Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet. But it's not something that needs to be integrated into the main XMG release. The redirect scripts will be released to licensed customers via the XMG website once they are ready.

Not yet. But it's not something that needs to be integrated into the main XMG release. The redirect scripts will be released to licensed customers via the XMG website once they are ready.

I understand; willing to provide info if it would help. Ready to do the migration.

Chris,

I recently installed the plugin and love it so far...

On my site we run a Fluid design and with the current Thumb layout, we only can get 3 per row, and when you enlarge the Window, the images just ZOOM large and outscale the pixels of the thumb looking horrible. Is there a way to control how many thumbs per row OR better would be that the say '15' per page would just wrap that way no matter what size the window is, then the thumbs would just stack accordingly, all keeping their original size unless media screen below X pixels wide then the repsonsive 'shrink' would kick in.

Thanks for any intel.

Hi MRaburn,

Glad to know you're loving the add-on so far.

Out of the box the gallery design is optimised for fixed width designs, but I have some advice to make it work better for fluid widths.

In Admin CP > Appearance > Style Properties > XMG: Responsive Design > Settings you can change the "Items per row" value. Naturally changing the default items per row to 4 or 5 would look better on wider screens, but the problem still exists if a user has an even bigger screen.

See how that works for you.

What you might prefer, however, and this is closer to what you asked for:

http://xenmediagallery.com/threads/better-handling-for-fluid-widths.961/#post-5261

If you follow the instructions in that post, you can set the thumb width to be fixed at 250px or 300px or similar. In addition to that, follow the instructions in this post:

http://xenmediagallery.com/threads/better-handling-for-fluid-widths.961/#post-7890

The end result is something like this:

upload_2014-2-3_10-18-9.webp

You may want to also play around with margins and things like that to get it perfect. But I think that looks much better on fluid width styles.

Hope that helps.

Chris.

Thanks Chris, got it working like a champ with the Style property edit (I set mine to 200px) and then the template edit.

BTW, is there a way to have the watermark be set on upload or this is only a manual option per thumb after upload? I can't find a trigger for this.

Hi Chris!

Which style property do I need to edit to make the rating/review text editor background light? A little hard to see with my style.

Screenshot at Jul 28 15-51-46.webp

Hi Chris!

Which style property do I need to edit to make the rating/review text editor background light? A little hard to see with my style.

View attachment 78987
I meant to reply to this sooner.

There isn't an XMG style property that controls this. It looks as though the editor in your style is styled with a transparent background. This probably appears normally in threads and comments because your style has a white background. By default in XenForo the editor background is white rather than transparent.

Is there a particular reason that it's transparent? If no, I'd suggest adding a background colour to it. It seems like a bug with your style

I meant to reply to this sooner.

There isn't an XMG style property that controls this. It looks as though the editor in your style is styled with a transparent background. This probably appears normally in threads and comments because your style has a white background. By default in XenForo the editor background is white rather than transparent.

Is there a particular reason that it's transparent? If no, I'd suggest adding a background colour to it. It seems like a bug with your style

Thanks Chris, fixed the style :)

Hellow chris... i jsut bought your xmedia addon works great.. 2 things.. How can i use the recent media on the sideblock and my watermarks dont show up. any suggestions?

awww never mind on the watermark.. I didntknow you had to click add water mark.. sorry boss .. i thought it auto does that on all u upload

upload_2014-8-6_17-44-50-png.79861

Awesome Alert.

Love the [New Media] tab on what's new as well :)
Demo: http://xenmediagallery.com/find-new/posts

It's most likely that he doesn't have the bypass moderation queue permission and you don't have the approve/unapprove permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom