Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comments support @ tagging so it is best to tag people you specifically want to see a comment.

New comments mark the media as new, also, so if you keep your eye on New Media it will appear there.

Reactions: DRE
Xen Media Gallery 2.0 RC1 is available now for immediate download.

Xen Media Gallery 2.0 has been in testing here now for around 3 weeks and in that time a number of improvements have been made to the code, some bugs have been resolved and suggestions for improvements have been implemented.

There has literally been new changes every single day for the last three weeks, so although some of you may have been expecting this to be a "stable" release, it is only sensible to have a further period of testing to ensure the new code can be tested in a variety of scenarios.

With that in mind, although the code is very stable due to its testing here, as ever please consider carefully before installing pre-release stuff on a live board.

Certainly it is true of the new importers for:
  • [XFR] User Albums
  • XenMedio Free
  • XenMedio Pro
  • sonnb XenGallery
...please first complete and test imports on dev copies of your live data before doing them on your actual data (this is true always, even in a stable release).

So, with all that out of the way... Head over to the Download page to download Xen Media Gallery 2.0. To remind yourself of the changes, please see the changelog thread.

Any questions, please ask. Suggestions should be made here. Bugs should be reported here.

Thank you to everyone who has helped test Xen Media Gallery 2.0 and thank you to everyone for your continued support.

I can't login to your site on mobile. The login drop down doesn't respond and activates the logo link instead.

Important installation details:

Installation and setup:
  • Installation should be typically straight forward:
    • Download the ZIP file
    • Upload the files from the "upload" directory to the root of your XenForo installation
    • Once you do this, access to the gallery will be disabled until the upgrade is complete
    • Log on to your Admin CP, select Xen Media Gallery and browse for the XML file that was in the ZIP file and click Upgrade
  • After install, check for outdated templates. You will almost definitely need to revert any outdated templates.
  • Configure the add-on options in Admin CP > Applications > Gallery Options
  • Configure the new add-on permissions in Admin CP > Applications > Gallery Permissions
  • Run the following rebuilds in Admin CP > Applications > Gallery Rebuilds:
    • Rebuild Xen Media Gallery Thumbnails
    • Rebuild Xen Media Gallery User Media Counts
    • Rebuild Xen Media Gallery Category Media Count
    • Rebuild Xen Media Gallery User Media Quotas
    • Rebuild EXIF Data
  • Explore the new features such as custom fields, albums, importers, new design.

That hasn't been tested yet, unfortunately.

But like the release post says, you should try with a test install first.

Any idea on when the fully tested and approved version will be available? (the beta part scares me a bit) :cautious:

I just tested the albums on the Xen media site and it's really top notch! This thing is gonna blow the doors off of Photopost. :ROFLMAO:

It's not "beta".

It's a Release Candidate.

It's considered pretty stable. It's been in testing for about 3 weeks. There's a few features that hadn't quite been tested as much as I'd like, so that's why I'm giving people the opportunity to help out with that. It's certainly worth giving it an install on your localhost machine or on a test server if you have one :)

Chris, the release candidate looks great.

Two questions....

1. If I'm viewing someone's picture in the gallery, like Brogan's here, and I want to see the rest of his pictures and/or albums he's posted in, where would I click? This is a common scenario on my forums, where people want to see other things from the same poster

2. Are video uploads and conversion through ffmpeg in this version?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom