php:307
Generated By: Admin, 6 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/xxx/public_html/library/NodesAsTabs/Model/Options.php(307): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/xxx/pub...', 307, Array)
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/library/NodesAsTabs/Model/Options.php(429): NodesAsTabs_Model_Options->buildChildList(19)
#2 /home/xxx/public_html/library/NodesAsTabs/Model/Options.php(382): NodesAsTabs_Model_Options->rebuildCache(19, 0)
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/library/NodesAsTabs/ControllerAdmin/Forum.php(46): NodesAsTabs_Model_Options->rebuildCache()
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): NodesAsTabs_ControllerAdmin_Forum->actionSave()
#5 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/xxx/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(62) "http://www.xxx.net/admin.php?forums/spare-1.79/save"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["forums/spare-1_79/save"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(24) {
    ["title"] => string(5) "spare"
    ["node_name"] => string(0) ""
    ["description"] => string(126) "Africa and Middle East trips you have done, events you have attended and any spare seats that you may have on an upcoming trip"
    ["parent_node_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["display_order"] => string(3) "999"
    ["nat_tabtitle"] => string(0) ""
    ["nat_display_order"] => string(1) "1"
    ["nat_position"] => string(4) "home"
    ["nat_childlinks"] => string(1) "0"
    ["nat_linkstemplate"] => string(0) ""
    ["nat_tabid"] => string(0) ""
    ["allow_posting"] => string(1) "1"
    ["count_messages"] => string(1) "1"
    ["find_new"] => string(1) "1"
    ["allowed_watch_notifications"] => string(3) "all"
    ["default_sort_order"] => string(14) "last_post_date"
    ["default_sort_direction"] => string(4) "desc"
    ["available_prefixes"] => array(6) {
      [0] => string(1) "1"
      [1] => string(1) "2"
      [2] => string(1) "3"
      [3] => string(1) "4"
      [4] => string(1) "5"
      [5] => string(1) "6"
    }
    ["default_prefix_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["node_type_id"] => string(5) "Forum"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(32) "/admin.php?nodes/spare-1.79/edit"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

This was done on a test site which is a copy of my live site. However doing the same thing on my live site (without this addon installed) did not produce any error so it is specific to this addon

Found another bug...I have selected the search to only search the specific domain:
1.webp

However searching for a thread title on one domain that I know is only on the other domain still brings it up in the search results...NOTE, I am using the XF Enhanced Search Addon (Elasticsearch)

Is there any way to have the "New Posts" to only display the new ones on the specific site...this is one function my users use all the time and it would be pointless if they were also seeing new posts made on the other domain

Found a bug...
I am using Nodes As Tabs addon and when I tried to move a forum node into a different category node it eventually did it ok however I was presented with the following error:
Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/NodesAsTabs/Model/Options.php:307
Generated By: Admin, 6 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/xxx/public_html/library/NodesAsTabs/Model/Options.php(307): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/xxx/pub...', 307, Array)
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/library/NodesAsTabs/Model/Options.php(429): NodesAsTabs_Model_Options->buildChildList(19)
#2 /home/xxx/public_html/library/NodesAsTabs/Model/Options.php(382): NodesAsTabs_Model_Options->rebuildCache(19, 0)
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/library/NodesAsTabs/ControllerAdmin/Forum.php(46): NodesAsTabs_Model_Options->rebuildCache()
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): NodesAsTabs_ControllerAdmin_Forum->actionSave()
#5 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/xxx/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(62) "http://www.xxx.net/admin.php?forums/spare-1.79/save"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["forums/spare-1_79/save"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(24) {
    ["title"] => string(5) "spare"
    ["node_name"] => string(0) ""
    ["description"] => string(126) "Africa and Middle East trips you have done, events you have attended and any spare seats that you may have on an upcoming trip"
    ["parent_node_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["display_order"] => string(3) "999"
    ["nat_tabtitle"] => string(0) ""
    ["nat_display_order"] => string(1) "1"
    ["nat_position"] => string(4) "home"
    ["nat_childlinks"] => string(1) "0"
    ["nat_linkstemplate"] => string(0) ""
    ["nat_tabid"] => string(0) ""
    ["allow_posting"] => string(1) "1"
    ["count_messages"] => string(1) "1"
    ["find_new"] => string(1) "1"
    ["allowed_watch_notifications"] => string(3) "all"
    ["default_sort_order"] => string(14) "last_post_date"
    ["default_sort_direction"] => string(4) "desc"
    ["available_prefixes"] => array(6) {
      [0] => string(1) "1"
      [1] => string(1) "2"
      [2] => string(1) "3"
      [3] => string(1) "4"
      [4] => string(1) "5"
      [5] => string(1) "6"
    }
    ["default_prefix_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["node_type_id"] => string(5) "Forum"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(32) "/admin.php?nodes/spare-1.79/edit"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

This was done on a test site which is a copy of my live site. However doing the same thing on my live site (without this addon installed) did not produce any error so it is specific to this addon

This is not a bug in our product. Our product just does not allow to access a forum under different domain, like it just does not exist. The product you are using queries for the node and assumes it is found, but actually it does not exist and its children can not be used in "foreach". However, checking product code we see the product has a line to prevent this error, so maybe you are using an older version. Please contact product vendor if you still have the problem after upgrading to the latest version.

Found another bug...I have selected the search to only search the specific domain:
View attachment 57534

However searching for a thread title on one domain that I know is only on the other domain still brings it up in the search results...NOTE, I am using the XF Enhanced Search Addon (Elasticsearch)

This should work and works fine with default search engine. We will check it with Elasticsearch and update you about the results.

Is there any way to have the "New Posts" to only display the new ones on the specific site...this is one function my users use all the time and it would be pointless if they were also seeing new posts made on the other domain

This is related to the previous issue. New Posts is actually using search engine, and once the product is fixed to work with Enhanced Search it will show correct New Posts.

We will update you soon about the fixes.

Thank you!

Thanks for your reply and yes, I was using Nodes As Tabs v1.2.0. When trying to update Nodes As Tabs to v 1.2.1 I received this error:
Code:
Server Error

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in NodesAsTabs/Model/Options.php at line 293
    NodesAsTabs_Model_Options->buildChildList() in NodesAsTabs/Model/Options.php at line 415
    NodesAsTabs_Model_Options->rebuildCache() in NodesAsTabs/Model/Options.php at line 368
    NodesAsTabs_Model_Options->rebuildCache() in NodesAsTabs/Install.php at line 40
    NodesAsTabs_Install::install()
    call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
    XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenCentral/Framework/Model/AddOn.php at line 25
    XenCentral_Framework_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
    XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 231
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13

The only way to update Nodes As Tabs was to turn your addon off, then update, then turn your addon back on. However, I still get the same error when trying to move a node in the ACP"
Changing a forum node:
1.webp

After clicking Save"
2.webp

The only way I can do anything in the ACP Node Tree is to turn your addon off first so I don't get the error.

You are welcome to the test site Admin login details if you want but the issue seems that your addon doesn't work well with Nodes As Tabs

Thanks for your reply and yes, I was using Nodes As Tabs v1.2.0. When trying to update Nodes As Tabs to v 1.2.1 I received this error:
Code:
Server Error

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in NodesAsTabs/Model/Options.php at line 293
    NodesAsTabs_Model_Options->buildChildList() in NodesAsTabs/Model/Options.php at line 415
    NodesAsTabs_Model_Options->rebuildCache() in NodesAsTabs/Model/Options.php at line 368
    NodesAsTabs_Model_Options->rebuildCache() in NodesAsTabs/Install.php at line 40
    NodesAsTabs_Install::install()
    call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
    XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenCentral/Framework/Model/AddOn.php at line 25
    XenCentral_Framework_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
    XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 231
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13

The only way to update Nodes As Tabs was to turn your addon off, then update, then turn your addon back on. However, I still get the same error when trying to move a node in the ACP"
Changing a forum node:
View attachment 57537

After clicking Save"
View attachment 57538

The only way I can do anything in the ACP Node Tree is to turn your addon off first so I don't get the error.

You are welcome to the test site Admin login details if you want but the issue seems that your addon doesn't work well with Nodes As Tabs

The problem just still exists on that line of the product. A simple IF condition will fix it. Attaching the file with change needed that you can just apply to your board. By the way, our product does not make any changes in Admin CP.

Thank you!

Attachments

The problem just still exists on that line of the product. A simple IF condition will fix it. Attaching the file with change needed that you can just apply to your board. By the way, our product does not make any changes in Admin CP.

Thank you!
Where do I place the Options.php file...I placed it in the Model folder of your addon and the issue still exists so I take it that isn't the place

Hello,

It is not a fix for our addon, it is for the addon you are using. It should be placed in NodesAsTabs/Model directory. Please restore the Options.php of our product using the package you have downloaded.

Thank you!

Hello,

It is not a fix for our addon, it is for the addon you are using. It should be placed in NodesAsTabs/Model directory. Please restore the Options.php of our product using the package you have downloaded.

Thank you!
That fixed it...thanks

Any news on the search function i.e. using XF Enhanced Search...this is the only thing that is stopping me going live with the addon now

Top Bottom