Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The site is running the current released version, not the new version.

That is running on a closed development site.

So this one seems to bring search and font awesome for the rating stars. I believe there was another new option to post photo and video at the same time. I did not see any other changes
Xen Media Gallery has always had search.

The Font Awesome stars is this add-on: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/font-awesome-ratings.2568/

No one has seen the new version yet. As I said earlier:
Last couple of features in development before the big reveal ;)

Xen Media Gallery has always had search.

The Font Awesome stars is this add-on: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/font-awesome-ratings.2568/

No one has seen the new version yet. As I said earlier:
OK, my fault for skimming the thread

I saw this post
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xen-media-gallery-paid.49067/page-44#post-681048

And 2 or 3 post down
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xen-media-gallery-paid.49067/page-44#post-681083

And thought for a moment.... "Oh goodies. Yay!"

@Chris Deeming ,

Forgive me if this has been already asked.
But does this new version of the media gallery show new "alerts" in the nav bar?
Never was able to get that working in the previous version.

Thanks.

Let's see... own 3 copies - 2 copies in actual use.... now how to tie in a gallery to a Linux forum... hmmmm.... :p

Don't forget you can host your own videos now or of course there's still video embeds so you could do instructional videos? Or if you want to stick to images, wallpapers could be a good one.

Don't forget you can host your own videos now or of course there's still video embeds so you could do instructional videos? Or if you want to stick to images, wallpapers could be a good one.
Hehehehe... me - do an instructional video..... hehehehe
A @Kier I am not... and you'd go to sleep listening to my slow East Texas drawl. :)

So, the videos can be locally hosted on the new version and not rely on YouTube or some other provider for streaming?
Hmmm... now you got me to thinking.

Some people have asked me specifically what features are coming in XMG 2.0.

Here's the full list... there's probably a fair bit I've forgotten:

• XenForo 1.2+ compatible only
  • Ability for a user to create albums
    • Privacy settings:
      • Private (default)
      • Shared
      • People You Follow
      • Members Only
      • Public
      • Usergroup permission that can override all of the above (all media, all albums fully visible)
    • Albums can be liked/rated/integrated with alerts system (alerts when an album is shared with you, etc.)
    • Currently, only the album owner can add/remove media from albums. The album owner cannot currently be changed.
    • Permissions to control:
      • Whether or not an album can be shared (or will always remain private)
      • Basic create/update/edit/delete
      • What type of media can be added to albums, image uploads, video uploads, video embeds.
    • Award trophies, show notices, user promotions etc. based on album count.
  • Completely redesigned Admin CP interface
    • All Gallery related options available in the Xen Media Gallery section of the Applications navigation menu. Quick access to:
      • Categories
      • Permissions
      • Options
      • Rebuilds
    • All new tabbed layout for options pages.
  • New Custom Fields system.
    • Previous "Caption" feature migrated to a default "Caption" custom field.
    • Custom fields can be a rich text editor, multiple choice, text fields etc. (Just like user fields and resource fields).
    • Custom field values can be displayed in a number of locations:
      • Below Media
      • Below Information (tab and sidebar)
      • Extra Information tab
      • An entirely new tab
    • Individual fields can be enabled for media in specified categories and can be toggled on/off for use in media contained in albums.
    • All usual custom field features.
  • Member tagging system for images
    • Permissions to create member tags and view existing member tags.
    • Activate tagging, click and drag over the images to draw around a face. Type the name of a member.
    • The tagged member gets an alert if they have permission to view the media (the alert is suppressed if not).
    • Responsive!
  • Content tagging for media
    • Type keywords to tag media.
    • Auto complete suggests existing tags as you type.
    • A new block is available for gallery sidebar and forum home sidebar. This is a configurable tag cloud showing the most popular tags. More on blocks later...
    • Existing tags for the media are in the "Information" tab in the media (next to the comments tab).
    • Existing tags and tags from the tag cloud link to a page of media items tagged with the selected tag.
  • New toolbar on media pages
  • New appearance for media indexes
    • New design for media container
    • Much more responsive
    • Use of high quality icons in place of text labels for a cleaner look.
  • New design for media pages.
    • Some markup and styling improvements
    • Fully responsive videos
    • Tabbed layout below the media for easy access to comments, custom tabs and information
  • Watermark images
    • Upload a watermark in Admin CP options
    • Specify size, position, margin of watermark image
    • Globally disable watermarking
    • Permission controlled watermarking
      • Allow users to bypass the watermark creation
      • Allow users to remove watermarks from their own media or any media
      • Allow users to add watermarks to their media or any media
  • Number of new media features:
    • Launch lightbox on the media page, allows you to easily navigate through images and videos in the same category or album.
    • Use image as an avatar
    • Add / Remove Watermark
    • Crop image
    • Tag members in image
    • Flip an image
    • Rotate an image
  • Brand new quota system
    • General upload quotas
      • Total allowed storage per user in MB
    • Image upload quotas
      • Maximum image dimensions (images above this size are resized)
      • Maximum file size per image
      • Maximum items per upload
    • Video upload quotas
      • Maximum file size per video
      • Maximum items per upload
  • The newest thing here is the "Total allowed storage per user" setting. This allows you to restrict each user to a specific amount of storage each.
  • All of the above are global by default. If they are globally switched off in the options, they become permission based. You can control all of the above on a per user or per user group basis.
  • You can now specify a width and a height for thumbnails. Due to the improved responsive design of the gallery, this is no longer a fixed width/height like it was previously. But the aspect ratio as defined by the height and width is maintained as the browser window resizes. Ultimately, this allows much more flexibility in the shape of the thumbnails. Meaning if you wanted square, landscape or even portrait thumbs, that is now possible.
  • On the subject of thumbs, there have been great improvements with regards to embedded media. Previously the embedded media was loaded in the thumbnail. Now, a thumbnail image is generated as the media is embedded. This can be done in one of two ways:
    • PHP Callback
      • These are quite simple to create with basic PHP skills
      • Usually involve fetching the thumbnail from within the embedded media's URL...
      • ...or communicating with the service's API to get the image URL.
    • URL template
      • If the service has thumbnails which have a predictable URL, e.g. fake example http://img.youtube.com/{id}.jpg, then this can be used in place of a PHP call back.
    • The default embed sites have all been configured to fetch thumbnails using a PHP callback. If you do not specify a URL or PHP callback for other media sites, then no thumbnail is generated.
  • Continuing with the videos theme... Xen Media Gallery 2.0 now allows you and your users to upload their own videos.
    • Once uploaded, the videos can be played in the lightbox and on the media page using the HTML 5 video player, FlowPlayer.
    • Of course, videos are fully responsive.
    • If your server has the PHP exec() command enabled and FFMPEG installed and you provide the path to that, then during upload the videos will have a thumbnail created.
    • It's worth noting that although the allowed file extensions can be customised, this is no guarantee that an uploaded video will play correctly. The ability to play videos very much depends on the specific codecs that FlowPlayer supports and more importantly the codecs your user's computers support. This could cause videos to not play at all, or play with sound or without sound. However, most videos should be made "web optimised" before uploading anyway to reduce file size. Also most files from modern devices such as iPhone, Android and others seem to be working great.
  • The length of the media title and media description is customisable in options
  • There is a new permission that controls the maximum amount of time a user is allowed to edit their media.
  • Inline moderation is now available on all media items for moderation purposes. Cut down functionality is available to users too from their own media page, enabling users to perform inline moderation actions on their own media.
  • A count of the number of unviewed media shows above the Media navigation tab. This count is updated periodically (based on cache time defined in the options).
  • EXIF information is collected from compatible devices during upload and stored and displayed in the Information tab on the media page.
  • Most blocks such as Statistics, New/Random media, Tag cloud etc. can be used with Xen Porta and Widget Framework
    • XenPorta
      • A Raw HTML block is included in XenPorta. You can populate that with the relevant template code to make it appear wherever you want.
    • WidgetFramework
      • Widget Framework includes an "Advanced template renderer". Again, this can be used to call the relevant template code to make that appear wherever you like in the widget framework.
  • Redesigned Add Media page that allows you to choose a category, choose an album, create an album, upload a video, image or embed a video in one step without reloading the page.
  • You can upload images by URL.

I will post below in case I have missed anything.

So, what do you guys want me to demonstrate first? :D A bit spoilt for choice here!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom