Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to the amazing Xen Media Gallery users :)

Thank you so much for your patience.

Release of Xen Media Gallery 2.0 is still a short time away, but private beta testing has been incredibly useful. I'd especially like to take the opportunity to thank @Brogan and @Martok but also a big thank you to anyone else who has taken the time to look into what we have so far.

It's true that actually my original plan was to have more testers but ultimately I think fewer testers has been just as useful.

I also have to, once again, extend a huge thank you to all customers who have supported me and been patient while this version has been developed.

Today Xen Media Gallery 2.o reached the Beta 5 milestone which has been the product of many bug fixes and improvements over the last couple of weeks. It's important that I now accelerate the testing and feedback processed. I'm therefore pleased to announce:

Xen Media Gallery 2.0 is now installed at http://xenmediagallery.com

This also seems a fitting time to announce some changes to the previously announced feature set of Xen Media Gallery 2.0.

The first is slightly minor. The watermark feature. It now requires ImageMagick to be installed on your server or the watermarking feature remains disabled. The reason being is the default GD functions of PHP were NOT performing as expected with all file types. Often producing undesired results, such as opaque areas that should be transparent in PNG files. You do not need ImageMagick to be set as your default XF image processor. That option remains separate. But you will need ImageMagick installed on the server to enable watermarking.

The second is a bit bigger. Video uploads. These are not currently ready for XMG 2.0. It is important to me that the quality of all functions within the product are as good as they can be and this area needs some more work. That work is something I am not willing to delay the rest of XMG 2.0 for. With that in mind, the primary focus will be getting XMG 2.0 released in its current form and the work will continue on the video uploading feature behind the scenes.

All in all, XMG 2.0 is looking in great shape. Check it out, I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know what you love, what you hate and what you want to see next over at http://xenmediagallery.com.

Thank you :)

Did not see the option to change view settings when making an album... ie....

Public for everyone to see
Followers only
People I follow only
Private

Such settings to determine who can see my photo album

All albums are created private (or whatever the default is set in the Admin CP Options), then it can be changed on the index page for your album.

All albums are created private (or whatever the default is set in the Admin CP Options), then it can be changed on the index page for your album.
OK. Found it. Was expecting the option when I created it, but it's easy to find if you think to look at the sidebar.

Thank you Chris :)

( The basic importers will be in this release, correct? )

Hopefully.

The important thing to most people is getting the new functionality. If that means the importers come in 2.0.1 then so be it. It will be a short wait if that is the case.

I am, however, still aiming for them to be in 2.0.0.

Hopefully.

The important thing to most people is getting the new functionality. If that means the importers come in 2.0.1 then so be it. It will be a short wait if that is the case.

I am, however, still aiming for them to be in 2.0.0.
Really hope so as well. I had to disable the old [XFR] User Albums because of how things were running with it. My whole waiting has been for the personal galleries and imports to go along with them :)

No. Media in albums is ordered using the same tabs as other areas of the site. So by date, views, comments etc.

The second is a bit bigger. Video uploads. These are not currently ready for XMG 2.0. It is important to me that the quality of all functions within the product are as good as they can be and this area needs some more work. That work is something I am not willing to delay the rest of XMG 2.0 for. With that in mind, the primary focus will be getting XMG 2.0 released in its current form and the work will continue on the video uploading feature behind the scenes.

Sorry to hear this part...This is the feature I was eagerly awaiting. :cry:

Tis ok. I know working with ffmpeg and other background software applications isn't the easiest thing to do.

Two questions about the video portion, if I may...

1. Will we be able to select what video player we want to use? For example, I own a JWP 6 license and would love to use it.
2. Will uploaded filetypes be restricted (flv, MP4, WebM, etc) , or will they be able to upload pretty much anything ffmpeg will convert (for example .wmv files)?

Oh, and one question regarding categories:

1. Will there be a way to break categories up or limit the number of sub-categories that show under the categories area? For example, I am going to have manufacturer demo videos on my site, and there are a lot of manufacturers, and if I add them all, it will make my category list very long. I answered my own question on this one when I viewed the demo gallery and noticed that the sub-categories show up when you click on the main/header category. :)

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
1. It will be shipped with FlowPlayer but I would have thought swapping that out for your own should be easy enough. You would have to make the following changes:
  • The path to the javascript file for the player in the templates that call it (I think just the media_vew template and lightbox template if I recall)
  • The path to the CSS for the player in the templates
  • The markup for the video player in the templates (I believe pretty similar between FlowPlayer and JWP)
2. I haven't actually gotten this far yet. The first implementation of this uploaded the file pretty much as is with no transcoding. As you can imagine this didn't work too good. Transcoding with FFMPEG is the bit of work which needs to happen. I'll make this as flexible as possible.

Thank you to everyone so far who has helped me test Xen Media Gallery 2.0.

On Wednesday 25th December I installed Beta 5 at http://xenmediagallery.com and the last few days worth of testing and feedback has been invaluable.

A number of bugs were identified and fixed, and a number of suggestions have been implemented.

Beta 6 is now installed at http://xenmediagallery.com. Let me know what you think :)

Reactions: DRE
@Chris Deeming - if and when you ever make an importer for Xengallery - how will the import handle the multiple image sizes he utilizes in his add on, S,M and L. I have had a recent problem with my disc space on my server due to the triple images his add on creates. Is your gallery add on based off of the same multi sized image premise? if not, how will the import go then with so many images from the Xengallery add on and what will become the default image.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom