XenCentral Ad Server

XenCentral Ad Server [Paid] 2.0.0 beta 3 rev. 2

No permission to buy (€59.99)
The issue with removing old images is fixed now

Not really.
On my produktion board i had the version 1.x installed.
Here i updated to your newest version 2.x with the fix.

In fact the old images where still there. Says something like pictures from older version.
But after i change the date of expire for a banner and saved it the images are gone. Had to upload again.

On my test board i had the version 2.x without the fix installed.
Updated to 2.x with the fix.
Here all images stay regardless what i change in options.

So from 1.x to 2.x with the fix the images disappear.
From 2.x to 2.x with fix stay.

This is for me not an issue anymore. I upload all new and that's it.
But you need to know it to look more into it.

Can you please provide a URL where we can see responsiveness issue?

You can't see it at the picture?
Was taken from a mobile.

And this is taken on a tablet.

Screenshot_2016-06-28-21-42-24-495.webp

If you really need a url i must set up first an account for you and assign some banners to this account.

Hello, @teletubbi

The fix for old images is implemented, but not released here yet and nor uploaded to Client's Area. We were waiting for further details to troubleshoot the issue with responsiveness before we will publish the next release.

No I see you mean the banner list in My Ads not being responsive. We will work on this and implement a fix soon.

We will update here once the new revision is ready.

Thank you!

So it was a misunderstanding.
You wrote like it was the fix in the last release.

They were not shown on edit page and now they are. But the issue with removing them after saving was reproduced based on your later report and is not included in current release yet.

We will release the next batch of bug fixes soon.

Thank you!

XCentral updated XenCentral Ad Server with a new update entry:

XenCentral Ad Server 2.0.0 beta 3 is released

Hello everyone,

this is the next beta release of XenCentral 2.0.0 version, that solves the problem with banner images uploaded in 1.x version not being visible and not saved in Admin Panel. Now if no new images are added the old ones will be kept in place, otherwise once you upload any new image the banner will switch to new images.

In this version we have also implemented responsive design in My Ads page at front-end allowing effective banner management from mobiles and tablets.

All...

Read the rest of this update entry...

In this version we have also implemented responsive design in My Ads page at front-end allowing effective banner management from mobiles and tablets.

To be gentle but responsive looks different.
I can live with it but I don't know if others can.

Screenshot_com.android.chrome_2016-06-30-12-37-10.webp

To be gentle but responsive looks different.
I can live with it but I don't know if others can.

View attachment 136879

I am not sure what you mean about gentelness and responsiveness, from your screenshot I just see the design wasn't applied somehow. We are checking the package now to see if all changes we did are included in the XML, we will inform you soon what was the problem.

Thank you!

Meaning i don't want be rude.

You should take it just as a hint for an error. Nothing more.

Thank you for the report. We appreciate your help in fixing the issues in beta software. We see the package didn't contain all fixes we applied, we will release soon the final fixed package.

Thank you!

I'm testing 2.0.0 beta 2 rev. 2 and believe I found an issue with permissions. I haven't been able to successfully create a user to delete/upload a new ad graphic in their front end ad admin unless they are set up as an administrator with the "Manage advertisements" permission set. Of course, this isn't an option outside of administrators/moderators. Without this set I can get into the edit ad page but as soon as I try and delete the ad graphic or upload a replacement I get a "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.".

Today I had the time to try your last release.

As you can see responsive doesn't work with the last release.
This is a Screenshot from a mobile.

All phrase mixed. Can't really see it. The banners are squeezed not resized.

Screenshot_com.android.chrome_2016-07-03-18-42-34.webp

For me no problem as I have till now no customer who use this future.
But maybe others have.

I'm testing 2.0.0 beta 2 rev. 2 and believe I found an issue with permissions. I haven't been able to successfully create a user to delete/upload a new ad graphic in their front end ad admin unless they are set up as an administrator with the "Manage advertisements" permission set. Of course, this isn't an option outside of administrators/moderators. Without this set I can get into the edit ad page but as soon as I try and delete the ad graphic or upload a replacement I get a "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.".

View attachment 137020

But maybe others have.

Thank you for the comments. We will be back with our considerations very soon.

Thank you!

This issue was reproduced and fixed. We will include the fix in upcoming bug-fix release.

Thank you!

View attachment 137020

But maybe others have.

It seems the edits we had in the latest release are not fully applied on your board, maybe due to edited CSS templates. Can you please confirm, if the templates xcas_banner_list.css and xcas_zone_list.css were edited on your board? This is how we see the list on our demo board on screen width 650px
2016-07-05_1631.webp

You can see the page at http://demo.xencentral.com/ads/zone/site

Username: simple user
Password: testuser

If you want you can open a ticket and we will review the issue on your board directly and make sure it looks good on mobile devices.

Thank you!

I found another issue.

The statistics for clicks from country produce no data.
Not for the zone and not for the banners.

Screenshot_2016-07-05-21-29-59-492.webp

Zone list was edited.
Banner list not.

Should i upload again? Or do you have the code for the xcas_banner_list.css at the hand so i can copy it into this template.

I found another issue.

The statistics for clicks from country produce no data.
Not for the zone and not for the banners.

View attachment 137177

Thank you for the report, this issue is solved now as well. Will be released among with other fixes today.

Zone list was edited.
Banner list not.

Should i upload again? Or do you have the code for the xcas_banner_list.css at the hand so i can copy it into this template.

All templates that include xcas_banner_list.css template should be untouched as well or properly merged. Theses are
xcas_campaign_list, xcas_manage_banners, xcas_zone_list. After installation you get all new code in your board, they just don't get merged with edited ones. I guess you see the message "There are templates that may be outdated. Click here to review them." in your admin panel home page. Clicking the link you will be directed to the page /admin.php?templates/outdated where you will see all your edited and not properly merged templates. Click Merge Changes to run the merging script and after checking the output you can merge them. Clicking on template name itself you will open the Edit Template page, where you have "View Custom Changes" link. This way you can see what you have updated in the template, backup your changes, and revert the template (using another button), after which you will get the template coming with product package, and will be able to apply your changes again.

Thank you!

I'm using Ad server and running memcache and it doesn't seem to be caching correctly.

With Ad Server running the cache misses keep increasing steadily.

upload_2016-7-8_10-48-59.webp

I then disabled Ad Server and restart Memcache and the misses are minimal.

upload_2016-7-8_11-45-48.webp

As soon as I reenable Ad Server, the misses start increasing again.

Running 2.0.0 beta 3 rev. 2 but I noticed it on previous releases 1.4.5 as well.

Thanks

Another bug, when uploading a new banner in an existing zone through the Admin CP, the banner appears to upload ok and displays in the correct place. But when you go into the edit the banner again through the Admin CP the image is missing.

upload_2016-7-10_8-11-31.webp

Top Bottom