XenCentral Invite System

XenCentral Invite System [Paid] 1.6.0

No permission to buy ($19.99)
Hello!

In your last message you mentioned that the error trace is shown only in Admin log, not to the users, and this is how it should be. So, do you mean that with disabled debug mode it still shows to users? We will check and update this.

This mod also breaks push notifications https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-push-notification.3047/ and anything else that rely on /register link not redirecting everything someplace else. I'm out.

It is not correct to speak about breaking addons in this case, as this product has to interface with registration process to implement what it has to do - prevent users from registering without an invitation. It uses all coding standards, so it does not break anything, but anything that requires (or assumes) free registration system will be incompatible. If it is important for your to have both addons, then you can just ask addon developers to make their addons compatible with each other.

Thank you!

Hello, @D.O.A.

We have tested the product, and can confirm that it works as expected. You can test it on our demo board at http://demo.xencentral.com/ Just register any regular user or the use the account test / testxc , and try to leave feedback twice.

By the way, our product uses exactly the same way of throwing errors, as XenForo does for all security checks. Try to submit a reply in a thread without typing any message, and you will get an error telling that the message is required. If you get message trace with our product, and consider it as security issue, then you will get it with default XenForo functionality as well.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

I have deleted this mod, this is not good to have server paths exposed to end users.
This isn't new feature update I request, it's major security issue you need to fix asap.
This mod also breaks push notifications https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-push-notification.3047/ and anything else that rely on /register link not redirecting everything someplace else. I'm out.

By the way, we have notices similar behavior on our local development board, and found that it is connected with having XDebug extension installed on the server. So, if you don't have XDebug installed, if the debug mode is disabled in config.php, server paths will not be exposed to end users for sure.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Thank you!

Hello, @D.O.A.

We are sorry, we just found-out what was the mistake, there is similar functionality in our Trading System addon, and all this time we have been checking that addon for the described issue. Now we checked the Invite System and see the problem. We are working on it and will release a fix asap.

Thank you!

Great addon!

Or it will be when I get it to work properly - I've seemingly got everything going (changing to friendly URL helped loads) apart from....

When I (or any other user) clicks on the Facebook icon to refer FB friends I get a message that says "There are no contacts to invite. If you think this is an error please contact site administrator."

I know I'm missing something but not sure what! Any pointers? Thanks in advance.

Hello, @Jon Naylor

That issue with Facebook is already discussed in this thread and mentioned in the main page of the product. Basically it is a Facebook limitation that you can overcome only using older application (and this is just a temporary solution):

With the changes in Facebook API applying to all applications created after April 30th 2014 it is no longer possible to get the list of friends from Facebook. The product will continue operating with applications created before that date, but this may stop working as well. Please check the Documentation f0r further information.

Thank you!

Hello, @Jon Naylor

That issue with Facebook is already discussed in this thread and mentioned in the main page of the product. Basically it is a Facebook limitation that you can overcome only using older application (and this is just a temporary solution):

Thank you!

Ahhh makes sense - I missed that. Thanks for the quick reply.

I dont get it this is not working.. When i send an invitation it makes this link: http://www.rahstyles.net/forum/invite/activate?id=invite_616075015cc3d6c

then when I click on it it only says you must be logged in to do that.. Isnt it supposed to take them straight to the registration page? Whats going on here?

Hello!

We have replied to your ticket. Just check the FAQ section regarding this issue. And please either reply here or open a support ticket for further issues.

Thank you!

Can sombody give me a step by step instruction on how to make a facebook and google app for this mod.. cause i fcant figure it out.. i keep getting errors and i dont know where to even start since google has soo many api thingies.

Hello!

Here is a resource on XenForo.com that describes that in some details. The process is the same for our product as well, just use the redirect URLs provided in FAQ section and fill-in the settings in our application settings page.

Thank you!

Now I get this error i figured out the rest..

Access Not Configured. Please use Google Developers Console to activate the API for your project.

I have problems when my users try to invite friends via facebook.
  • When they click the facebook icon their facebook friends appear in the list
  • they then can select facebook friends to invite them to my community
But when they click on submit it takes a very long time to process the data. I tried it myself and had to wait 45 seconds to invite 5 persons. My users made the same experience. It should not take more than a few seconds to invite 5 FB users.

Also the screen remains white without any message like "successful invitation" or "processing invitation 1/2" so my users don't know if the invitation process stopped or if their invitations have been successful. What can I do?

Thank you.

I have problems when my users try to invite friends via facebook.
  • When they click the facebook icon their facebook friends appear in the list
  • they then can select facebook friends to invite them to my community
But when they click on submit it takes a very long time to process the data. I tried it myself and had to wait 45 seconds to invite 5 persons. My users made the same experience. It should not take more than a few seconds to invite 5 FB users.

Also the screen remains white without any message like "successful invitation" or "processing invitation 1/2" so my users don't know if the invitation process stopped or if their invitations have been successful. What can I do?

Thank you.

We have received several similar reports in past, and they were all related to XMPP protocol used to deliver Facebook invites and server Firewall. XMPP uses some special ports that need to be whitelisted on your server Firewall software for it to work normally. Please ask your hosting support to check firewall logs and see which ports exactly are being requested and open them. Check here for some more details - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3452161/which-ports-does-xmpp-use

Thank you!

Please ask your hosting support to check firewall logs and see which ports exactly are being requested and open them. Check here for some more details -

I have a managed server of my own. My hosting support just told me that they do not block any outgoing ports. XMPP uses 5222, 5223, 5269, 5298 + 8010 . So if none of these ports is blocked what can then cause my problem?

Just as an additional information: I also use cometchat on the same server which is able to chat from my xenforo to facebook users directly. As far as I know cometchat also uses xmpp and the chat works fine.

Last edited:
I have a managed server of my own. My hosting support just told me that they do not block any outgoing ports. XMPP uses 5222, 5223, 5269, 5298 + 8010 . So if none of these ports is blocked what can then cause my problem?

Just as an additional information: I also use cometchat on the same server which is able to chat from my xenforo to facebook users directly. As far as I know cometchat also uses xmpp and the chat works fine.

We are not sure if those ports are used for outcoming connection only, so it may work if you will open incoming connection to these ports as well. Anyway, firewall logs should be checked to make sure no other related request is being blocked.

Another php call which potentially may take some time to execute is

Code:
gethostbyname(php_uname('n'))

Again, this is part of JAXL package used for XMPP transfer, so you should make sure it works fine on your board.

If you still have this issue please contact us from Client's Area and we will continue the troubleshooting.

Thank you!

Ok. My hoster reconfigured the firewall and now I can invite a facebook friend and receive a message "1 person successful invited".

But as soon as I try to invite 5 facebook friends at once (which most users will do) it seems as if the program hangs. After 2 minutes I closed the browser finally. What can I do?

Top Bottom