Add-on Xen Media Gallery - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me, it is actually less than 3 weeks.

I just checked my Skype log and the first message about it is 28 March.

Incredible.
Here's the first day I actually started work. 2nd April.

Built the category Admin CP first:

RHTLfkB.png

Capture.webp

^ The above options are the options anytime someone makes a gallery on my site. I'd like these options as well within the Media Gallery.

Although I'm not 100% concerned about the "private option".... The rest though are kind of important.

That's why I said I'd be including User Albums next. Same thing you've screenshotted there really.
What... wait.... So you're saying this will be a different add-on?

I'm kind of hoping to have it all in one add-on (this one).... Photos and videos (media gallery).

Great add on...

Couple of questions -

1) Are the images stored in a different way to the stock Xenforo attachments as the URL's seem different? One thing that worries me is if I remove the addon in the future will the images still be available in the standard xenforo attachment system or are they stored separately? Just want to know if something happens to the addon what happens to the images. No offence but just want to ensure future viability if things change.

2) When viewing an album can you get a thumbnail view of all images in that album rather than a large image straight up?

The images are stored like standard forum attachments, the same as the RM does it.
If a media item is deleted then the image is removed from the server.

There is no small thumbnail view of all images per category, I have suggested this though.

The images are stored like standard forum attachments, the same as the RM does it.
If a media item is deleted then the image is removed from the server.

There is no small thumbnail view of all images per category, I have suggested this though.

Ok that sounds great....

So to clarify if you uninstall / remove the mod the images will remain in the attachment system?

Cheers....

This looks awesome Chris. I will definitely be purchasing it early, even though my needs are the user albums. Just curious, after release, is there any ETA on the User albums function? Understandable if not, but never hurts to ask :) Have been using the current User Albums but lack of support is frustrating. I know that you will support this and it will be well-coded and well designed :)

So to clarify if you uninstall / remove the mod the images will remain in the attachment system?
That's correct.

Though being able to reuse that data in the gallery heavily depends on the Xen Media Gallery tables, but at least that data is there in case you need to uninstall the add-on for any reason. You can then remove the attachment data using the Attachment Browser in the Admin CP.

This looks awesome Chris. I will definitely be purchasing it early, even though my needs are the user albums. Just curious, after release, is there any ETA on the User albums function? Understandable if not, but never hurts to ask :) Have been using the current User Albums but lack of support is frustrating. I know that you will support this and it will be well-coded and well designed :)

I would love to give an ETA but that is unrealistic. I built what I have now in three weeks. Could I say that is my target for user albums? Sure. But it's unrealistic as I will be having to maintain the soon to be released product and I have to start paying some attention to my existing customers who have been incredibly patient with me recently.

It will happen definitely as soon as possible.

That's correct.
I would love to give an ETA but that is unrealistic. I built what I have now in three weeks. Could I say that is my target for user albums? Sure. But it's unrealistic as I will be having to maintain the soon to be released product and I have to start paying some attention to my existing customers who have been incredibly patient with me recently.

It will happen definitely as soon as possible.

Awesome. As I said, it never hurts to ask! But I will be purchasing the original release, before the price increase :)

Just to be clear too..

>> Once those additional features are released, the price will increase from £40 GBP to £60 GBP.

So if we purchase it at release for 40.. We still will then later receive the additional features that increases it to 60 later for free or will there be a fee to receive them when released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom