Fixed Push Notifications for new post alerts open homepage on XF2.3B4

Chromaniac

Affected version
2.3 Beta 4
I would try to test it out on a brand new install. But this is on an upgraded install from 2.2.

Reaction alerts take me to the right post. But new post alerts take me to homepage. Looking for feedback from other users who have test installs of B4 running on an upgraded install if they can check this.

I have checked this on Chrome/Firefox on Windows and Chrome/Vivaldi on Android. Same behavior.

This has been quite a baffling issue. I notice that the push alerts that sends me to homepage has post url to open in them. Not sure if this is how it used to be before when it used to work fine. I also noticed that if I login as a regular user, these push notifications work fine. These notifications do not have the post url in them and they open just fine. Seems to only affect my admin account. Makes it really hard to find out what the core issue is...

1713630389444.webp

So I did more testing on a brand new Beta 5 build. And I could easily replicate this issue. Admin accounts get buggy notifications. A regular test account gets normal notifications. I guess I would ignore this for now and see if anyone else report this once 2.3 gets stable and more folks start updating their primary installs. Someone should have reported this by now lol. Cheers.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.3.0 Beta 6).

Change log:
Do not embed template name data attribute in push templates
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom