XenCentral Invite System

XenCentral Invite System [Paid] 1.6.0

No permission to buy ($19.99)
XCentral updated XenCentral Invite System with a new update entry:

XenCentral Invite System 1.3.1 released

Hello everyone,

This is the next release of XenCentral Invitation & Paid Registration System that implements two mostly requested features:
  1. Statistics page in Admin Panel
  2. Top Inviters widget to be used with [bd] Widget Framework
Statistics search results allow to manage users and Batch Update users as with other XenForo user search tools.

The widget has 4 modes to display top inviters for this month/last 30 days/last month/all times.

All licensed customers can...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've just purchased and installed your product @XCentral . i can see an invited tab in my profile, but unfortunately I don't know how i can invite people.

There is no invite button or sth. similar.

Can you help?

Thank you

I've installed newest version 1.3.1.

I can invite friends, but when they click on the email link and register these registrations are not counted.
  • When I visit my profile tab (invitations) there are no invitations listed.
  • The top poster sidebar block is empty.
Although I've activated "Skip manual approval" my admin has to approve new registrations. I don't use XF default style, but an uix audentio theme.

What can I do?

Hello,
Just wanted to ask if you have considered the changes in Facebook API for user's friends permissions? More info here for deleted add-ons http://xenforo.com/community/threads/friend-inviter-paid-deleted.35651/page-31#post-771002

upload_2014-5-27_0-13-45-png.74472

Another minor issue:

My invite links look similar to this:

http://mydomain.de/community/invite/activate?id=invite_0918d30e777e62d

I sent it to some test users. When they follow this link they are routed to a login/register form. But unfortunately an error message appears: you have to be registered/logged in to view this page.
I personally would ignore such messages. But none of my test users registered ;-) They are confused about the error message and contacted me.

I'm sure this is a XF message but it would be great if we could hide this message for unexperienced users...

Just another idea: it would also be helpful if we could see a message:

"Your friend xyz invited you...please register now..."

Regards, rhodes

Last edited:
This looks like a much-needed feature, and I’d definitely buy. But slightly wary since it doesn’t seem to be working on the demo site... or am I wrong?

Is @XCentral shut down? I bought this addon over 28 hours ago, still can't download it because it hasn't been approved by them (payment was valid, made immediately). Anyone else having trouble? Do I need to go through PayPal and get a refund?

They take a little to reply but they are still there. Just had custom work done by them. For this add on in fact so thank me :)

Has anyone actually got this to work good with Facebook? I'm having all sorts of problems with it, @XCentral is trying to help, but we're not getting anywhere. Even using their demo site I was only able to get 1 out of 4 invites to work.

Just finally set this up today.. I have over 2,000 Facebook friends, but the invite system thinks.. xcis_no_friends_to_invite. Please help.. This is very important to function for me

Hello, @Mike Edge !

We got a report that with applications created after April 30 there is some problem with retrieving Facebook friend list, but it works fine with older applications. We are working on this now, and will release the fix (if technically possible) within several hours.

Thank you!

Just finally set this up today.. I have over 2,000 Facebook friends, but the invite system thinks.. xcis_no_friends_to_invite. Please help.. This is very important to function for me

I was fighting this also, and figured out what the problem is. Its that the new Facebook Apps do not allow access to see the Facebook friends list. They changed it on April 30th, 2014. So its not going to work unless you have a Facebook App that you made before April 30th, 2014 already. Luckily I had quite a few of them already from using social sharing services and what not, so I was able to just use one of those for this and have finally got it to work. This issue with Facebook is what led to the other popular Xenforo Friend Inviter addon being deleted from the Resource database.

The other issue I had was that my server had PHP 5.2.9 installed, and I was getting an Internal Server Error using the Facebook invite (no errors were being logged). I updated it to 5.4 and finally got the Facebook Invite feature to work with this addon. Two days of headaches, but its working.

@XCentral also had to update their Invite Addon to be able to send more than 1 invite at a time. But we got all that squared away now finally.

Hello, @Mike Edge !

We got a report that with applications created after April 30 there is some problem with retrieving Facebook friend list, but it works fine with older applications. We are working on this now, and will release the fix (if technically possible) within several hours.

Thank you!

Indeed it does! I tried a really old ID, infact so old the first 3 digits of the ID were 121 and it is working again now :)

@XCentral also had to update their Invite Addon to be able to send more than 1 invite at a time. But we got all that squared away now finally.

Great! Hopefully that gets released soon as well in an update. Does it invite up to 50 at one time, which is the max amount allowed. I have a ton of pre-April app IDs, so to me, getting more then one person invited at once is more important :)

Great! Hopefully that gets released soon as well in an update. Does it invite up to 50 at one time, which is the max amount allowed. I have a ton of pre-April app IDs, so to me, getting more then one person invited at once is more important :)

The system does not put any limit on number of friends to invite, but we are not sure how Facebook will handle that and if any anti-spam measures will be taken if 50 chat connections are being open from the same user the same time.

We will release the version with this fix and other enhancements today.

Thank you!

Top Bottom