XenCentral Ad Server

XenCentral Ad Server [Paid] 2.0.0 beta 3 rev. 2

No permission to buy (€59.99)
Does it support the responsive ads ? (Especially google adsense and 3rd party banners with different responsive sizes.)

Hi,

Where can you define the payment options?

Payment options are managed from Edit Zone -> Purchase Options page.

Does it support the responsive ads ? (Especially google adsense and 3rd party banners with different responsive sizes.)

The product just adds the HTML you are using to the page, and if the HTML itself is responsive, it will be responsive when added by our product as well. The default image-based ad generated with image upload is responsive.

I have yet to get any google ads to show using this addon. :(

Please provide us your board URL with Google Ads added somewhere using our product (e.g. after footer). We will check the HTML and see why it does not work for you.

Thank you!

I just wanted to check a couple of things before purchase, as the Multisite system turned out to work a little differently than I'd expected and it took me a while to reconfigure everything.
I'd like to have certain subforums "belong" to the moderator that runs them, so that they can put their own ads in certain positions within that subforum (and i'll put my own ads in other positions). It seems this will let me sell ad positions, but will it also allow me to give them away to certain people for free? I'd like to do this without giving the mods access to the admin CP.
Thanks!

Hello, @MegaFora

What you described is not something specifically implemented in the product, so it may be achieved only by some manual work from Admin side. You can see full feature list and usage details at http://xencentral.com/products/ad-server.html Basically, you can create zones (and the zone you create can be forum-specific for most of forum-related locations), and allow users to upload banners to the zone. You can just not set any price rule, and users will not be able to activate their ads, they will just create them. You will need to go to Admin Panel page and activate the ad from there.

Please test the product at http://demo.xencentral.com/ads/ and let us know if you have any questions. Login details are sent to you in a conversation.

Thank you!

Hello, @olegus-78

It is not implemented in this release, but we plan to implement it in coming one, within about a week. There are some things to consider regarding flash support, including security checks, the possibility to set parameters for flash movie etc. which makes it a bit big update to the script.

We will announce the support for flash uploads as soon as it is ready.

Thank you!

Hello, @Rho Delta

The responsiveness is already added to our task list and will be implemented soon.

As for purchasing ad-free subscription, we do not find it to be quite relevant for the product. We will implemented option to define usergroups who do not see ads at all, and administrator can setup user upgrade to sell the access to that usergroup, which will be exactly what you mentioned without new payment methods implementations etc. Please let us know your thoughts.

Thank you!

So can this be accomplished through this addon without manual intervention from the admin? Id like to be able to sell subscriptions for no ads that last for say 1 year and then at the end of that year, they get demoted out of that group. I know it isnt quite what this addon was intended to do but it seems like it should be possible. I cant seem to find a way to accomplish this automatically in Xenforo.

Hello, @MadFlava

Yes, it is completely possible, and should be achieved by combining XenForo's feature of User Upgrades and our product's setting to define excluded usergroups. So, just setup a User Upgrade, with any payment terms, length etc. and setup it to change user's usergroup to some special group, e.g. Paid Members (which you will need to create prior to this). Then, go to our product's settings page, and set Paid Members as excluded usergroup. Nothing related to usergroup change, payment etc. needs to be done in our product, all that will be handled by XenForo User Upgrades.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

XCentral updated XenCentral Ad Server with a new update entry:

XenCentral Ad Server 1.2.1 released

Hello everyone,

This is a bug-fix release that resolves problem connected with latest feature implemented - capping support. Data about capping is stored in cookies, and the boards with large number of ads running were getting an error about cookie size. Now the product is optimized to use smaller cookie space and not to exceed limits.

All licensed customers can download the package from their Client's Area.

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

@XCentral Hello. I have an error after installing some mods:
Code:
An exception occurred: Unable to Connect to tcp://xencentral.com:80. Error #111: Connection refused in /srv/videoregforum.ru/public/htdocs/library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php on line 235

Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect() in Zend/Http/Client.php at line 973
Zend_Http_Client->request() in XenCentral/Framework/Hooks.php at line 134
XenCentral_Framework_Hooks::getProductCopyright() in XenCentral/AdServer/Hooks.php at line 166
XenCentral_AdServer_Hooks::executeTemplateHooks()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 285
XenForo_Template_Abstract->callTemplateHook() in /internal_data/templates/S.9,L.2,PAGE_CONTAINER.php at line 3162
include() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 260
XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 191
XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 135
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 604
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /index.php at line 13
Could you help me?

The product just adds the HTML you are using to the page, and if the HTML itself is responsive, it will be responsive when added by our product as well. The default image-based ad generated with image upload is responsive.

I'm quite interested in this product, this is my second time reviewing it, but I'm still confused as to how I can sell responsive ads with this system.

I use three ad sizes with adsense currently, 320x50 for Mobile, 468x60 for Tablets, and 728x90 for Desktops. If I were to implement an 1st party ad serving solution like XenCentral, I think I'd want to set a zone for each size ad. If I didn't I'd have to require advertisers to supply all three ad sizes, or use text ads for the smaller slots, but I don't see a way to setup a requirement like that.

Of course I'd still want to back fill with adsense, if I didn't require advertisers to supply banners for all responsive zones, and an advertiser purchased a 728x90 banner, would I still be able to backfill the smaller responsive slots with adsense?

This seems to be beyond the current capability of this system.

Are you still around? I ordered a few days ago and PM you this morning and have yet to get the download/activation email...

Are you still around? I ordered a few days ago and PM you this morning and have yet to get the download/activation email...

We see your product was activated two days ago and email was sent to your order email address. Please check it with title "New Product Information". You can download the product logging in at https://www.skydevelop.eu/customers/clientarea.php and going to your orders section, Downloads tab.

I'm quite interested in this product, this is my second time reviewing it, but I'm still confused as to how I can sell responsive ads with this system.

I use three ad sizes with adsense currently, 320x50 for Mobile, 468x60 for Tablets, and 728x90 for Desktops. If I were to implement an 1st party ad serving solution like XenCentral, I think I'd want to set a zone for each size ad. If I didn't I'd have to require advertisers to supply all three ad sizes, or use text ads for the smaller slots, but I don't see a way to setup a requirement like that.

Of course I'd still want to back fill with adsense, if I didn't require advertisers to supply banners for all responsive zones, and an advertiser purchased a 728x90 banner, would I still be able to backfill the smaller responsive slots with adsense?

This seems to be beyond the current capability of this system.

Currently all that product does is resizing image via CSS to 100% width of the screen, so if 728x90 banner is uploaded and a user watches the same page with mobile, it will have 320px width (but will load the same image with width 728px).

We are interested in implementing better support for other devices, but it is not completely clear for us how you want it to work. Please contact us at https://desk.xencentral.com/ so we could discuss the details and enhance responsive ad support in our product.

Thank you!

We see your product was activated two days ago and email was sent to your order email address. Please check it with title "New Product Information". You can download the product logging in at https://www.skydevelop.eu/customers/clientarea.php and going to your orders section, Downloads tab.

Currently all that product does is resizing image via CSS to 100% width of the screen, so if 728x90 banner is uploaded and a user watches the same page with mobile, it will have 320px width (but will load the same image with width 728px).

We are interested in implementing better support for other devices, but it is not completely clear for us how you want it to work. Please contact us at https://desk.xencentral.com/ so we could discuss the details and enhance responsive ad support in our product.

Thank you!
Wow, ended up in my spam. Even looked like spam as I was expecting "XenCentral" as the sender or in the subject.

Top Bottom