Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chris Deeming Love the list of feature. Only concern is you said that photo albums would be private by default. People are lazy and usually just accept default values. Would really suck to see a bunch of private albums all over the site (simply because they didn't change it)

Beyond that, I continue to look forward to this when it is finally released :)

Yes.

They haven't actually been written yet.

They definitely will be. But I have to balance this right.

I won't delay the release of what I have now because of the importers, but they are the next job on the list.

Chris Deeming said:
I will post below in case I have missed anything.

So, what do you guys want me to demonstrate first? :D A bit spoilt for choice here!

I missed something!

• You can upload images from URL, now.
Also the bottom question is a serious question. My next thread will be about the new albums system. What do you guys want to be shown next?

how are you loading the font-awesome file? I ask because I already use 4.03 so I am going to have to stop one from loading. Or do you check if it's already there?

Loading it multiple times has no adverse effects, especially as the browser will have cached it upon first visit anyway.

There's no way to check if it's already there.

However, if you already load it globally, i.e. in PAGE_CONTAINER, you could just clear the contents of the xengallery_font_awesome template. That is what included in the areas of the Gallery that use Font Awesome. As long as you have Font Awesome called elsewhere (and if you do, it must be version 4.X) all of the Gallery icons will still work.

@Chris Deeming Love the list of feature. Only concern is you said that photo albums would be private by default. People are lazy and usually just accept default values. Would really suck to see a bunch of private albums all over the site (simply because they didn't change it)

Beyond that, I continue to look forward to this when it is finally released :)
upload_2013-12-14_10-49-49.webp

This is now in options. Private is still the default, but it can be changed by the Admin.

Unfortunately, this isn't Kier from XenForo.

But this is a video with some crudely thrown together annotations on it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This video (best viewed at HD 720p with annotations on) should hopefully give you the best possible look at some of the new features regarding albums and adding media in Xen Media Gallery 2.0.

Let me know what you think below :)

Great, thank you so much. I am so happy to have chosen Xen Media Gallery months ago against the competitors, it looks really great.
Don't delay it anymore, but please keep the PhotoPost Pro importer in mind for the next few weeks. Maybe the community will help to achieve that - imagine thousands of vB/PP admins happily change to XF/XMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom