XenCentral Feedback System 2

XenCentral Feedback System 2 [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€54.99)
Hello, @Chris2 ! Yes, it seems to be possible. There is no importer for this system now, but a custom importer can be developed for it. We may review the add-on code and provide more exact information on it. Get in touch with us at https://desk.xencentral.com and we'll review the source add-on. Thank you!

Is there any way to place the feedback in the mobile view? 60% of my users use the mobile phone and it's too cumbersome to go to the user's profile to see the feedback.

IMG_0672.webp

I've buyed a while ago The Feedbacksystem for xenforo1. I liked it completly
if i update my forum to xenforo2 can i use automatically The Feedbacksystem for Xenforo 2 or have i buy it again?

We've bought this add-on yesterday, I installed it today and found a couple of issues. Issues for our use-case, I'm aware that you probably had other design goals.
  • The vBulletin iTrader importer seems to use current xenForo settings to verify deal urls from vBulletin. I know that iTrader has not been very good in ensuring unique urls and stuff, but I have tweaked iTrader and made it very picky on this. A consequence is that all the deal urls in our database have the form <vbulletin-root>/showthread.php?t=123 So I have a database full of deal urls which are just perfect, but the importer will reject them.
    Do you think we can do anything about this and maybe create a generic feature out of it? If not, I'll tweak the importer.
  • As a user who has posted in the thread, I can give feedback to any other user who has posted in this thread. In our use case it would be better if I could give feedback only to the thread starter. Might be a useful feature for all users.
  • In our use case the thread starter must not be able to give feedback to more than 1 person in the thread. Might be a useful feature for all users.
  • Why do I have to select a thread when I opened the feedback form from within a thread? This does make very little sense to me.
  • If a user has not yet received feedback, the option for giving him feedback is a bit hidden. It would be better to always have the "Add Feedback" option below the avatar, even if the user has not yet received feedback. I guess I can change this myself by editing the template.

Hello, @TiKu ! Thank you for your notes.

• The vBulletin iTrader importer seems to use current xenForo settings to verify deal urls from vBulletin. I know that iTrader has not been very good in ensuring unique urls and stuff, but I have tweaked iTrader and made it very picky on this. A consequence is that all the deal urls in our database have the form <vbulletin-root>/showthread.php?t=123 So I have a database full of deal urls which are just perfect, but the importer will reject them.

There is not much that can be done here other than making sure that the importer with import mode enabled does not deny this feedback data to be imported to Feedback System. Of course, the importer or Feedback System, in general, will not verify any custom URLs. If you need them to do that, customizations will be needed.

We'll take other notes into consideration. Thank you!

@XenCentral

Our members are really missing the X / X / X feedback display. Any chance we can get that option back?

1564938139976.webp

XCentral updated XenCentral Feedback System 2 with a new update entry:

XenCentral Feedback System 2.1.15 Security Release

Hello everyone!

This is a security release. All customers are strongly recommended to upgrade to this release.

A security issue was found and fixed. The issue was connected with a query where prepared statement was not issued and it could lead to SQL injection exploits.

The update is available in Customer's Portal https://customers.dnf.technology/clientarea.php

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
When releasing an update that resolves a security issue, you update details should include:

• A clear indication that there was a fix for an exploitable issue
  • A basic explanation of the issue fixed and what it could have led to (for example, you may have fixed an SQL injection, which could allow the database and user accounts to be compromised)
  • A reporter credit, if the issue was responsibly disclosed and you've received confirmation from the reporter
Resource updates responding to a security vulnerability must follow the guidelines above.

Please edit the updates accordingly.

You need to update the actual resource entry update as well:

Similarly, you will need to ensure any previous (and future) updates are detailed.

As a side note, I'm somewhat surprised to see you weren't using a prepared statement in the problematic query. You should be doing these entirely automatically, almost as a second nature, especially if you are an experienced developer.

Can you please start a conversation with me and attach to it the latest version of this add-on? I would like to look through it.

Top Bottom