Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how he got the thumb to show like that...didn't work for me

Also the formatting looks different when I view the actual link.

He may have used a different parser or adjusted it himself.

@Chris Deeming need some noob help pls, how can I get the thumbnails to automatically load for other media types? for example collegehumor thumbnails were pulled automatically in the old version, but now I just get no thumbnail with other media type vids. o_O

@Chris Deeming need some noob help pls, how can I get the thumbnails to automatically load for other media types? for example collegehumor thumbnails were pulled automatically in the old version, but now I just get no thumbnail with other media type vids. o_O
You can set up the thumbnail location in Admin CP > Gallery Options > Media Sites. You can either provide a URL to the image, or create a new PHP class (most of the default ones do this) and the thumbnail is collected using their API.

Some services it just won't be possible to get a thumbnail because the service doesn't make that available. In which case, you may just need to upload a generic thumbnail for that service.

@yavuz does something similar based on a similar duscussion at my site. If you search for traileraddict in my forum search you should find it. I don't have the URL to hand

great, thanks

really need this.

didn't realise it could do Soundcloud too... what about Bandcamp?
The Gallery supports absolutely anything that you can create a XF BB Code media site for.

For the earlier posts who asked, I'll explain more about thumbnails later.

Really @MattW? o_O

Someone has reported issues with Attachment Store but @xfrocks being a superstar (and me giving him a free copy :D) he's looking into it. For example, if you rotate or flip an image, does that cause it to break?

1. As for the Xengallery addon the comments on the pictures/videos does not count towards total post count for a user.

Does this addon allow comments that goes towards total post count for users?

(I did purchase this awhile back but been waiting for this update) ^_^

2. I imported threads into Xengallery but now would like to import from Xengallery to this addon Xen Media Gallery - My question is should I remove all those threads that had pictures/replies to them so their not shown up twice as duplicate site content? Cause I have duplicate content now but dont want to skrew any seo up that we have been doing.

1. Comments do not count towards the post count for a user. It has been suggested. I am, however, in two minds about whether it should happen or not. It won't be in 2.0 but I will consider it for the future.

2. I don't know about this, to be honest. Would it be classed as duplicate content? Depends how they define duplicate content. Yeah, same image, but certainly a different code structure, layout, different surrounding information. I'd have thought it'd be ok but I'm no expert at SEO stuff.

Really @MattW? o_O

Someone has reported issues with Attachment Store but @xfrocks being a superstar (and me giving him a free copy :D) he's looking into it. For example, if you rotate or flip an image, does that cause it to break?

1. Comments do not count towards the post count for a user. It has been suggested. I am, however, in two minds about whether it should happen or not. It won't be in 2.0 but I will consider it for the future.

2. I don't know about this, to be honest. Would it be classed as duplicate content? Depends how they define duplicate content. Yeah, same image, but certainly a different code structure, layout, different surrounding information. I'd have thought it'd be ok but I'm no expert at SEO stuff.
Yes, I can rotate images fine. Done a few tonight to make sure they work. I did notice that is generated a 404 on one of them, but then rotated it back, and it was working again, and could then be rotated OK continually.

I'm not sure I'd want XMG comments to count towards the post count of a user. Xenforo doesn't count profile comments towards the post count, so I don't see why XMG should either. However a separate XMG comment count statistic might be of interest to some people.

Yeah my thoughts exactly.

I'm interested in hearing people's thoughts on whether it should be the same post count, a separate comment count or neither.

thanks chris

do you think it'd be feasible to do a direct manual SQL import of existing videos?
It's impossible to say without seeing the source data.

It's impossible to say without seeing the source data.

well i'd be thinking in terms of making the source data fit the addon's schema. Realistically we're talking youtube / vimeo video ID, a title and description (both previously extracted from the video).

Main problem i'd foresee would be thumbnail generation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom