XenCentral Invite System

XenCentral Invite System [Paid] 1.6.0

No permission to buy ($19.99)
XCentral updated XenCentral Invite System with a new update entry:

XenCentral Invite System 1.3.2 released

Hello everyone,

This is the next build of XenCentral Invite System with the following changes:

1. Invite to Post feature, that adds a link for all forum posts allowing users to invite their friends to see the post. This allows one-time invitation link generation (for invite-only communities) as well as referral link generation (for open communities). Users visiting the URL will see the post first, and if they decide to register they will be considered as invited by the user who invited them...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does this update include the Facebook fixes?

Yes, it includes the fix to send to multiple friends at once, but it does not fix the problem with new applications not listing the friends, as it is not possible anymore. The old applications will work until April 30th 2015 it seems.

Thank you!

I may have (probably) missed this. And I'm really tired right now, so that probably doesn't help. But when I try to use the inviter with facebook, I get "Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET." If I try to use it with google, I get "Access Not Configured. Please use Google Developers Console to activate the API for your project." I can't figure out which Google API I need to activate... I've activated like 10 that could possibly maybe make a little sense, but nothing. Facebook just seems to be totally timing out (I'm using a pre-April APP ID.) If anyone can point out my stupidity, I'd love it. Thanks!

Google suddenly started working after I posted this... so just the facebook issue now.

Last edited:
I may have (probably) missed this. And I'm really tired right now, so that probably doesn't help. But when I try to use the inviter with facebook, I get "Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET." If I try to use it with google, I get "Access Not Configured. Please use Google Developers Console to activate the API for your project." I can't figure out which Google API I need to activate... I've activated like 10 that could possibly maybe make a little sense, but nothing. Facebook just seems to be totally timing out (I'm using a pre-April APP ID.) If anyone can point out my stupidity, I'd love it. Thanks!

For Facebook issue, you may consider to contact your host provider and ask if XMPP protocol is allowed (this is Facebook chat protocol and sometimes it is blocked by server firewall). Also ask if you are running PHP version 5.3+ or no. If you still have the issue please contact us at https://customers.dnf.technology/clientarea.php for further troubleshooting.

As for Google issue, our add-on needs Contacts API to be enabled. Also please check our FAQ for this product for some other configuration hints.

Thank you!

Hello, I have installed this plugin and configured the Facebook and Google apps for it but when I try to invite using Facebook, I get the following error:

There are no contacts to invite. If you think this is an error please contact site administrator.

When I try to invite using Google, I get the following error:

400. That’s an error.
Error: redirect_uri_mismatch
Application: Project Default Service Account

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Hello, @mcmedal001 !

For Facebook issue, it is a limitation of Facebook API for new applications created. It is mentioned in product's description:

With the changes in Facebook API applying to all applications created after April 30th 2014 it is no longer possible to get the list of friends from Facebook. The product will continue operating with applications created before that date, but this may stop working as well. Please check the Documentation f0r further information.

The error you are getting for Gmail connector is because of some misconfiguration, you can read about it here and you can find the correct redirect URLs to set in FAQ section of this resource.

Thank you!

With the changes in Facebook API applying to all applications created after April 30th 2014 it is no longer possible to get the list of friends from Facebook. The product will continue operating with applications created before that date, but this may stop working as well. Please check the Documentation f0r further information.
I just changed the setting to that of an application I created in 2012 and this works fine now. I am still trying to figure the issue with the Google configuration.

Thank you.

Just purchased. How long before it's active and I can download? Order # 5062747930

I also noticed that there was a framework download with my invitation system. Does this need to be installed first?

Thanks. I was missing this add-on for when I port over my last site. Will be purchasing 2 more copies unless you offer additional domains option like *******.

hi @XCentral , we've noticed an error trace appears when using the control for flood check with a 1 hour setting, when a user tries to generate more links. It all displays to the user. Also missing word "hour/s" in phrase.

Capture.webp

Code:
XenForo_Exception: You have exceeded the limit of 1 invites during 72. You can send another invite at Oct 5, 2014, 12:38 PM. - library/XenCentral/InviteSystem/Model/Invitation.php:362
Generated By: Admin, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /public_html/forum/library/XenCentral/InviteSystem/Model/Invitation.php(210): XenCentral_InviteSystem_Model_Invitation->_assertInvitationFlooding()
#1 /public_html/forum/library/XenCentral/InviteSystem/Model/Invitation.php(284): XenCentral_InviteSystem_Model_Invitation->createInvitation('', 0, Array)
#2 /public_html/forum/library/XenCentral/InviteSystem/ControllerPublic/Index.php(313): XenCentral_InviteSystem_Model_Invitation->getOrCreateInvitation('', true, Array)
#3 /public_html/forum/library/XenCentral/InviteSystem/ControllerPublic/Index.php(258): XenCentral_InviteSystem_ControllerPublic_Index->_getGenerateInvitationResponse('')
#4 /public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenCentral_InviteSystem_ControllerPublic_Index->actionGetInviteLink()
#5 /public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(49) "http://forum.xxxxxxx.com/invite/get-invite-link"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/invite/get-invite-link"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(6) {
["redirect_url"] => string(0) ""
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["undefined"] => string(8) "Generate"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(8) "/invite/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Last edited:
Just purchased. How long before it's active and I can download? Order # 5062747930

I also noticed that there was a framework download with my invitation system. Does this need to be installed first?

Thanks. I was missing this add-on for when I port over my last site. Will be purchasing 2 more copies unless you offer additional domains option like *******.

Your order is active now. You need to install the Framework before installing the product. General installation instructions for all our products are at http://forum.xencentral.com/threads/xencentral-product-installation-instructions.35/

hi @XCentral , we've noticed an error trace appears when using the control for flood check with a 1 hour setting, when a user tries to generate more links. It all displays to the user. Also missing word "hour/s" in phrase.

View attachment 85660

Code:
XenForo_Exception: You have exceeded the limit of 1 invites during 72. You can send another invite at Oct 5, 2014, 12:38 PM. - library/XenCentral/InviteSystem/Model/Invitation.php:362
Generated By: Admin, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /public_html/forum/library/XenCentral/InviteSystem/Model/Invitation.php(210): XenCentral_InviteSystem_Model_Invitation->_assertInvitationFlooding()
#1 /public_html/forum/library/XenCentral/InviteSystem/Model/Invitation.php(284): XenCentral_InviteSystem_Model_Invitation->createInvitation('', 0, Array)
#2 /public_html/forum/library/XenCentral/InviteSystem/ControllerPublic/Index.php(313): XenCentral_InviteSystem_Model_Invitation->getOrCreateInvitation('', true, Array)
#3 /public_html/forum/library/XenCentral/InviteSystem/ControllerPublic/Index.php(258): XenCentral_InviteSystem_ControllerPublic_Index->_getGenerateInvitationResponse('')
#4 /public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenCentral_InviteSystem_ControllerPublic_Index->actionGetInviteLink()
#5 /public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(49) "http://forum.xxxxxxx.com/invite/get-invite-link"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/invite/get-invite-link"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(6) {
["redirect_url"] => string(0) ""
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["undefined"] => string(8) "Generate"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(8) "/invite/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

If you do not have debug mode enabled in config.php file, the error should not be shown to the users with all its trace, just the message that they can not leave another feedback during that time. You can configure the time or disable the check editing Usergroups in XenForo Admin Panel.

Thank you!

If you do not have debug mode enabled in config.php file, the error should not be shown to the users with all its trace, just the message that they can not leave another feedback during that time.
The error appears in the server logs and the xenforo logs, this isn't debug related.

Capture.webp

The error appears in the server logs and the xenforo logs, this isn't debug related.

View attachment 85711

Thank you for the update. Yes, you will see the error in the logs, user will just see that they can't post any feedback again in given time. We will have a look and implement it in a way to avoid logging of this event.

Thank you!

Top Bottom