XenCentral Invite System

XenCentral Invite System [Paid] 1.6.0

No permission to buy ($19.99)
Just a thought:

A guest pass would be really cool. Invited members only would be placed into a guest pass group where they could do a bit more than a normal guest, and then if they decided to actually join they could get a credit of some sort or be placed into a special group. Just a thought because I was thinking this would be cool so that people could get a temporary, limited feel of your group through invites, without actually being considered still a "guest".

And since your trusted members (I hope you trust them!) would be referring them, giving them access to try out things would be cool. And after their guest pass period is up, all of their activity would disappear or remain, depending on if they actually registered or not.

I'd actually love to see this feature.

Hello,

your invite system looks promising. I would like to use it to encourage my users to invite their friends to my new community.

The user who is responsible for most new registrations within a certain period of time (e.g. one week) will receive a gift.

Does your system offer a sidebar blog where one can see the top inviters and the number of invitations they've sent, @XCentral ?

Regards, rhodes

Can someone help me with the redirect URI's? I'm getting:

Google
Error: redirect_uri_mismatch

And Facebook goes to a could not display page after I give it permission on my account.

Linkedin:
Request Error
We’re sorry, there was a problem with your request. Please make sure you have cookies enabled and try again.

Just a thought:

A guest pass would be really cool. Invited members only would be placed into a guest pass group where they could do a bit more than a normal guest, and then if they decided to actually join they could get a credit of some sort or be placed into a special group. Just a thought because I was thinking this would be cool so that people could get a temporary, limited feel of your group through invites, without actually being considered still a "guest".

And since your trusted members (I hope you trust them!) would be referring them, giving them access to try out things would be cool. And after their guest pass period is up, all of their activity would disappear or remain, depending on if they actually registered or not.

I'd actually love to see this feature.

Thank you for the suggestion. This seems to be a nice feature have, though it is technically hard to develop, so we may consider it for one of upcoming releases.

Hello,

your invite system looks promising. I would like to use it to encourage my users to invite their friends to my new community.

The user who is responsible for most new registrations within a certain period of time (e.g. one week) will receive a gift.

Does your system offer a sidebar blog where one can see the top inviters and the number of invitations they've sent, @XCentral ?

Regards, rhodes

Implementing admin-side statistics and a widget showing top/recent inviters/invited users is in our list already and we will implement it soon.

Can someone help me with the redirect URI's? I'm getting:

Google

And Facebook goes to a could not display page after I give it permission on my account.

Linkedin:
Request Error
We’re sorry, there was a problem with your request. Please make sure you have cookies enabled and try again.

The problem is addressed at http://forum.xencentral.com/threads/redirect-uri.164/

Thank you!

Fine, @XCentral ,

one last question.: will we see the number of invitations made by a user or is it also possible to view the invitations that led to a registration?

Regards, rhodes

Fine, @XCentral ,

one last question.: will we see the number of invitations made by a user or is it also possible to view the invitations that led to a registration?

Regards, rhodes

Only the invitations that led to registration are counted and shown in user's profile. Only member sees all invitations they have created.

Thank you!

Does the plugin track all invitations? i.e. the number of invitations that members have offered?

In addition to allowing members to invite other members, I'd love to use it in conjunction with a competition in order to reward members who help grow the community.

Update:

Apologies, just read the above comment (I had added my comment on page one of the discussion).

Just to expand on my question, is there a tool to see how many invitations have been accepted over a specified time period?

Kind of off topic, but just want to say that I've been impressed with your support with this plugin so far. I have not purchased yet as in order to implement this system, I need to disable my affiliate program, so I was a little hesitant and wanted to make sure I was making the right decision. Though I have been impressed with how quickly you responded here, and through my email. Keep up the good work :)

Note that The delete button does not show (see attached image below). This is because it links to styles/xendisconnect/default/xencentral/invitesystem/delete.png instead of styles/xendisconnect/xencentral/invitesystem/delete.png. How do I correct this?

default-button-issue.webp

Last edited:
One thing I noticed today.

When a member has exhausted all of their invitations, they see this error message

server-error.webp

I got an email from a member asking if the forum was having problems. Is there any way to display a nicer message to members. That is, something that tells them if they have used all of their invites. And perhaps display how many invitations they have left for the specified time period.

Additionally, I just noticed a bizarre error in my own account. Under invitations sent, it shows two invitation emails being sent to members within the last two members. Yet I did not do anything. Additionally, these members have been on my forum for a while already. Bizarre.

Someone tried to sign up today via an invitation link, but could not.

They received this message - "You have followed invalid invitation link. Please contact site administrator if you feel something went wrong."

What causes an error such as this?

I was followed all instructions, but i still get this error:

Google

and why i get this server error?

Njajal1.webp

Hello, @System0

Sorry for the delay with these, we will contact you in our support center now and resolve your problems.

I was followed all instructions, but i still get this error:

Google

and why i get this server error?

Please check the instructions for redirect URLs here - http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencentral-invite-system.2337/field?field=faq and once it is setup correctly the error should not be shown. If you still see it please contact us in our Support Center at https://customers.dnf.technology/

checked the demo site but does not show the whole system. do i miss something?

You should be able to see product configuration options under XenCentral tab, and should be able to test the invitation and registration yourself. Let us know if you have any problem with this.

Thank you!

Top Bottom