Xen Pushover (Push Notifications) [Deleted]

Do you get the alert normally on the forum in the alerts menu? If so it should get pushed over Pushover too.

Ah - no. I had it set to email me and was looking for a separate setting in the add-on. I'll enable alerts too and see what happens, thanks.

In terms of the front end it pushes to Pushover whenever an alert is sent, or whenever a conversation is sent/replied to.

So, basically, unless it's an alert, you won't see it pushed to you.

Hi Chris, I'm on Xenforo 1.4.5 (updating to 1.5 maybe in a month or two).

Plugin is installed, Pushover account and app created, keys have been added, permissions turned on via the forum for my user.

When I go to the external accounts page, everything looks great. I then click the subscribe to pushover button.

I get confirmation to my device that I've been subscribed to the application, but receive this error when I return to the forum page.

Any ideas about what I might be missing? Thank you!

Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 9.25.17 AM.webp

You have to download the app on your mobile device, and sign up for an account, then go to the forum and click the subscribe button.

Plugin is installed, Pushover account and app created, keys have been added, permissions turned on via the forum for my user.
Any ideas about what I might be missing? Thank you!
View attachment 116646

You did (in Pushover site) activate a subscription did you not?
I see you say you installed the add-on, Pushover account and app created and keys added.. but what about the subscription aspect that the new version requires that you set up?

This is from the control panel for Pushover where you set the application up

Screen-Shot-2015-09-11-at-10.25.28-AM.webp
and put the associated subscription code in the forum ACP for the app?

Ha indeed! But I cleared my logs by accident when I was trying to get a copy.. blast.
Will update it when it happens again.. I know you made a recent update to it also, but I can't find my email anywhere.. Could you point me to the update release please Chris?
Thank you

The updates are emailed and contain a unique download link so I can't point you anywhere.

Search for emails from "FetchApp" or with words containing "Pushover". They will have been sent to whatever email is associated to your PayPal account.

The updates are emailed and contain a unique download link so I can't point you anywhere.

Search for emails from "FetchApp" or with words containing "Pushover". They will have been sent to whatever email is associated to your PayPal account.
That did it, "FetchApp".. I couldn't find anything for Pushover.
Okay Chris next time it happens I will get the logs for you. I went to paste it in my first message, but cleared it. Ah well.. Will let you know and thank you Chris.. :)

Okay have a problem upgrading it.. Hope it's nothing I've missed? I uploaded the files as per, then went to upgrade and then had this;
Code:
Callback XenPushover_Listener::extendConversationModel is invalid (Invalid Method).

EDIT;
I re-uploaded the files and tried again, this time it worked... Could be because of the cache?
Not to worry anyway, again thank you. :)

DEMO
The add-on is running at the Xen Resources website. Create an account there, set up Pushover in the External Accounts page, create some messages in the Test Messages forum or add some media, and log in to the Test Admin account and use that to Like your content to get the alerts sent to your device.
Hello Chris, I'd like to test the push notifications on xenresources.com but the test forum said:
"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
https://xenresources.com/forums/test-messages.11/

Just post anywhere or create some profile posts. I'll trigger some push notifications for you.

I'm using this addon in Xenforo 1.5.2 and is working absolutely fantastic
(the addon and Pushover service) appreciate the high quality and the fast and kind support.
There are not even a single suggestion. Oh, wait, yes, I have only one suggestion, please integrate Pushbullet. ^ . ^
Addon 100.000% recommended. thanks for your great job Sir! ★★★★★★

Just now realized that you can customize all (including third-party add-on) alert preference name phrases… :whistle: No more "insert_watched" like push alert preferences... This is one of the most well-concived add-ons here. (y)

Top Bottom