Xen Notices [Deleted]

Only you'll see the error then, but it's fixed in 1.7.3 which will be released later today/tomorrow.

This is quite a new bug, actually. Prior to 1.7.0, the template would only ever have been injected into its template hook if there were Notifications.

Because I don't use template hooks anymore and because the template modification is inserted into the PAGE_CONTAINER regardless, it requires an additional check in the template to see if there are any notifications or not.

If you wanted to fix it now, it's just as you'd expect. Above:

HTML:
<xen:foreach loop="$notifications" key="$notificationId" value="$notification">

Add:
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$notifications}">

And of course </xen:if> at the bottom, after the loop closes.

OK. No notifications are showing however...

The error didn't start until I added the last notification (I think). Is there a way I can stop it from happening until the update?

Ok, another strange bug...

No notifications are appearing now...

EDIT: If notices are disabled, then notifications are disabled to... I'm assuming this isn't intended?

Actually, yes it is intended.

Yes.

The code was all handled in template hooks before. They are deprecated and although they work now, I can't guarantee they'll stay working.

So I basically use the notices_prepare event now. It has access to the PAGE_CONTAINER template, a template object and container data. Basically everything I need all in one place.

I guess the only "down side" is that it requires Notices to be enabled. But, at the same time, having Notices enabled has no adverse effects, no additional query overhead on page load, etc.

From a technical point of view, it's far from silly. Because I wouldn't code something that's silly. Especially when the "solution" (as provided by Brogan) is simple.

By email. Even the original email you got when you purchased. Search for fetchapp or deemit in your email.

I've found an issue with notices in computers running internet explorer. The notice does not hold it's position on top over a video.
not.png

Ok, I'm waiting for 1.7.3 too.

Just to let you know (don't know if it was mentioned before). On my test board I have debug mode on and I can see this on top of my site:

Template Errors: PAGE_CONTAINER
  1. Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.../public_html/testzone/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 567:
    566: ';
    567: foreach ($notifications AS $notificationId => $notification)
    568: {

That error will only show in debug mode. Make sure debug mode is disabled or at least only enabled for your IP.

Chris D updated Notifications with a new update entry:

Improvements

• No longer requires Notices to be enabled
  • Resolves template error in debug mode if no Notifications are available
  • Placeholders, e.g. {name} are now usable in titles
  • ...and display (where possible) in previews.
  • Previews in the Admin CP are better formatted, e.g. bullet points etc.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update. The download link shouldn't expire should it? I'm getting this message: This order has expired and can no longer be downloaded. Please refer to the download email we sent you for further support

Top Bottom