• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Xen Shimmie Gallery (tagged searching based)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope you add your path where it says "add your forum path here" >.>

Anyways this will work for you

PHP:
define('XENFORO_PATH_MODIFY_ME', '..');

And where is "add your forum path here" >.> this :D

my config file now looks like this:

PHP:
<?php
define('XENFORO_PATH_MODIFY_ME', '..'); 
/*
INSTRUCTION: 
    Please edit the xenforo path to match your server environment.
    You can use relative path or absolute path...
*/

So I don't have to fill '..' this either ?

Updated to v1.1
Cookie problem fixed when people visit the gallery before the forums.

I thought after seeing the pictures, this would be something like xfrocks's wordpress proxy add-on. Basic styles would be ported from xenforo to the gallery. I'm installing this for another member here and haven't read the thread properly. Thank you though :)

I thought after seeing the pictures, this would be something like xfrocks's wordpress proxy add-on. Basic styles would be ported from xenforo to the gallery. I'm installing this for another member here and haven't read the thread properly. Thank you though :)
Ah I see no sorry this will need a custom skin if you wish it to match your site.

Updated the image to show what you can do with this (IF you have time and willing to work for the results) I love the way it works for me :) added demo also but will not be open till tonight or tomorrow.

Rss/atom Feeds integration would be cool to auto post images.

Is there anyway to integrate http://pixlr.com/ for photo edit responses?

I made images to where if you click on an image it opens a new tab where you can edit said picture in pixlr. It would be cool if it allowed for greater integration, but I'm not too sure about the possibility.

Thanks for contributing the cheeks.

Sigh.... Was here any need to post that? It's not like am FORCE'ing you to use it am I?
you know what next time I will just not bother :censored:
Don't let them get you down... There are as many different kinds of community as there are registered URLs. Not all of them have the same needs, not even close. The Shimmy gallery that you provided a free bridge for is quite a unique option, and it will be a perfect solution for a lot of people, and even if it's not something that Susan and I can use atm, I thank you very much for sharing it with everyone else here.

It IS a very cool gallery system. :)

Danbooru and compatibles (such as Shimmie) are very different to the average image gallery. They are imageboards (for those of you familiar with 4chan and derivatives), just presented in a different way - essentially mini forums.

This addon is just misunderstood really. It's great for what it is :)

Sadly most people are after something tied into their forum (and much simpler), not a separate entity.

It's not about the addon :D forget that, It's why people bother to post saying "its not what I want" I mean really what is the point of that?
I would never say anything about that to anyone who is giving stuff away for free... Guess am more like >>this
Oh well it's been a rough day time to hit the hay.

Hi Vodkaholic. I spent a bit of time looking at your site and it is very nice, especially your image gallery setup. I think this system could either be what I am looking for, or possibly grow into something that would work. I hope you can answer a few questions. Are the images integrated with the forums at all? More specifically,

- are the images locally hosted? or does Shimmie host them?

- can members embed images into posts like [shimmie]1[/shimmie] and then the image with id 1 would appear?

- will this work with the XF search system? For example when you use XF basic search, if a movie in XenMedio exists, the search will produce a match

- are the images locally hosted? or does Shimmie host them?

They are locally hosted - shimmie is a script not a service.

- can members embed images into posts like [shimmie]1[/shimmie] and then the image with id 1 would appear?

Fairly sure that can't be done currently

- will this work with the XF search system? For example when you use XF basic search, if a movie in XenMedio exists, the search will produce a match

Again that's not currently a feature as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom