XenCentral Ad Server

XenCentral Ad Server [Paid] 2.0.0 beta 3 rev. 2

No permission to buy (€59.99)
Hello, @Robby

1) Is it easy to translate? My site is in dutch...

Yes, product uses phrases and can be translated as XenForo or any add-on.

2)Can you display adsense when there are no other buys?

Yes, you can configure to display AdSense in any location.

3) Can you block certain nodes from displaying ads?

Yes.

4)Is Euro available?

If you mean for purchasing ads in Euro, yes, it is available as far as your payment gateway supports Euro.

If you want to see the add-on in action, just let us know and we'll send you login details.

Thank you!

Hello,

The product also has so called "placeholder" ads, which are active as long as there are no other ads active in the same zone. So you can create your ad, mark it as placeholder, and it will be served in that location unless one of your user activates a banner in the same zone.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

Hello, @Robby

1) Is it easy to translate? My site is in dutch...

Yes, product uses phrases and can be translated as XenForo or any add-on.

Yes, you can configure to display AdSense in any location.

3) Can you block certain nodes from displaying ads?

Yes.

4)Is Euro available?

If you mean for purchasing ads in Euro, yes, it is available as far as your payment gateway supports Euro.

If you want to see the add-on in action, just let us know and we'll send you login details.

Thank you!
Hello,

Thanks for answering. I would to see it in action. Plz provide me login details pm

This is empty in my control panel.
Full path to log file:

That is the default.

If you want to view a log file, enter the path (relative to your server) and it will display it for you.

I don't think there's any other purpose for that tool. (no other documentation either, correct me if I'm wrong... this is under the Framework)

This is empty in my control panel.
Full path to log file:
That is the default.

If you want to view a log file, enter the path (relative to your server) and it will display it for you.

I don't think there's any other purpose for that tool. (no other documentation either, correct me if I'm wrong... this is under the Framework)

Yes, the option in framework is just for debugging purposes as any other feature of the framework unless you are instructed to manage anything from it.

Thank you!

Ok, what am I doing wrong here?

I cannot get this thing to serve ads at all with XF 1.3.

* I gave the proper perms to the Admin user
* Created a zone, made sure it was active, picked several hooks to use as a test, selected a number of user groups to see the ad (even selected my own username, just to make sure i'd see it.)
* Created a banner for the zone, made sure it was active.

.... and nothing happens. No ad comes up, anywhere. Do you have to manually insert hooks somewhere in the templates to get it to work? Is that what I'm missing here?
I'm using the default style to test.

Thanks!

just to follow up my own posts with some pics. I still can't figure out why the banners aren't showing anywhere...

ad-server-5.webp

Attachments

• ad-server-4.webp
    ad-server-4.webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 10
  • ad-server-3.webp
    ad-server-3.webp
    20 KB · Views: 9
  • ad-server-2.webp
    ad-server-2.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 10
  • ad-server-1.webp
    ad-server-1.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 9
  • ad-server-6.webp
    ad-server-6.webp
    104.5 KB · Views: 9
To follow up again, i'm getting an error --

Undefined index: bannerHtml - library/XenCentral/AdServer/ViewPublic/AbstractBanner.php:27

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Your user criteria is wrong, or at least conflicting.

I confirmed it on our site; you've got too much selected.

(i.e. I'm in the administrator group, but not banned. I selected a test ad to display to administrator and banned people... the ad didn't show. I removed 'banned' and the ad came back.)

Adjust those and see what you can come up with.

(I'm referring to screenshot: ad-server-4.jpg)

To follow up again, i'm getting an error --

Undefined index: bannerHtml - library/XenCentral/AdServer/ViewPublic/AbstractBanner.php:27

Any ideas?

No idea about this one, haven't seen this error come up with our install.

Your user criteria is wrong, or at least conflicting.

I confirmed it on our site; you've got too much selected.

(i.e. I'm in the administrator group, but not banned. I selected a test ad to display to administrator and banned people... the ad didn't show. I removed 'banned' and the ad came back.)

Adjust those and see what you can come up with.

(I'm referring to screenshot: ad-server-4.jpg)
i'm finding the logic here confusing -- what should be checked if I want EVERYONE to see the ad, regardless of their account status, user group, etc?
(I don't want to restrict anyone -- if they load the page, they should see an ad. what do those settings look like?)

thanks

a-ha, i fixed it! Dumb problem on my end -- I had AdBlock running, and it blocked the ads, which I was not expecting.

This brings up another issue -- you can help 'defeat' adblock for a while if you change the names of some of the parts of your program in future releases. For instance, you reference a directory '/ads/' in some of the URLs -- this is an obvious tip-off to ad blocking software, which then prevents the ads from being seen.

So in subsequent versions, consider changing words like 'ads' to 'images' or something equally innocuous, and also avoid words like 'banners'.

It makes it much more difficult for ad blockers to tell the difference between a regular graphic and a banner ad.

thanks!

i'm finding the logic here confusing -- what should be checked if I want EVERYONE to see the ad, regardless of their account status, user group, etc?
(I don't want to restrict anyone -- if they load the page, they should see an ad. what do those settings look like?)

thanks

Our primary ads, have no items selected on the user criteria page. (it shows to everyone)

I believe the logic there is a 'and' situation not a 'or' situation.

So checking administrator and banned = is administrator and banned = display ad.

Likely, no one has that combo, so no ads would display.

I can't get to show up ads. I create an ad but it never shows.
Dont have adblocker.
I create an ad, choose one with free slots and nothing happens...

Hello

We are trying to setup adserver with resource and creating separate custom zone for the different resources. Here is a questions from our developer

About the developer: "I'm getting troubles with resource ads. How we can get dynamically generated classes in body tag <body>? The classes should be generated automatically by page name, example: Resource category "Properties" should have dynamically generated class in body tag by page/category name: <body class="properties" > ? Worked yesterday on this, but no solution. Can't get it working, did some research but no solution. In effect, we need this because I'm getting always same ads for Resources_Jobs, Resources_Properties, Resources_Courses. I can not separate them, all three and other resource categories are using "resource_category" class. Now I want to dynamically generate classes by category name, soo I can use it in hooks and separate them to different custom zones"

We have been able to do this with the forums but cannot find a way to sort this for resources.

Hello

We are trying to setup adserver with resource and creating separate custom zone for the different resources. Here is a questions from our developer

We have been able to do this with the forums but cannot find a way to sort this for resources.

It seems there is some misunderstanding regarding the filters. They are not body tag classes, but PHP classes of appropriate View/Controller/Action and wrapper template name. So, you don't need any classes on body tags for Ad filtering. Not sure about exact pages you are going to filter, but you should consider check XenResource_ControllerPublic_Resource class and its actions - "Index", "Featured" etc. and use them. This is not something specific to Ad Server, that filter is implemented in other XenForo sections as well, so you may ask for help in appropriate community forums on how to enable the filter for the pages you need.

Thank you!

It seems there is some misunderstanding regarding the filters. They are not body tag classes, but PHP classes of appropriate View/Controller/Action and wrapper template name. So, you don't need any classes on body tags for Ad filtering. Not sure about exact pages you are going to filter, but you should consider check XenResource_ControllerPublic_Resource class and its actions - "Index", "Featured" etc. and use them. This is not something specific to Ad Server, that filter is implemented in other XenForo sections as well, so you may ask for help in appropriate community forums on how to enable the filter for the pages you need.

Thank you!

Thanks again. Will pass this on to the developers.

Top Bottom